[3.2] Spectral Shield Throw Juggernaut (with video) 360k Current Shaper DPS

What do you do for single target?
Sorry guys wasn't replying was out without internet for a few days (besides thread went active only 5 days after I posted it)

@Camaron Gladiator might be good for max block but I think Jugg is a much smoother playstyle in general with stun immunity and max hit chance with the accuracy node. I tried to play around with gladiator in POB and it had similar damage withless defenses in general, for max block or similar shenanigans you would sacrifice quite a bit of dps.

@CoorbX Will add leveling trees in a bit

@ukator Glad you're having fun with it! I think Magna eclipsis is not a great choice for the higher levels, if anything Lioneye's Remorse gives more HP and you can pick up or craft quite good armour shields for not that much. Try using (Deafening) Essences of Dread to craft some shields, can craft haku armour % on top and will get you quite a high armour roll 2k+. I made my current shield like that.

@el_indio Shaped sabre with APS and Extra damage as Cold&Fire + EDAS + Penetration is the best combo, can also add accuracy on top, obviously it would be quite expensive but what you have is pretty good as well.

@AWeeLittleFox Obscurantis is a good choice in general, but I prefer to use the slot for capping my resists. Also you can get a lot of armour on the helmet and obscurantis only gives evasion. Currently on PoB it's +6.5% dps and -15% armour, and all my res are uncapped. Given the budget I think you can get more than dps on rings because you don't need as many resists on them.
For single target I just use the same setup of gems on SST, you can see it in the video. Can swap Pierce for something else that gives more damage but I don't really bother with it for mapping since it's enough, I also already did a couple of guardians and haven't swapped it either.

About Oskarm or other gloves: Hrimburn only gives more damage because it has the 50% conversion, if you can get your hands on the Watcher's Eye Hatred 40% conversion you can consider something else for the glove slot and boost your dps with Insanity gloves or many other dps stats. Oskarm specifically doesn't add anything to this build because it's based on Ele Overload. I tried crafting something in PoB with crit but it would work only with quite heavy investing of currency.
Last edited by Nordwolf on Mar 22, 2018, 5:32:30 AM
I've been playing this as well! I don't usually follow guides but I was planning something similar myself and decided to check if there was anything out there.

I'm trying to go for a fairly tanky approach while maintaining around 400k shaper dps without flasks or frenzy charges. I'm trying to ditch hrimsorrows and go for EE; one of the biggest issues is trying to keep EE up on bosses but luckily this build doesn't attack THAT fast.
What do you proc EE with? I can think about putting it on the totem but it's not as reliable as I'd like it to be. Can be a decent option to tackle the higher end content like Shaper/Red Elder.

EDIT: Although how would you even put it on a protector totem? You always deal cold damage with attacks when you have a shaped weapon (or princess) and with the cold conversion in the ranger area, can only really put it on a spell/spell totem.
Last edited by Nordwolf on Mar 22, 2018, 10:08:52 AM
"
Nordwolf wrote:
What do you proc EE with? I can think about putting it on the totem but it's not as reliable as I'd like it to be. Can be a decent option to tackle the higher end content like Shaper/Red Elder.

EDIT: Although how would you even put it on a protector totem? You always deal cold damage with attacks when you have a shaped weapon (or princess) and with the cold conversion in the ranger area, can only really put it on a spell/spell totem.

I use lvl 1 cwdt firestorm and self-cast orb of storms. Flame totem would work great but since the bonus dps from ancestral protector is that great it doesn't make much sense to leave it out.
Just curious what curse do you think this build would most benefit from?
"
Just curious what curse do you think this build would most benefit from?

PoB says Projectile weakness, might incorporate it at some point.
"
Nordwolf wrote:

@ukator Glad you're having fun with it! I think Magna eclipsis is not a great choice for the higher levels, if anything Lioneye's Remorse gives more HP and you can pick up or craft quite good armour shields for not that much. Try using (Deafening) Essences of Dread to craft some shields, can craft haku armour % on top and will get you quite a high armour roll 2k+. I made my current shield like that.

I ended up using the Magna shield for 7 levels. Loved that thing. I have just upgraded to a 2100 + shield though and the damage is quite a bit more. Hoping I don't miss the added 1k shield bubble from the Magna shield though.

Think my items are all good for now. Will upgrade rings down the line but I'm currently pretty happy with what I have.
thx for guide!

i learned your guide 10 days ago,and find it is great.very effect,enough DPS to farm.

then two days ago ,i learned how to useing POB.i find that strength/global physical damage/cold damage/projectile damage are really useful for this BD.they give lots of damage to the skill.

and i also find that the property on the weapon are useless,except gain #% physical damage as extra cold damge.(not sure if onlaught is useful,never test that.)
"
lovelj1231 wrote:

and i also find that the property on the weapon are useless,except gain #% physical damage as extra cold damge.(not sure if onlaught is useful,never test that.)

The Attack Speed on your weapon effects shield charge speed, there is also % increased ele damage and ele resist penetration. I wouldn't go out of my way to get onslaught on the weapon, but every little bit helps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info