[3.10] Death's Oath CI Occultist (RETIRED)

"
MrSkrytek wrote:
Ok, so while crafting that wand, I couldn't craft any other chaos mod, so I ended up crafting that, since for some unknown reason, that wand was giving me way more damage than a previous one that I had, all just because, I assumed, the chaos pen. I just compared damage, and choose it. Didn't understand it, but oh well. The shield is my best gear (or so I thought xD ) and I just put Res on to get about 75%. I didn't craft that belt, I just got it from someone. Also didn't craft over it because the alternatives aren't better. Like I said in previous post, I'm trying to (slowly) craft a Crystal Belt (ilvl 79) base.

Should I prefer the +str %quality over %Resistance on shield? I mean, I just try to get Resitances at 75%. I still die to strongboxes Ice Novas or Phoenix explosions (if not careful), so I should "ignore" it for a while, until I get something better?

Thanks for reply.

The thing about "penetration" mechanic, it doesn't apply to damage over time, at all.
Also, "attacks with that weapon penetrates...", we don't use attacks, we use spells. So basically, it is absolutely dead mod for us, there is no difference between "this mod" and "no mod at all"
"
Should I prefer the +str %quality over %Resistance on shield? I mean, I just try to get Resitances at 75%. I still die to strongboxes Ice Novas or Phoenix explosions (if not careful), so I should "ignore" it for a while, until I get something better?

Capping resistances is the first priority, if you can cap resistances without using up the shield suffix then craft quality, otherwise craft res.

Also no, pen doesn't increased our dps.
I make build guides for fun.

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/cent664
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/cent664
Awesome and Easy Clearspeed. Im run very safe. I havnt Problem's with Map Mods.
These Map Mods are annoying but no obstacle:
-No Mana / Energy shield regeneration.
-Temporal Chains

That's my gear for my Death Oath's Build (4 Curses),

My Flask

Possible modification:
1. Schield:
Spoiler
Phase Run - Increased Duration Support - Vaal Righteous Fire for more Damage
[Grants (15-28)% more Spell Damage]

2. Helmet:
Spoiler
Enhance - Enfeeble - Temporal Chains - Vulnerability
and run with Witchfire Brew but change the Amulet to the Solstice Vigil
So you have "5 Curses".

(◉ ل͜◉)
ʕ◔ ε ◔ʔ
ヽ(^ω^)ノ
(づ• •)づ
Last edited by King_Thadeusz on May 3, 2019, 10:33:04 AM
"
King_Thadeusz wrote:
Awesome and Easy Clearspeed. Im run very safe. I havnt Problem's with Map Mods.
These Map Mods are annoying but no obstacle:
-No Mana / Energy shield regeneration.
-Temporal Chains

That's my gear for my Death Oath's Build (4 Curses),

possible modification:
Helmet:
Enhance - Enfeeble - Temporal Chains - Vulnerability and run with Witchfire Brew
So you have "5 Curses".

Nice, how does it work with spider?
Thanks for the guide!

I'm quite a beginner at the game and I'm having trouble with a stupid thing...
I'm playing SSF and I can't figure out what's the best way to get a death oath:
Divination card drop rate is freaking low, so I wanted to try chancing. Problem is that I can't find where to loot the "basic" armor (astral plate), even if the item level is 62 it doesn't drop at maps lvl 62...

Am I missing sth obvious? Is there a better way to get the oath?

Thank you for your time, I hope I can try this build soon!
"
Divination card drop rate is freaking low, so I wanted to try chancing. Problem is that I can't find where to loot the "basic" armor (astral plate), even if the item level is 62 it doesn't drop at maps lvl 62...

I'm not really aware of any other ways to get the chest tbh. I hope you're farming the cards in maps and not story areas. If you've overlevelled, the drop rate is lower afaik.

Not sure what you mean by maps lvl 62. Maps start from 68. The chest should be dropping from 62+ zones. Although farming cards might be a better idea.
I make build guides for fun.

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/cent664
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/cent664
"
"

I'm not really aware of any other ways to get the chest tbh. I hope you're farming the cards in maps and not story areas. If you've overlevelled, the drop rate is lower afaik.

Not sure what you mean by maps lvl 62. Maps start from 68. The chest should be dropping from 62+ zones. Although farming cards might be a better idea.

I tried to farm cards in story areas since the first map to drop it is T8 (and I thought I could have Death's Oth before this point).

Well, I did like 10 story maps lvl 62 to drop the Astral Plate and the only Plates dropping had an "item level" below 62 (I'm talking about the min item level displayed in the wiki, not the actual ilvl of the item that dropped). So I started to do some "maps" (T1~T3) and still no Plate (It dropped Plates with a "starting" ilvl of 58). In fact, I'm pretty sure there is sth else I haven't considered but I can't find what...

I guess the best way to go is to push until I can "farm" the Phantasmagorian map to both loot astral plates and cards.

Thank you for your answer btw.
"
ED Links -> ED > Efficacy > Swift Affliction > Controlled Destruction (Void manip. and Empower are your 5th and 6th links should you choose to get them)

Cont Links -> Cont > Inc Aoe > Arcane Surge > Faster Casting.

Can someone help me understand why Faster Casting on Contagion?
I thought you just cast contagion then spam Essence Drain. What am I getting wrong here?
"
menides wrote:
"
ED Links -> ED > Efficacy > Swift Affliction > Controlled Destruction (Void manip. and Empower are your 5th and 6th links should you choose to get them)

Cont Links -> Cont > Inc Aoe > Arcane Surge > Faster Casting.

Can someone help me understand why Faster Casting on Contagion?
I thought you just cast contagion then spam Essence Drain. What am I getting wrong here?

You are not really wrong. The answer here is "why not?".
If we use contagion together with ED, we don't need damage from contagion itself, so we use as much support for QoL as possible, such as inc AoE (for better spread), arcane surge (for activation arcane surge without wasting space on links that actually matter), and faster casting (to cast contagion slightly faster. Faster casting - less stuttering).

Unless contagion made into instant skill in the future, it's not that bad to make it cast faster.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Apr 18, 2019, 5:48:26 AM
Thanks Med1umentor.
Been reading up a bit more, swapped COntagion for Bane and jesus rollerblading christ, mobs die much faster now (lvl 27). GOnna try leveling with this till DO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info