Skill Revamps - Part 1

I CAN'T HOLD ALL THIS HYPE
Oh baby jesus
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Lothorienn wrote:
Why would anyone play anything other than RF - which clears the whole screen while not even stopping or slowing down and KB - which clears 4 screens adjecent to youurs with a single swing of the wand is beyond me.

That's one limited imagination you've got there, buddy...

I'm all for hipster builds but most people follow what the top 5 streamers are playing and they usually don't play anything that isn't effective when racing.
do not touch aw!
"
Elf_97 wrote:
"""This includes small changes to its mechanics and a major change to its visuals to make it feel more intense and powerful. """

Nice, thx for reworking this, old skill. Sure we need channeled cold spell aswell !

But please can you do a rework on fire ball too ?? Better sound/visual effect (at this time is look like a newbie and very simplistic design, like a mini laser but not a "ball" ) Make it blast like in Diablo 2 !. Let us see this explosion and enjoying the sound effect !

I never use this spell ( apart for the first starting map to make it to the first town) and will never use it because i dislike so much the skill's visual.

For Arc is the same thing, the visual doesn't really make me feel i'm casting a Lightning spell , please.

I'm ready to pay but not for ugly thing .

Keep up the good work.

Have a nice day and i hope the best !

From my previous post concerning skill.
double post sry
Last edited by Elf_97 on Mar 28, 2018, 9:27:02 AM
double post sry
Last edited by Elf_97 on Mar 28, 2018, 9:25:26 AM
Firstly, thank you GGG for your diligence and forthcoming post on what aspects of the game you are trying to improve. I love this game and look forward, with anticipation, as to how this game will continue to evolve.

I do have an inquiry: I was wondering if you would be releasing skill use statistics, just like you did for the ascendency choices for the league?
Thank you very much for the early communication. Please keep it up!

This skill overhowl is definitly the right direction. Making decisions on the large selection of existing skills has to be relevant again. Only a few skills really matters while others fall way to much in behind. Thank you for putting efforts into solving this issue.

I really like the idea of exploring new playstyles. A good opportunity to give this game a fresh breath of usefull options. I would love to see new options to reach my goals in several different ways like it is when it comes to applying curses. PoE has so much to work with, if you understand the game mechanic in behind. Please give us more relevant options. :)

I am also a bit worried about the idea of skill themes. On the one hand, I like the idea of skill themes expressing the nature of an ascendancy class. On the other hand, this might result in making skills less valuable for other ascendency classes not having them in their skill theme. The worst thing I can imaging would be that an ascendency class gets bound to a specific subset of skills that can be used effectively. This is not too unlikely since limiting the options can help with ballancing which is somewhat in the focus of recent changes in game mechanics. However, that would destroy a unique feature of PoE, namely letting you play your class how ever you like to. New playstyles are created because they are explored by player's choice, not because they are tailored by the game developers. Please have a look at this potential issue when thinking about skill themes.

Thank you for reading and keep up the good work and open communications.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
This Skill Revamp overhaul is just too high up on a ladder for me at this moment of my Career in this game as I´m such a new player. But guess it will sink in with some time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info