Can we please get a reliable way to get Threshold Jewels?

SSF should be redesign. People play SSF just don't like trading, not willing to be punished or to be ground.

Many currency in SSF become less valuable. ex. Mirror of Kalandra is useless in SSF. So it should dropped more frequently in SSF.

There should be a system which is similar to Diablo's "gamble with vendors" in SSF. You can pay some currency to refresh vendors inventory, and there is small chance that some uniques will be sold by vendors.
Last edited by smtad on Mar 27, 2018, 12:11:41 AM
"
CPTBRUMBL3Z wrote:
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
GGG originally planned for them to be sold at a vendor, but Leddit complained.

Whoever that is, I don't care. We need freely (or at least reasonably obtainable) threshold jewels. I'd even suggest the same for the golem jewels because how else can you hope to make a golemancer without stupid good luck if you don't trade?

Game isn't balanced around not trading. It will never be. If you play SSF then you're at the extreme mercy of RNG, but that's a "you" issue, not a game issue. You have a choice in the matter, and since you end up complaining about the choice you picked, I guess you chose poorly.
"
"
CPTBRUMBL3Z wrote:
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
GGG originally planned for them to be sold at a vendor, but Leddit complained.

Whoever that is, I don't care. We need freely (or at least reasonably obtainable) threshold jewels. I'd even suggest the same for the golem jewels because how else can you hope to make a golemancer without stupid good luck if you don't trade?

Game isn't balanced around not trading. It will never be. If you play SSF then you're at the extreme mercy of RNG, but that's a "you" issue, not a game issue. You have a choice in the matter, and since you end up complaining about the choice you picked, I guess you chose poorly.

Be helpful or don't reply at all.

I've never liked the trading in this game because it requires extensive use of non-game/out-of-game systems of which only until recently was near 100% 3rd party. The trade chats are impossible to navigate. There's next to zero standard pricing especially based off what said 3rd party says (the amount of times I've been bitched out for asking for a few chaos or an ex and being insulted for not taking their alch for a good unique...). I'd much rather they make SSF ACTUALLY SSF and not this "Oh, if you wanna leave, you can" because I already do not trade, never have, and do not have the patience now to learn. I'm entirely SSF on my first character from open beta and have been for all others. I'd rather an opt IN option for SSF. This game suffers horribly from just having dozens of methods of gear acquisition that are all horrible RNG. There's so little sense of progression once you reach maps and I'd rather they just hurry up and cater to the damn niche. Some special vendor recipes and increased drop rates for SSF only leagues would be perfect because then I can at least KNOW I am working towards currencies or something, something more guaranteed so I'm not at complete RNG mercy.

But I digress. This is about threshold jewels and the mind bogglingly arbitrary choices of available jewels from the act 5 reward severely hurting my builds because I'm not playing with one of their chosen messiahs. They all need to be made available and reasonable to acquire. Maybe you can get more (as in, the rest) as reward in a couple other quests. Whatever it is, we need it.
"
CPTBRUMBL3Z wrote:
This is about threshold jewels and the mind bogglingly arbitrary choices of available jewels from the act 5 reward severely hurting my builds because I'm not playing with one of their chosen messiahs. They all need to be made available and reasonable to acquire. Maybe you can get more (as in, the rest) as reward in a couple other quests. Whatever it is, we need it.

Agreed. Some recipe that is not too easy but possible for all threshold jewels should be implemented imho. E.g. gem with q20+1c = that skill's jewel, smtg like that... Or at least put every available threshold jewel as act5 quest reward.
I always cringe when I have to choose between their arbitrary selection of jewels :-(
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info