Fortify Support Gem v Champion's Fortitude Node...?

And what he was trying to say, that more can be and will be much stronger than increased, didn't really shine through in my example with those low numbers.

but lets say you have 100 base dmg, 300% increased

so 100 * (1+3) = 400

lets say you would exchange now 100 increased for 100 more

you have 100 * (1+2) = 300

and then 300 * (1+1) = 600

so it gives you 50% more dmg in total, you have to aim for a good balance there, kinda the same kind of play like crit chance and actual crit multi.
The points are better spent elsewhere. Linking a fortify gem to leap slam or whirling blades is a far better choice.
Thanks for all the replies everyone.
I know the whole damage topic is nubish but it's something I'm determined to understand.
There are excellent videos and posts available but most good ones are created from a POE veteran's mindset, not being negative either, they're incredible, and maybe I'm over-complicating things but a veteran's explanation with a beginner's pov in mind would be ideal - thanks Grel*; this is my first true league, I started playing with about 3weeks left in Abyss.
Any other build/damage advice would be appreciated.

Thanks again.
...this escalated quickly.
Last edited by thMadHatter83 on Apr 3, 2018, 2:49:37 PM
Dunno if you have seen those:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfQ7m-PW-FA&list=PL7GqFLebBU8hhXFHepS76EpnouTc8-Jsh&index=2

Usually he is quite good in explaining and the best is he has also a written guide, which the video is based on, if some parts are just too fast or hard to grasp.

Thanks Grel.
I wasn't aware of the written guide.
"
thMadHatter83 wrote:
...What's really intrigued me now though is the perm Onslaught option...

Permanent Fortify w/ Perseverance Belt = Permanent Onslaught and the 20% increased attack/cast/move speed is very nice. Totems go into "blender mode." :)
I didn't even think about my Chief either; I need to throw an Onslaught gem in my gloves with him instead of Poison - lol don't bash me for Poison I'm trying different combos with the Chiefer.
Last edited by thMadHatter83 on Apr 9, 2018, 3:52:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info