[3.8] A Shocking Elementalist, Lightning Tendrils CwC Arc - All Content - Budget version included

Okay Pantheon for stuns but where do you get curse immunity?

This is a really cool build btw, I just randomly decided to try it out and decided to stick with it, and oh boy once it gets going it's sick. It's really satisfying flying around instantly exploding everything.

edit: nvm - I just got rid of writhing jar, put my bleed immunity on regular life flask and curse/freeze on silver/diamond
Last edited by unklben on Mar 24, 2018, 8:53:21 AM
"
unklben wrote:
Okay Pantheon for stuns but where do you get curse immunity?

This is a really cool build btw, I just randomly decided to try it out and decided to stick with it, and oh boy once it gets going it's sick. It's really satisfying flying around instantly exploding everything.

edit: nvm - I just got rid of writhing jar, put my bleed immunity on regular life flask and curse/freeze on silver/diamond

I'm on the same wave, warp in and everything explodes :D

And yeah, I only use Writhing Jar on bosses when I need to trigger the killed recently effects from HoT, Innervate, boots enchants.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701

Any way to make LW faster and get some more tankyness in there?
"
Hjalm wrote:
This build looks just like something i want to do, only I had BV in mind for that phat single target deeps, and have inpulsa for clear. No idea how to make BV actually work though.

Any way to make LW faster and get some more tankyness in there?

Lightning Warp can't be faster on a 4L setup sadly :( But if you find a good spell dagger you can use shield charge.
For the tankyness that's really up to you. I am a bit overkilling with the damage, that's how I like to play.
You could find a shield with less damage mods and with more life/mana, use more defensive rings and drop the essence worm or even Valako's sign if you use Warlord's Mark or craft lightning dmg leeech on your weapon. Also, good gloves with a Shaper base to get a chance to Blind on hit is a huge increase in defense.

I'm no expert of Blade Vortex, I completely avoided this skill because of the Pathfinder BV meta a few leagues ago.
I would say, drop the 50% shock approach and go full on BV. You will still get good shocks thanks to the Ascendancy and Inpulsa (24-30%) and you save a few points on the tree to get some cast speed/life.
Maybe see if you can fit in Stormcharger boots for the conversion and Shock Effectiveness. I don't know if you need increased skill duration or if a high cast speed is enough.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.

I have done allmost like you, but a different shield and gone overkilling on dps side.

And i love it so far, a bit squishy but it is okay.

Thanks again for a great build !!!
"
the_fox_lord wrote:
First of all, thanks for a nice build :)

I have done allmost like you, but a different shield and gone overkilling on dps side.

Are you using Esh's Mirror ? I haven't tried it yet because I doesn't felt the need for more damage in maps but maybe there are some Vaal Breach shenanigans possible for bosses.
Swiks wrote:
"
the_fox_lord wrote:
First of all, thanks for a nice build :)

Are you using Esh's Mirror ? I haven't tried it yet because I doesn't felt the need for more damage in maps but maybe there are some Vaal Breach shenanigans possible for bosses.

I have changed the shield again :) gone total DPS.

Using this shield The Unshattered Will, Archon Kite Shield with great success, love my dps now.
Being 87 atm, I have 3390 hp 1245 Energy Shield and all Resi (besides chaos obv) capped at 75 but i die a lot, if I open yellow strongboxes, try to catch red beasts with life regen or endboss of Belfry T10 ... i get oneshotted, it is really not that i get 80 50 20 ... but just dead.

I got the recommended Uniques, my gear is enchanted etc.

I skilled Nullification and sanctity, my block chance is 25% for attacks and 19% for spells for shield i use rathpith. Evasion chance is 17%, got fingerless shaper based with lvl 16 blind support and 6% global blind.

Should i use arctic armour or stormbarrier, or change to shield charge to become more mobile in boss fights?

All said i play this game for 2 weeks, this is my first character so maybe Im just playing the mechanics wrong? Any help or information highly appreciated.
Last edited by Khayah on Mar 31, 2018, 7:31:14 AM
"
the_fox_lord wrote:

I have changed the shield again :) gone total DPS.

Using this shield The Unshattered Will, Archon Kite Shield with great success, love my dps now.

Oh ! I completely forgot about Harbinger uniques, that's actually a great idea. Good defenses and a good chuck of increased damage, I'll definitely try that myself later !

"
Khayah wrote:
Being 87 atm, I have 3390 hp 1245 Energy Shield and all Resi (besides chaos obv) capped at 75 but i die a lot, if I open yellow strongboxes, try to catch red beasts with life regen or endboss of Belfry T10 ... i get oneshotted, it is really not that i get 80 50 20 ... but just dead.

I got the recommended Uniques, my gear is enchanted etc.

I skilled Nullification and sanctity, my block chance is 25% for attacks and 19% for spells for shield i use rathpith. Evasion chance is 17%, got fingerless shaper based with lvl 16 blind support and 6% global blind.

Should i use arctic armour or stormbarrier, or change to shield charge to become more mobile in boss fights?

All said i play this game for 2 weeks, this is my first character so maybe Im just playing the mechanics wrong? Any help or information highly appreciated.

Thanks for trying out this build :)

Sadly it is a sort of glass canon build, any big hit can kill you, so you will occasionally die. Staying very mobile and killing enemies fast are the keys.
As you mentioned, Belfry boss have some huge ass hits, Strongboxes also have this type of hits with things like Ice nova. They require some familiarity with the game to dodge manually as you have to read quickly the mods on the strongbox or react quickly to Kitava's attacks windups.
Red beasts are another story, some are really hard to fight without kiting them, that really depends a lot on the type of monster and also on the map mods you rolled. And there is not much you can do about :(

Also, I think 3k4hp may be a bit too low. I have currently 3k9 at the same level without Nullification and I think that's the lowest I would go to fight end game bosses, and around 3k6 minimum for high tier red maps. Side note, I wouldn't spec Sanctity because ES isn't really good in this build, but do as you want.
One thing you have not mentioned is your unreserved mana pool. Is it at least 30% of your hp pool ? 1000 unreserved mana in your case. If it's lower, try to fix it ASAP, Mind Over Matter is your biggest defense mechanic and having a lower unreserved mana pool than that will decrease your capacity to survive by a lot.

If you estimate that your damage is enough to map comfortably, maybe drop Essence Worm and Wrath for a more defensive ring with life and mana, you will also reserve less mana with Herald of Thunder this way. And don't hesitate to change/modify gem setup, movement skill, items or tree pathing if you feel like it will fit your playstyle better :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info