I don't want yellow beasts to be more challenging or more "rewarding", I want more Red beasts!

"
IamLoco wrote:

I wish we had an ignore filter for forum-users, too.
Guess who would be my first ignored user.

But there is.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168

You're welcome.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
All I know is that I've gotten so.......I don't know, tired? jaded? frustrated?.........that when I see the red icon I just have a big sigh and think about skipping it. Not because I feel threatened, but because it just seems like empty, wasted effort.

I don't know how insipid that feeling is in the community, but not a good sign for me obviously.
Another day, another crazy thread.
Censored.
"
nononononono wrote:
Don't you all have 40 useless red bears and spiders already? You want more?

Red bears? :p I would prefer coalas tbh.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Mar 21, 2018, 3:11:22 PM
I met a red devourer in a T5 map last night that was just so straight up annoying I moved on. Constant respawn of a pile of blue buddies did not make for a fun time. Maybe if I had overpowered dps, but even my twinked alt was struggling. Just.....no.

So there it is. I started skipping reds during the leveling process now (lvl 73 atm) because it is not worth the time. Even when I was making shit builds in old leagues I still opened those perandus boxes and breaches knowing I would probably die.

I am disappoint.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Mar 22, 2018, 10:34:58 AM
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
I met a red devourer in a T5 map last night that was just so straight up annoying I moved on. Constant respawn of a pile of blue buddies did not make for a fun time. Maybe if I had overpowered dps, but even my twinked alt was struggling. Just.....no.

So there it is. I started skipping reds during the leveling process now (lvl 73 atm) because it is not worth the time. Even when I was making shit builds in old leagues I still opened those perandus boxes and breaches knowing I would probably die.

I am disappoint.

You gotta get stronger character to deal with such threats I think (it's good practice to have mapping char and boss killer, so you don't struggle with content game throws at you. I had for example EK Poacher dude in Abyss for mapping and Sunder Slayer to have better time with Liches and some bosses)? Red beasts are not too challenging most of the time ot make you unable to defeat them. I have pretty modest DPS on my Sunder dude and don't really struggle too much against any of them, nor I use Frost Bomb to reduce their regeneration rate.

Adds are super annoying indeed. I hated them before I got a bit stronger, but they are still annoying.
You missed the point. My character is above average power. I am running maps well over-level to my character. The point is that, even with a better-than-average character, the red beasts are stupid annoying. You get an average, every-day player with their first leveling toon in late white maps and those reds will be a road block not just a "le sigh" and ignore.

And I am not saying they are over-tuned either. I guess I would say they are fine within the scope of their purpose in Bestiary. A challenge to be beaten if you are trying to play in the spirit of the League. But in my opinion they are not fun content. They rarely lead to rewarding content/crafting. So what's the point?

Gosh, I am really getting myself down this league.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2116063

I am fine with yellow beasts having little to no hp and possessing little to no danger. I am also fine that they can have like very few useufl mods - I can just kill them and move on most of the time.

What I am really not fine is Red beasts encounter frequency. I don't want to trade for beasts, I want to capture them! Beast spawn balanced around trade really ruiend it for me :(

What do you think about further improvements to Bestiary aimed at yellow beasts only?

I want both lol

More of anything/everything to experience more of the league rather than it feeling like standard majority of the time.
Last edited by Ratedetar on Mar 22, 2018, 11:45:11 AM
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
You missed the point. My character is above average power. I am running maps well over-level to my character. The point is that, even with a better-than-average character, the red beasts are stupid annoying. You get an average, every-day player with their first leveling toon in late white maps and those reds will be a road block not just a "le sigh" and ignore.

And I am not saying they are over-tuned either. I guess I would say they are fine within the scope of their purpose in Bestiary. A challenge to be beaten if you are trying to play in the spirit of the League. But in my opinion they are not fun content. They rarely lead to rewarding content/crafting. So what's the point?

Gosh, I am really getting myself down this league.

I disagree though. I don't think Red beasts are too challenging currently. Maybe some combinations with certain map mods, but overall they are fun encounters imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info