[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

"
Nakorite wrote:
not sure how you are capping your res while using those gloves, means you could need to cap it just on your ring/boots/belt.

For me personally I need resistance on my jewels to cap. Plus you could use a Wise Oak to help cap, you should be able to keep that up 100% of the time. Definitely not the best strat though.
can anyone help me to improve my gear with this build? I dont know how to spend currency, i have 6ex now
"
Qubomeduza wrote:
can anyone help me to improve my gear with this build? I dont know how to spend currency, i have 6ex now

Hello. Definitely get quality on some your gems, get Arc and Ball Lightning 21. Dont understand the gems on your second set of Poet's heh (two Lightning Warps?)
Your barrage gem should stay lvl 1 for low mana consumption. You could also a get a stygian vise belt for extra jewel socket. You could buy well rolled Vessel of Vinktar flask instead of one of the life flasks. Maybe some stronger jewels in general or if you fancy more survivality in Delves then Atziri's Acuity?
Hey,

i pushed this build pretty far now, struggle in getting 21 gems and so on, but thats not the point, i was able to kill elder deathless for the first time ever and would get shaper if i tried more often and get familiar with the fight, but i have a little question on a mechanic i dont really understand now.

i mean we kill packs fast with the explosions of inpulsa's, but where should i link a IIR gem, to use him?

into inpulsa's because it does the explosion effect
or into my arc, because it kills the main minion
or even into my herald of thunder?

And another thing that has botherd me for quite some time is, that i think about using warlords mark over assasins mark, the idea is to have more reliable leach against bosses and even endurance charges to boost immortal call and stop some of that phys damage which is the biggest thread imo. i dont know if it is hard to loose the crit boost from assasins mark, and also the power charges, which i can easily keep up with a orb of storms setup or maybe some kind of jewel, which could be worth investing.
Last edited by Lunoxx on Oct 5, 2018, 8:17:29 AM
"
Lunoxx wrote:
Hey,

i pushed this build pretty far now, struggle in getting 21 gems and so on, but thats not the point, i was able to kill elder deathless for the first time ever and would get shaper if i tried more often and get familiar with the fight, but i have a little question on a mechanic i dont really understand now.

i mean we kill packs fast with the explosions of inpulsa's, but where should i link a IIR gem, to use him?

And another thing that has botherd me for quite some time is, that i think about using warlords mark over assasins mark, the idea is to have more reliable leach against bosses and even endurance charges to boost immortal call and stop some of that phys damage which is the biggest thread imo. i dont know if it is hard to loose the crit boost from assasins mark, and also the power charges, which i can easily keep up with a orb of storms setup or maybe some kind of jewel, which could be worth investing.

I am in pretty much similar situation. Killed Elder now 3 times, lastly the red elder. Never done that before and this was pretty easy. Trying to get 21lvl arc, but failed 4 times now. Shaper to be killed, most likely will rip few times as never have had that fight.

I have been running warlords mark instead of the assasins mark due to link colors in my impulsa and it has been working really well, can recommend.

I am not able to answer for your IIR gem, that is good question.

APS is around 3.75 with barrage, which is linked to life on hit also.

So right now only boost to the dmg seems to be the 21lvl gems.
"
ProCircus wrote:
"
Lunoxx wrote:
Hey,

I am in pretty much similar situation. Killed Elder now 3 times, lastly the red elder. Never done that before and this was pretty easy. Trying to get 21lvl arc, but failed 4 times now. Shaper to be killed, most likely will rip few times as never have had that fight.

I have been running warlords mark instead of the assasins mark due to link colors in my impulsa and it has been working really well, can recommend.

I am not able to answer for your IIR gem, that is good question.

APS is around 3.75 with barrage, which is linked to life on hit also.

So right now only boost to the dmg seems to be the 21lvl gems.

I also failed to get any 21, but i think thats not the problem.

elder is easy in red imo, i swap to this
in boss fights and it works pretty fine.

i could prbly work a bit on my aps, but its at 3.68 now, so should be okay.

i think i will try it with warlords mark and see what i can do there.
First poet's pen build, I don't think I've ever had this much fun leveling. Total blast. Couple questions though... I see we use MoM but also run HoT? I guess the reserved mana from HoT isn't significant enough to worry about?

I also see frenzy linked with CoH and HoT in the guide... what for? Is that just a self cast thing? Currently I'm just attacking everything with barrage and completely ignoring frenzy...
"
saxisa wrote:
First poet's pen build, I don't think I've ever had this much fun leveling. Total blast. Couple questions though... I see we use MoM but also run HoT? I guess the reserved mana from HoT isn't significant enough to worry about?

I also see frenzy linked with CoH and HoT in the guide... what for? Is that just a self cast thing? Currently I'm just attacking everything with barrage and completely ignoring frenzy...

You´ll get reduced mana reservation cost for HoT with the last ascendency.
At the moment i´ve got around 2k Mana unreserved and just killed shaper with 2 deaths because i reacted to slow.

Frenzy is a good way to increase your attackspeed to reach the recommended 3,75 APS, but if you got quality on your gems or other ways of increased attack speed you don´t need it, i´ll just use barrage with quality on gmp etc
Last edited by lyc on Oct 5, 2018, 6:54:43 PM
I updated a little my gear and my gem setup. I find a lot better for mapping and boss:

Now I want corrupt Choir of the Storm to get "Additional Curse" and add Warlord Mard as curse (replace Empower), after replace Berek Ring with Elder Worm Ring and put in Wrath... and yes I need to get better enchant XD
"
Alerie91 wrote:
I updated a little my gear and my gem setup. I find a lot better for mapping and boss:

Very nice gear and interesting approach on 6 gem setup. Im about to try something similar once I get my 6link Inpulsa but with Spark instead of Arc for some more delve survivability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info