[3.2] Lifting's Lead Sprinkler Berserker - Boss Killer & Fast Mapper!

"
Xanthochroid wrote:
"
xXAscarionXx wrote:
"
Anytime the player is dual wielding weapons, they receive the following bonuses:
10% more Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
15% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding
20% more Attack Physical Damage while Dual Wielding

If going non Lyco, the highest DPS you can get would be dual wielding Brutus' due to weapon alternation and the aforementioned buff for dual wielding. Any other offhand or shield would be a DPS downgrade.

He never once suggested that the flat added fire added from both, just that it can be more than sufficient damage if going Jugg.

Ok, that might be true, but watch lifting's vid explaining the advantages and disadvantages of the different Ascandencies. Jug sound good in first place, but breaking it down there are just too large of disadvantages compared to Berz or Chief. Not saying its wrong to go Jugg, but watch the video and listen to Lifting explainig the details. I think he has enough experience to believe that his conclusions are accurate and shouold be respected when following his build, dontcha think?

I watched the whole video, and agree with most aspects, but I don't believe he gives Jugg a fair shake. He uses the Unyielding node as a negative (because of the increased AOE) even though that a Jugg of this type would almost never pick that node, and would almost exclusively go for Undeniable, Unbreakable, Unflinching, and Unyielding. His other point for Jugg was that if not using another weapon you would get a net dps loss due to alternating to a weaker weapon, but that simply isn't true if using another Brutus' Sprinkler, in fact using another Brutus' sprinkler is a huge DPS gain over not using an offhand at all, once again due to aforementioned dual wielding buffs. He's basing his argument on players picking a single bad node that they don't have to pick at all (it's not even that good in the first place and I would never use regardless), and using a statstick (that would reduce DPS) rather than another Brutus.

Jugg can easily hit 4M Shaper DPS while be unbelievably tanky and viable for relaxed Uberlab farming without changing any gear or tree at all. I love Lifting, and I think he's 100% right on Champion and Deadeye not being the best, but I think he misrepresented Juggernaut a bit, and maybe underestimated how much damage it can really do.

For start, sorry for my bad English ;(

For me it's clear Berserker it's the DPS vesion and this build it's dedicated to be like that so the main vesion it'a a Berserker. For those that don't really like be a bit "glass cannon" and want be a bit more tanky (and lost some DPS ofc!) Lifting propose a Chieftain (and it's work!) but i think like you tha Jugg can be great alternative. Poe it's game that we can experiment alot and change everythink in build to make test (it's only some currency lost). I'm lvling this build now as Berserker if it will be a bit not my playstyle i will try Jugg myself. I think we don't need to change alot in skill tree (maybe add some Endurance charge ofc), gems Vitality for Herald of Ash and make some experiment on dual wild (i think Nebuloch can be great for this build as dual wield?)

GL&HF and thx for Lifting again you are my favorite Build maker in PoE and im follow you very long time :)

"
FRAKTUREZ wrote:
Has someone tested the Chieftain Version and can tell how it performs when it comes to endgame content?

I'm currently playing the chieftain version and have taken down Hydra and minotaur without +3 proj helmet, dying sun and with suboptimal gear.

We, The Unwilling, Led by the Unqualified to kill the Unfortunate, die for the Ungrateful
"
Xanthochroid wrote:
"
xXAscarionXx wrote:
"
Anytime the player is dual wielding weapons, they receive the following bonuses:
10% more Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
15% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding
20% more Attack Physical Damage while Dual Wielding

If going non Lyco, the highest DPS you can get would be dual wielding Brutus' due to weapon alternation and the aforementioned buff for dual wielding. Any other offhand or shield would be a DPS downgrade.

He never once suggested that the flat added fire added from both, just that it can be more than sufficient damage if going Jugg.

Ok, that might be true, but watch lifting's vid explaining the advantages and disadvantages of the different Ascandencies. Jug sound good in first place, but breaking it down there are just too large of disadvantages compared to Berz or Chief. Not saying its wrong to go Jugg, but watch the video and listen to Lifting explainig the details. I think he has enough experience to believe that his conclusions are accurate and shouold be respected when following his build, dontcha think?

I watched the whole video, and agree with most aspects, but I don't believe he gives Jugg a fair shake. He uses the Unyielding node as a negative (because of the increased AOE) even though that a Jugg of this type would almost never pick that node, and would almost exclusively go for Undeniable, Unbreakable, Unflinching, and Unyielding. His other point for Jugg was that if not using another weapon you would get a net dps loss due to alternating to a weaker weapon, but that simply isn't true if using another Brutus' Sprinkler, in fact using another Brutus' sprinkler is a huge DPS gain over not using an offhand at all, once again due to aforementioned dual wielding buffs. He's basing his argument on players picking a single bad node that they don't have to pick at all (it's not even that good in the first place and I would never use regardless), and using a statstick (that would reduce DPS) rather than another Brutus.

Jugg can easily hit 4M Shaper DPS while be unbelievably tanky and viable for relaxed Uberlab farming without changing any gear or tree at all. I love Lifting, and I think he's 100% right on Champion and Deadeye not being the best, but I think he misrepresented Juggernaut a bit, and maybe underestimated how much damage it can really do.

Yeah dude I swapped in other weapons as stat sticks and they lower my tool tip.
And lifting says the node that gives u aoe for jug sucks but I picked the one below it .
However I did not know that the flat fire does not stack. That’s bullshit. Howa stacks why doesn’t this stack ?
Ggg should change that

Well I didn’t know that but I’m still killin it so it’s all good in the hood.
Question
How do you have a lvl 12 elemental weakness in ur build when the Int isn't high enough to support it.
Then when you have Xoph blood due to every dmg is turned into fire, should I change ele weakness to flammability?
"
INEEDHEALINGs wrote:
Question
How do you have a lvl 12 elemental weakness in ur build when the Int isn't high enough to support it.
Then when you have Xoph blood due to every dmg is turned into fire, should I change ele weakness to flammability?

He get's the int from a jewel
We, The Unwilling, Led by the Unqualified to kill the Unfortunate, die for the Ungrateful
"
"
FRAKTUREZ wrote:
Has someone tested the Chieftain Version and can tell how it performs when it comes to endgame content?

I'm currently playing the chieftain version and have taken down Hydra and minotaur without +3 proj helmet, dying sun and with suboptimal gear.

How well did it perform against those two? Any problems or easy facetank?
It seems like there is a lot of debating whether or not the jugg can be a viable alternative. Let me try and explain why I don't think it is the optimal choice based on the goal of this character. I chose the berserker because I was interested in getting the fastest ascendancy with the highest damage output.

The reason I didn't pick the jugg is because I find it inefficient. Sure it is tankier (much so in fact) than the berserker, but it also provides significantly less damage, not to mention the increased area of effect via Unyielding is detrimental to the overall single target damage. However even if you were to spend those 2 points differently I still don't consider it very efficient.

If we compare the two same setups with the same gear except that the Jugg is dual wielding the lead sprinkler then the jugg ends up around 415k dps per magma ball and a 93% hit chance at level 93. Compared to the berserker who ends up around 676k DPS this is a 261k DPS LOSS and with about 1 APS less.

Now to be fair you would probably try and get a bit more flat accuracy on the Jugg to scale more attack speed. The problem is that with this type of build you already trying to get life, strength, res, ele. damage, attack speed etc. meaning that if we were to realistically get some good accuracy rolls it would come at the cost of some already useful damage rolls.
And to be honest, even if you were to get a bit more accuracy, then it still wouldn't come close to the damage of the berserker.

Also, dual wielding the Lead Sprinkler for what effectively only grants you 15% inc. attack speed (dual wielding bonus) is in no way worth it to in my opinion. Your best choice is to stick to the Lyco shield (which once again detracts from the value of the Jugg) or get a great rare shield - but lets be honest, how much do you really benefit then? Dual wielding Lead Sprinklers is also going to prevent you from using Shield charge. Whirling Blades doesn't work either as you are using maces, not swords, daggers or claws. This would result in huge clear speed loss, not to mention the ability to apply fortify reliably.

It is true that the Jugg is tankier and it will still provide enough DPS for effectively killing Shaper etc, not to mention it would be a great uber lab farmer and if that is what you prefer then go for it, but in that case I find the chieftain to be just as good of an alternative, if not better.

I hope that helps answer the question as to why I don't believe the jugg is optimal for this setup.

I'll add this answer to the guide section as it seems to be a question that is asked a lot =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Mar 27, 2018, 12:10:32 PM
"
"
INEEDHEALINGs wrote:
Question

He get's the int from a jewel

AH okay thanks, but wouldn't using flammability better when Xoph's blood give u avator of fire, isn't all the dmg transformed into fire?
lvl12 ele weakness= -31% all res vs lvl12 flammability = -36% fire res
Also Flammability needs less Int, fits into the build without the need of a gem with INT
Oh yea you can use flammability and it is true it has less int requirement. I have changed that. It is an old habbit of mine of using Ele weakness as it provides about the same damage with quality on it =)
"
LeoFantucci wrote:
I'm playing the chieftain version, just reached level 70 and i'm really liking the build, but i have a doubt.

The gem Elemental Focus on the Molten strike setup denies the burning for the gem and because of this, i'm not gaining endurance charge, there's a solution for this? maybe swap the gem for another one? Or just gain the endurance via enduring cry?

Another doubt is about abyss jewels, what stats are good for us and its better the normal jewels or abyss ones?

My last doubt for now, on elder gloves i need faster attacks and faster projectiles to my wild strike or only faster attacks?

You have a few choices to solve the endurance charge issue.

1) Use another gem as you suggest yourself. Chance to Ignite or Immolate are great choices imo. This would allow you to generate endurance charges very reliably.

2) Rely on Herald of Ash and Wild Strike for occasional burns. This is fine for mapping but not good for bossing.

3) Use enduring cry, but not everyone likes that =)

As for the Elder gloves, faster attacks is really what matters most but if you can get it with both then that would be the best =)
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Mar 27, 2018, 12:40:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info