[3.2]Lightning Tendrils Penta Totem - 2M+shaper real DPS, fast clearing, cheap to gear, fun to play

Is the skill tree link busted? It shows me an empty tree.
Furthermore, how do you deal with the super small AOE of Tendrils? I have not even slotted in Concentrated Effect and still the totem doesn't fire unless it is right next to the mob.
Last edited by Aetavicus on Mar 15, 2018, 3:16:15 AM
Which gods do you use from Pantheon?
What type of weapon can u use 4 leveling? and what are u leveling steps
"
P4p4Franku wrote:
What type of weapon can u use 4 leveling? and what are u leveling steps

I would suggest leveling with Frostbolt totems with the Threshold jewels. Wands should go Storm Prison, into Tulborn wands, then switch over to Arc and Apep's Rage wands before finally switching to Shimmerons.
So I've been following a build pretty similar to this for a day or two (made some changes), the only thing I can see being a bit of an issue is going MoM whilst not having a whole lot of unreserved mana (<1000 whilst having over 5k life), I was thinking it may be better to lose those 4 points, put them into either more life / damage then run a blind on hit or stibnite setup, it's either that or get a lavianga's, especially since the arc totems themselves cost a huge amount of mana.

This is the pastebin I plan to use - https://pastebin.com/XJKTv0fb , It's essentially just a slightly tweaked version of the one from Xanthochroid's thread, but with the gear replaced with stuff i have in my stash, If I think I can switch back to MoM without too much hassle I probably will though.
Looks like Mathil copied this build, the absolute madman. Unfortunately for him, he didn't copy the tree, and as a result his build has significantly less DPS and less HP despite having way better gear than my league starter crap.

"
So I've been following a build pretty similar to this for a day or two (made some changes), the only thing I can see being a bit of an issue is going MoM whilst not having a whole lot of unreserved mana (<1000 whilst having over 5k life), I was thinking it may be better to lose those 4 points, put them into either more life / damage then run a blind on hit or stibnite setup, it's either that or get a lavianga's, especially since the arc totems themselves cost a huge amount of mana.

Entirely reasonable, I just felt that the higher eHP pool was worth it. Doing this will also possibly free up a flask slot, because my solution was just to spam a mana flask all the time. I'll consider adding this as an alternate route to the main post.
I did a lightning ball totem build, same premise, but wasn't happy with the damage i was outputting on single-target bosses. This single target is better than lightning ball, or should I use some other skill with a totem for decent single target dps?

EDIT: I saw your FAQ, my bad for not reading it properly.
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
Last edited by darciaz on Apr 9, 2018, 7:45:31 PM
It's a little confusing in the guide that you don't mention that Conc does literally nothing for Arc other than increase its mana cost.

You should put up a second 6L Setup just for Arc.
ign: PhrozenFlame
Apparently (I haven't tried it myself) conc effect and inc AoE do affect arc, but they affect its targeting and chaining range and that's it, since it doesn't do area damage you only gain the downsides of conc effect, an argument could be made that inc AoE could make mapping feel better but meh, it's totems, you're probably dumping them in the middle of packs anyway.
"
It's a little confusing in the guide that you don't mention that Conc does literally nothing for Arc other than increase its mana cost.

You should put up a second 6L Setup just for Arc.

"

Apparently (I haven't tried it myself) conc effect and inc AoE do affect arc, but they affect its targeting and chaining range and that's it, since it doesn't do area damage you only gain the downsides of conc effect, an argument could be made that inc AoE could make mapping feel better but meh, it's totems, you're probably dumping them in the middle of packs anyway.

It's the same setup because there is absolutely no reason to swap them out, honestly. Arc's range is great even with the gem in and it's an extra gem swap for single target. You absolutely do not need any more damage for clearing even the toughest maps and the range is not adversely affected. If you want to use a second gem swap then use Inc AOE or Added Lightning or something but there's really no point to it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info