Game pauses aka timestop

"
nlilja wrote:
"
Sekkna wrote:
I'm gonna go ahead and assume your isp is DNA. Seems to be the common nominator with me and OP, although his connection is mobile and mine is fibre. My mobile connection with DNA showed no issues.

Using a VPN has solved the problem for me. I do get some hiccups and can't tell for sure if it's just the VPN. Kinda feels like I'd be getting the same disconnection, but instead of freezing it's able to resolve the problem.

With VPNGate through Germany I could actually get without getting timestops, however I get constant unable to connect instances and unexpected disconnects now...

However with netherlands vpngate I am able to play. Weird stuff.

Thus what it seems that through DNA from POE server to DNA the pipe drops somehow.

- B

I get the same problem still with Elisa/Saunalahti and Telia mobile networks.. :S
Don't really want to invest for a VPN currently.. And don't want to fuck around with trials..
"
nadrl wrote:
"
nlilja wrote:
"
Sekkna wrote:
I'm gonna go ahead and assume your isp is DNA. Seems to be the common nominator with me and OP, although his connection is mobile and mine is fibre. My mobile connection with DNA showed no issues.

Using a VPN has solved the problem for me. I do get some hiccups and can't tell for sure if it's just the VPN. Kinda feels like I'd be getting the same disconnection, but instead of freezing it's able to resolve the problem.

With VPNGate through Germany I could actually get without getting timestops, however I get constant unable to connect instances and unexpected disconnects now...

However with netherlands vpngate I am able to play. Weird stuff.

Thus what it seems that through DNA from POE server to DNA the pipe drops somehow.

- B

I get the same problem still with Elisa/Saunalahti and Telia mobile networks.. :S
Don't really want to invest for a VPN currently.. And don't want to fuck around with trials..

http://www.vpngate.net/en/ worked nicely with netherlands gateway to amsterdam (EU) node, however once I got to act3 it started lagging, weird. Some people complained about when getting also to act3 after 3.2.1c patch and also act4.

Everything was working well before 3.2.1c update.
Bump
VPN seemed to fix the problem for me, shucks because the latency is really annoying on some VPNs. But hey, I only play SC leagues..
"
nadrl wrote:
VPN seemed to fix the problem for me, shucks because the latency is really annoying on some VPNs. But hey, I only play SC leagues..

I can't comment on exactly where the problem is originating, but this is definitely an issue that you can take to your ISP tech support and ask them to help with. (The first level support people may not be much use, but if you explain that you have performance issues with the game, and using a VPN helps resolve them, you should be able to get them to pass it to the network escalation team - and they can try and get it sorted out, even if that involves working with a third party.)

Executive summary: if using a VPN resolves the issue, talk to your ISP, because that confirms it is a specific route causing trouble.
Last edited by SlippyCheeze on Apr 6, 2018, 12:52:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info