I don't want yellow beasts to be more challenging or more "rewarding", I want more Red beasts!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2116063

I am fine with yellow beasts having little to no hp and possessing little to no danger. I am also fine that they can have like very few useufl mods - I can just kill them and move on most of the time.

What I am really not fine is Red beasts encounter frequency. I don't want to trade for beasts, I want to capture them! Beast spawn balanced around trade really ruiend it for me :(

What do you think about further improvements to Bestiary aimed at yellow beasts only?
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Mar 21, 2018, 3:08:54 AM
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2018, 1:10:30 PM
BUT MA! I WANNA!
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2116063

I am fine with yellow beasts having little to no hp and possessing little to no danger. I am also fine that they can have like very few useufl mods - I can just kill them and move on most of the time.

What I am really not fine is Red beasts encounter frequency. I don't want to trade for beasts, I want to capture them! Beast spawn balanced around trade really ruiend it for me :(

What do you think about further improvements to Bestiary aimed at yellow beasts only?

I wish we had an ignore filter for forum-users, too.
Guess who would be my first ignored user.
I want a pony!
It's good to want. This game thrives on want. If there wasn't any want, we wouldn't be playing.
I don't want either, I see plenty of red beasts I want the recipes to be worth using.

The entire beast-crafting system is a noob trap they could have 100 reds a map and i'd still be handling shit in there like it was the waste treatment facility
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
I don't want either, I see plenty of red beasts I want the recipes to be worth using.

The entire beast-crafting system is a noob trap they could have 100 reds a map and i'd still be handling shit in there like it was the waste treatment facility

See. This is a symptom of a game that has not enough want to it. Make 6L more common and people complain about lack of stuff to do, or find something new to complain about (lack of alchs or something).

No want means everything is crap.

The biggest mistake GGG made with PoE is not giving items a lifespan.
You'd have to downscale want to a very low number compared to PoE for beastcrafting to be an improvement, its expensive chaos spam at best.

In my own case i'm only trying to roll a sword with more dps than a hiltless its not like the games spoiled me and so i have no wants apart from a mirror worthy sword :/

So less like common 6l and more like what happens when you make wants so unattainable that anything you do feels worthless. They have to balance the two so we have something to strive for but we can actually strive and beastcrafting doesn't help that in any way currently.
I would not mind more beasts overall as more beasts naturally will allow for more reds.
Don't you all have 40 useless red bears and spiders already? You want more?
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info