Can we please get a reliable way to get Threshold Jewels?

Title.

Just let us buy them from someone, or introduce a vendor recipe, something, anything. It would be quite easy to implement it in a way to prevent abuse potential of corrupting unique jewels, too, just make them mirrored or something. I really don't like that I can come up with a potentially fun build but then can't get the damn thresholds I need (especially as an SSF, the challenge shouldn't be in monotony of hitting Act 5 a few times on the right characters for the quest reward).
Last bumped on Mar 30, 2018, 3:20:01 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
the game should not be balanced around ssf.
you choose to not trade, you should suffer getting some drops else what is the point of ssf if you have access to everything.

it is not even hard to get to act 5.
You can do it on any character and still get the same jewels.

Also, most threshold jewels have a limit of 2. So basically you only need to run one extra character to get the full amount of threshold jewels you need.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
if you want 2 threshold jewels you simply have to run a 2nd champ to act 5,which can be done very fast. (as ppl have stated before my post)

personally i see threshold jewels (atleast the once like the frostbolt one) as mandatory for their skills to bring them in lane with some of the "stronger" skills.
imo they are missing a few threshold jewels as a reward like rolling flames,ring of blades or the long winter.

sure alot of stuff in poe is based around trading,but they went this path and added these jewels as a reward than they should atleast do it consistently.

ps: i wouldnt mind removing them and the "i sell all skill gems" vendors,but its kinda too late for that. ppl would just go nuts about it since they are used to it by now.

edit* i play SSF and i know i would harldy find all the skill gems or threshold jewels myself,but i wouldnt mind that.
Last edited by ciel289 on Mar 23, 2018, 6:31:49 PM
"
nadakuu wrote:
the game should not be balanced around ssf.
you choose to not trade, you should suffer getting some drops else what is the point of ssf if you have access to everything.

it is not even hard to get to act 5.

There's SSF, and then there's "You have to deal with our arbitrary choice of free jewel" SSF. This is mostly asking for QoL, dude. Not like I am asking for an easy chase item. There is a certain point you can reach with RNG where it's just too friggen much.

I'd love for them to properly support SSF because right now it's effectively pointless, I'm just re-grinding masters going SSF because I already don't trade. I'd love a proper SSF or even personal party and guild leagues, then they can introduce mechanics unique to the SSF and party/guild self-found leagues so you're not grinding 500 hours for a single upgrade.
Last edited by CPTBRUMBL3Z on Mar 23, 2018, 6:36:45 PM
I agree gem and 10c to vendor should give jewel. This really suck you have play stupid trade aka scam league to get these jewels.

Of course the scam leaguers are will be against it because they don't want to be minority.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 23, 2018, 6:42:54 PM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
You can do it on any character and still get the same jewels.

Also, most threshold jewels have a limit of 2. So basically you only need to run one extra character to get the full amount of threshold jewels you need.

Holy FUCKING SHIT you're right, I thought it was suspicious I was getting spell jewels on a duelist. I just wasn't noticing before. Welp, so much for that idea, least now I know I don't need to bother rolling a 2nd character.

Seriously, their system right now is so horribly arbitrary. They have already good skills getting jewels yet many that REQUIRE the jewel to be any worth using are NOT available rewards.

For the love of loot let us buy thresholds.
tldr fuck ssf. keep grinding if you refuse to play the game it's meant to be played (trade) and don't try to change the game to fit your silly ssf standards.
GGG originally planned for them to be sold at a vendor, but Leddit complained.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
GGG originally planned for them to be sold at a vendor, but Leddit complained.

Whoever that is, I don't care. We need freely (or at least reasonably obtainable) threshold jewels. I'd even suggest the same for the golem jewels because how else can you hope to make a golemancer without stupid good luck if you don't trade?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info