Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.2] Explosive Scorching Ray Elementalist (and Friends) - cheap - Shaper viable

"
KisBali wrote:
First of all: this build is superfun, I cannot stop play it, gj man.

On the other hand I just started mapping with it, I'm just ~lvl 72, and I'm testing some changes. For example:

Before anyone think that ailment dam mod work on SR, sadly don't, but the other mod 8% boost for nondam ailments, it's great. I'm using 5 elder item currently, that means 40% improvment for chill + shock - if you count them, it's better, right? :)

Problem is, you cannot do it as budget version, I mean if you don't have the currency to buy proper elder items, just buy as much life as possible + cap your resist on 120-130% otherwise you loose lots of defense from those spots.

I'm using this cheep thingy to for stun immunity, there is a spot for that so, it's absolutely fine. Also curse + frezee immunity. All of them works great (cuz the build doesn't use ice golem).

I'm probably going to roll some nice elder items for myself, cuz I'm kinda a crafter person, but I'm also going to use huge life/def stat items on higher maps before I can get prober elder items. On lvl72, and T8-10 maps, these kinda items do the job, but ofc it's not enough:

Except my belt, it's already great, I made it few weeks before, and I'm keep using it on almost every build of mine.

All in all, great job, I'm gonna share my further experience.

Lvl72 gear

The gloves seem good if you can make full use of them, but really only then. The dex is also really nice.

I'm only going to factor in the shock here, but to put this into perspective:
40% effectiveness on a 20% shock means enemies take 8% increased damage.
However, since we're already using Dyadus (100% damage taken), the resulting damage is only "4% more".
A shield with fire damage (which you're currently not using) would give you 10%+ more damage, which is already better.

If all your items are Elder, the gloves will give you 8% more damage, dex, a good amount of life and chill effectiveness, which is actually pretty good.
However, the investment to actually achieve this (full elder) is rather huge.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Apr 5, 2018, 11:59:08 AM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
KisBali wrote:
tl;dr
The gloves seem good if you can make full use of them, but really only then. The dex is also really nice.

I'm only going to factor in the shock here, but to put this into perspective:
40% effectiveness on a 20% shock means enemies take 8% increased damage.
However, since we're already using Dyadus (100% damage taken), the resulting damage is only "4% more".
A shield with fire damage (which you're currently not using) would give you 10%+ more damage, which is already better.

If all your items are Elder, the gloves will give you 8% more damage, dex, a good amount of life and chill effectiveness, which is actually pretty good.
However, the investment to actually achieve this (full elder) is rather huge.

True, that's why I said, I'm going to change them for the time I can get/make better.
I'm having fun with crafting, no such a thing like getting HH, or some expensive item in this league, so I can do it.

I'm on the way to get better (nonelder) shield, ring, boots, mb gonna use stygan vise, so I can have 1 more socket for dmg/defense, but as I said, I'm fine right now with those shitty items too, no pressure.

I badly need dex, and some str too, so must change elder ones.
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
Desarix wrote:
For a new player without the chaos orbs to buy this chest piece is there any rares you might suggest for this build .
The chest costs 1c in Bestiary League, were you looking at the standard price perhaps?

The build is kind of based around Inpulsa's, so it's a huge drawback not to use it.
If you're going to use a rare, however, you simply want life, mana and resists.

Sadly am on standard and it is 10c cannot afford . I'll try it when I can get the chest piece then thanks.
Last edited by Desarix on Apr 5, 2018, 12:58:00 PM
This is the most fun ive ever had in a build, thank f***ing god for this! absolutely love it. <3
This build looks really fun :D i think i'm gonna try it. Perhaps you could post a video of it oing Chimera and Minutaur, I have never had a build that could kill them :/

also can you explain why you are taking the area dmg/effect nodes on the tree? i can't figure out what they are for? SR don't benefit from them?

"
Trevelina wrote:
This build looks really fun :D i think i'm gonna try it. Perhaps you could post a video of it oing Chimera and Minutaur, I have never had a build that could kill them :/

also can you explain why you are taking the area dmg/effect nodes on the tree? i can't figure out what they are for? SR don't benefit from them?

SR doesn't benefit, but everything else does: Ball Lightning, Explosions, Herald of Ash and Proliferation.

It's not required, but worth it in my opinion.

I'll try to do videos on those some time soon.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Apr 9, 2018, 5:44:20 PM
Looking for elementalist ideas for upcoming flashback race, this build piques my interest.

I wonder if there is a more elegant way of spreading chill/shock to mobs while also triggering both eo and ee reliably, all in 1 cast or even automated. Having to use a pseudo 5l which doesnt proc eo well is kinda irksome
"
forthelulz123 wrote:
Looking for elementalist ideas for upcoming flashback race, this build piques my interest.

I wonder if there is a more elegant way of spreading chill/shock to mobs while also triggering both eo and ee reliably, all in 1 cast or even automated. Having to use a pseudo 5l which doesnt proc eo well is kinda irksome
There's exactly one other spell that does this well and it's Orb of Storms, which I actually use for harder bossfights.
The problem with that is that it doesn't have the greatest AoE.

As for automation, I don't think there's any way to create "true" chain reactions with Inpulsa's any other way. The only thing I can think of is making the explosions able to freeze (i.e. with Three Dragons), and then using Herald of Ice to shock.
The problem with this is that it requires you to get a ton of flat crit (or freeze/shock chance) aswell as give up Mind over Matter, which just isn't worth it.

What you can do, however, is use Herald of Thunder or Shield Charge to kill things so you don't have to cast Scorching Ray.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Apr 10, 2018, 6:38:25 AM
This build has to be Build of the Week btw.

I went up to t15 with this, actually huge SR dmg it can provide.

Lvl90 gear

I'm thinking of changing Wl mark to temp chain cuz i can get EC from my belt.
Last edited by KisBali on Apr 15, 2018, 1:26:41 AM
This is one of my favourite builds ever, fun to play and does great damage, even in top tier maps and vs guardians/Shaper. Really cheap too, all up I think I spent <10ex on it, including the 6l inpulsa's which was about 7ex or so. Serious kudos to you dude, you've done really well here!
Last edited by fddldd on Apr 15, 2018, 3:46:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info