[3.8] A Shocking Elementalist, Lightning Tendrils CwC Arc - All Content - Budget version included

I created my first character in 2013. For years she languished in a state of neglect but with this build she has been reborn. The playstyle is fast and fun. Thank you Swiks.

Last edited by SoleConspirator on Apr 23, 2018, 10:43:48 PM
Original question removed, cause it worked suddenly. How many life do you recommend for mapping and high tier bosses? I just got level 70 and have 2,9k hp now. It feels enough at the moment but for which amound should I aim?
Last edited by dasls on Apr 24, 2018, 10:07:50 AM
"
dookinpants wrote:
Yes thanks for that tip. Herald back to curse on hit and conductivity. Anything else was reserving too much mana. Enlighten - I didn't think of that. Might try that too.

I'm having a lot of trouble with bosses. I switch out for shock nova and concentrated effect for bosses. Still, with 4K HP and 1.7k mana I'm dying a lot. Also using decoy totem.

Any other tips for bosses? I did not use hypthermia as I don't have any added cold damage to spells.

It may sound stupid but you need to practice end-game bosses fights, the easiest way to not die is to know the attack patterns and how to react to them. That is true for every build you will play: know what you can facetank, what you cannot, when to pop flasks and you can make almost anything end-game viable.
It took me only 2 tries to get a deathless Shaper, it's not because I'm good of whatever but that's because I've done hundreds of runs with others characters and I know this fight by heart.
Also it's a somewhat glasscanon build so if the 'canon' part is too weak, the fights will be longer and you will have more chances to die. I can't check your profile but maybe part of why you die too much is because you lack a bit of DPS to try end-game bosses.
Decoy totem is a good option on a lot of boss. Sadly it doesn't work anymore on Shaper and friends :(

"
I created my first character in 2013. For years she languished in a state of neglect but with this build she has been reborn. The playstyle is fast and fun. Thank you Swiks.

Really glad you like my build, thanks for trying it :)

"
dasls wrote:
Original question removed, cause it worked suddenly. How many life do you recommend for mapping and high tier bosses? I just got level 70 and have 2,9k hp now. It feels enough at the moment but for which amound should I aim?

2k9 HP at level 70 is fine for now yep. If you don't plan on trying Guardians Shaper or Uber Atziri and only farm up to T13-15 maps, 3k6 to 3k8 HP is what you should aim for. It will be way enough to have a smooth experience. You still can do Guardians and co but it will not be deathless most of the time.
For end-game bosses (T16+) I would recommend around 4k HP.
And of course always have AT LEAST 30% of your HP in unreserved mana.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701
Very well written build guide. Thanks to that. Considering to try this in Flashback, but there is a problem. It seems the defense of the build relies a lot on the mana recovery from the helmet for MoM. So there is no alternative? I guess the helmet will not be available for cheap early on.
"
Hypothermia is a support gem that grants supported skill gems more damage against chilled enemies, and also grants a chance to freeze enemies that are already chilled.

Why does you use it for lightning?
wana say thx for that build so far lvl 75 its os much epic fun :D mobs just popup :D to hell :D canot wait to test it on uber atziri etc :P // so far tested t14/15 works like a charm

// damn forgot about atziri flask omg will be more dmg woho :D
Last edited by zincfe on Apr 26, 2018, 12:06:37 PM
Thanks for that. I guess more practice on the boss fights are needed. My gems are also not maxed out yet. I made my profile public now also.

Is 4k hp and 1k mana viable though? Seems so low.
I really don't get the Hypothermia, can someone explain it to me?
I receive a lot of questions in game, by PM or here and I'm a bit overwhelmed so don't be mad at me if it take a while to get an answer. :P

"
Sollkomol wrote:
Very well written build guide. Thanks to that. Considering to try this in Flashback, but there is a problem. It seems the defense of the build relies a lot on the mana recovery from the helmet for MoM. So there is no alternative? I guess the helmet will not be available for cheap early on.

Mind of the Council is only expensive in the four first days. It's usually 4-5c at the end of the fourth day. You can see the price drop here.
Until you get it, use a rare helmet to help cap your res and use Warlord's Mark to get the leech. I think you can easily use this build as a league starter !

"
Mon_Imitator wrote:
"
Hypothermia is a support gem that grants supported skill gems more damage against chilled enemies, and also grants a chance to freeze enemies that are already chilled.

Why does you use it for lightning?

"
SmokerOnFire wrote:
I really don't get the Hypothermia, can someone explain it to me?

Hypotermia is the best 6L damage wise. As long as you have the Chilling Conflux up, you will chill all ennemies for 4 seconds, even if you have no cold damage ! To be confortable you can get Added cold damage to spells on an Abyssal jewel so you will chill even without the Conflux.

"
zincfe wrote:
wana say thx for that build so far lvl 75 its os much epic fun :D mobs just popup :D to hell :D canot wait to test it on uber atziri etc :P // so far tested t14/15 works like a charm

// damn forgot about atziri flask omg will be more dmg woho :D

Glad you are having fun with it :)

"
dookinpants wrote:
Thanks for that. I guess more practice on the boss fights are needed. My gems are also not maxed out yet. I made my profile public now also.

Is 4k hp and 1k mana viable though? Seems so low.

Ah yeah, gem level is a big factor to the fight duration. If you have 4k hp you need at least 1k2 mana or you will miss a lot of defense from MoM. And 4k is fine for Shaper :)
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701
Killed my first T12 Elder with that build 3 deth but my fault ( mistakes ) it was cool and easy dmg was great ..about guardians got only problem with one ( that one with light skills :D he is to much op lol ) btw i am no used to fight with elder it was my 4 times when fight with him

can u check my profile to see what i can change in my items ? ( i think i lack of mana ) and about volitade skill - Testing atm :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info