Need new difficulty storyline

I don't understand why people are shitting on this idea. I can only guess that those individuals automatically assume that an optional high-level storyline is analogous to the three-difficulty game PoE used to be, i.e. that it would be required.

That is an incorrect assumption. It also shows sloppy thinking.

This is an excellent suggestion, not least because it would take VERY little development resources to implement it. It would also be a completely optional alternative to maps. Not everyone enjoys mapping.

I wouldn't make use of such a feature myself (I enjoy mapping), but that's the beauty of truly optional content: I wouldn't have to.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Many people complain about low drop rate of maps, so it would be nice alternative solution for this problem.

You still will not be able to apply orbs and zana modes to your locations, but also no need in maps to open.

Also Im not sure, but possible high tier maps drop in the uber-storyline would make sense. If you run out of desired maps, you can just go to the uber-storyline and wait for maps there (with lower droprates without maps modes) . Or trade them if you dont like maps at all.
In next difficulty, give players second chance "right" choise whith bandit lords :)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigssdl/screenshots/?appid=238960&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall
I personally wouldn't play the story all over again on a higher difficulty if it was optional (as in, no extra skill points or any 'mandatory' rewards). I was never a fan of repeating the story multiple times pre-Oriath. With that said, I don't see the harm, either. Doesn't ruin my fun or take anything away from me if they added the option to play the story again at a higher level. Doesn't sound super tricky to implement, either. If it makes some people happy and doesn't hurt anybody, why the hell not?
"
Nikuksis wrote:
Many people complain about low drop rate of maps, so it would be nice alternative solution for this problem.

No, it's not a solution to what people are complaining about. No one is lacking low level maps in general. What people are complaining about is the lack of specific maps to complete the atlas and about the lack of high level maps.
Last edited by Sickness on Mar 23, 2018, 7:31:25 AM
This will never be implemented because noone would run maps if there was free high level content. And GGG doesn't want us to have free high lvl content.
Will act10 will the final act for all future??

Of course not! With the act1-10 concept and the big empty Oriath town, GGG have set the base to add new acts.
In other words, acts11 and onwards

Take 3.3, we know that it's an expansion league, right?

And expansions can be aimed for a couple off different targets.
One can be adding to the highend-highend... in short uber-uber-elder story (kinda small market for that. so not likely)
Another can be extending the story arc with more acts.
And then we have the wildcard expansion with everything from new classes to alternative towns in the story arc...

I mean: player not must complete new difficulty. It's just for playing story arc without creating new character.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigssdl/screenshots/?appid=238960&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall
I'd be in favor of a post-game "flat" all-story-zones-are-now-xlevel mode. (this is mainly to make balancing everything much easier than trying to create a new level curve through all the acts, and any new acts could be added to this flat tier much easier - as this balancing of acts was a major issue associated with the slow release of acts. It also prevents the return of the multi-story playthrough thing they intentionally got rid of with the introduction of 10 acts)

I would say no "re-play" of the story would be required for this "mode"... just all zones are now accessible at the new end-game level. This means: no more quest rewards needed, no more forced playthrough of quests, just a wide variety of zones to go revisit and farm.

Maps have the benefit of dropping maps higher than tier1, increased item quantity, increased item quality, increased item levels with their associated tiers of affix/prefix rolls, and unique drop tables.

This endgame revisit of storymode zones would primarily be for experience, and targeted divination card farming, as far as I could see. Maps would still be superior.

I'd be more in favor of this, though:
Spoiler
In this post about endgame,I provided suggestions at the bottom, including: Turning the atlas map into a new "act" map without waypoints (using map drops as their temporary equivalent - and allowing you to modify the Atlas each time you enter it) where you progress from zone to zone by defeating the boss of each zone or using map drops to open portals to skip the boss or return later.
Last edited by Zaludoz on Mar 24, 2018, 5:38:59 AM
I'm personally mostly like the storyline boss fights. It is epic and fun, but now most of them is too easy.

I would like to fight uber-malachai for example.
Core map boss is not the same, theres no atmosphere or some sense, just a mob that looks like malachai.

I like some talks around my progress and comments from my characters about all that stuff.

And i think it's ok if maps will still be more profitable, with the ability to add modes to your maps increasing loot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info