[3.2] Lazor Sticks (NOT VIABLE POST 3.3)

What do the * indicate next to the skill gem names?
"
clisen33 wrote:
What do the * indicate next to the skill gem names?

They mark the gems for which it is relevant to maximize their quality, however it does not mean that it is important to do so. Maximizing the quality for each of these gems would improve your dps by only about 5%, so it's not really a priority.
Hello davydavidsson,

Great build! Been playing it last 2 weeks and I must admit that the boss melting power is amazing!
It feels great and leaves huuuge window for upgrades and tweaks which is awesome :)

However, there is something I have to ask: Is there any particular reason that you have decided to wear dual Dyadus ? Is the main hand one supposed to proc ignite, or is there something I am missing ?
Wouldn't it be better to wear Dreadarc for example? This would mark monsters with flammabilty to reduce fire resistance of monsters even more!
I would love to read your reasoning for this setup :)
;>
"
Matrielx wrote:
Hello davydavidsson,

Great build! Been playing it last 2 weeks and I must admit that the boss melting power is amazing!
It feels great and leaves huuuge window for upgrades and tweaks which is awesome :)

However, there is something I have to ask: Is there any particular reason that you have decided to wear dual Dyadus ? Is the main hand one supposed to proc ignite, or is there something I am missing ?
Wouldn't it be better to wear Dreadarc for example? This would mark monsters with flammabilty to reduce fire resistance of monsters even more!
I would love to read your reasoning for this setup :)

I'm glad you're enjoying the build! While the main hand Dyadus does not chill enemies like the off hand Dyadus does, it still causes enemies chilled by you to take increased burning damage, even though they were chilled by the off hand Dyadus. For this reason wielding a Dyadus in the main hand provides more dps than Dreadarc or even a perfect rolled Doryani's Catalyst. If you'd like to see for yourself, you can import this build into Path of Building and notice that your dps drops by about 30% when you replace the main hand Dyadus. I hope this answers your question!
"
it still causes enemies chilled by you to take increased burning damage, even though they were chilled by the off hand Dyadus.

Oh so it doubles the Increased burning damage making it 200%? This way it is very interesting!

TBH it would be really awesome to have a testing grounds or something in your hideout to check your dmg and all. Path of building can be deceiving from time to time :)

Big thanks tho! If the damage is really doubled then it sure solves my question. And again, great build! Hopefully it will be able to take Uber Atziri down!
;>
I've been looking for a reason to use my new SR MTX, and this looks perfect :D. I think I'm going to use a variation to this build in the flashback event, I have a few questions though.

I assume that you didn't take Ancestral Bond because it might kill your EE, but did you test this? PoB doesn't seem to change the DPS when I select it so I was wondering about this.

Right now you have only one way to proc EE that I can see, and that's your CWDT setup with Blade Vortex and that Abyss jewel that adds lighting damage to spells. Also the only way you have to apply chill is hitting with your offhand Dyadus, which seems a little unreliable and has limited AOE.

Have you considered replacing these things with something like Ice Spear -> GMP -> Crit Strikes -> Arcane surge? This would spread chill in a large AOE, proc EE and EO, and give you the Arcane Surge buff, while removing the need for you to be in melee range. If you want to keep the cyclone links for map clear with RF then that can be kept, but otherwise you can remove cyclone from the build entirely and free up a full 4-link for something else.

The last thing that concerns me is that your totems are pretty squishy. You don't have anything to improve their survivability, and all that great dps won't mean anything if you can't get it on target because your totems are stunned or dead. I highly recommend Spire of Stone and the Totemic Mastery wheel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info