[3.2] Righteous Fire + Blade Vortex Chieftain - Strength Stacking

If you're going chieftain why would you not take the endurance charges? all that life regen and fire damage on top of the resists and phys mitigation. Seems like a no brainer.
Last edited by nogglebeak on Mar 25, 2018, 2:15:41 PM
"
nogglebeak wrote:
If you're going chieftain why would you not take the endurance charges? all that life regen and fire damage on top of the resists and phys mitigation. Seems like a no brainer.

Endurance charges are nice, but not as amazing as most people may think. Especially not for 2 skill points (which is, in many tree areas, equivalent to 1 jewel socket.)

Why is this the case?

1) The "resist" portion is absolutely useless. It does nothing for you over resist cap, which, you really should be capped for any endgame build (Overcapped even, for elemental weakness maps - especially if you run Wise Oak).

2) The fire damage / regen is very small amounts (0.5% regen and 6% increased fire damage).

Note the keyword is INCREASED, not MORE... 6% increased damage is very small. The regen isn't a big part of this build, as the majority of your sustain will be from blades leeching - not traditional RF/regen.

Again, compares to a jewel which can easily net you 35-40+ flat life, and TWO damage rolls (10-15% fire damage etc.) - or if you are rich, a GG jewel with THREE damage rolls and life.

3) The physical mitigation is definitely the best part of Endurance charges - which is what makes Juggs ideal for Labs/being tanky. But remember, the main difficulty is that there's no efficient method to generate End charges on a Chieftain vs Bosses. For trash, everything dies instantly anyway - you dont need the extra 8% or 12% physical mitigation when you already have a massive HP pool, great regen, and are LEECHING with blades spinning around you.

Against bosses with no adds, your charges all drop off unless you religiously spam Enduring cry - which I find annoying. You can definitely grab some endurance charges if you like, but I personally rather max out all the LIFE nodes and grab jewel sockets.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Mar 26, 2018, 7:53:15 PM
I was more referring to taking the +.2% regen per second charge near marauder start and the 1 extra charge to get a total of 1.3% regen and the extra mitigation. The resists are just nice so you have easier (read: cheaper) gearing options.

Anyway, I was thinking about some stuff I had read earlier in this thread, about potentially dropping 2 ascendancy points to take the 2 totem ones for extra fire damage received/less damage dealt and the same day I picked up this while mapping...

Was thinking that leaves open the option to run a 5l BV and then a scorching ray totem and swapping ascendancy points... or pick up a kaom's.

Any thoughts if that's worth bothering with? Seems pretty legit for this purpose
Hi ! Need kill all bandits or save Oak ? Thx for answer !
"
nogglebeak wrote:
I was more referring to taking the +.2% regen per second charge near marauder start and the 1 extra charge to get a total of 1.3% regen and the extra mitigation. The resists are just nice so you have easier (read: cheaper) gearing options.

Anyway, I was thinking about some stuff I had read earlier in this thread, about potentially dropping 2 ascendancy points to take the 2 totem ones for extra fire damage received/less damage dealt and the same day I picked up this while mapping...

Was thinking that leaves open the option to run a 5l BV and then a scorching ray totem and swapping ascendancy points... or pick up a kaom's.

Any thoughts if that's worth bothering with? Seems pretty legit for this purpose

Running the 2-point Totem route is definitely an option, but as I mentioned, I personally did not find the SR totem worth using. Without any Totem Life Nodes, your totems die if a skeleton shoots 1 arrow at them. I was rarely getting it to channel for more than like 2-3 seconds on most bosses, and recasting it multiple times per boss fight simply didn't seem worth it. If anything, it's better to just drop an Orb of Storms + PCoC on the boss - that can't die!

If you feel that you can spare a few skill points, sure, it’s probably worth grabbing that 1 extra endurance node and the 0.2% regen leading to it. I wouldn’t, however, go out of my way grabbing the other endurance nodes. I was already quite skill-point starved as unlike pure RF, you do also want some damage/crit nodes (heartseeker, etc.) I also wanted all the Scion/as much life as I could get.

Basically, you have to ask yourself: would you rather have 1 End charge, 10% HP (2 scion life wheel nodes) or potentially 1 jewel socket? I personally don’t feel the benefit of 4% physical reduction and about .5 – 1.5% life regen (remember that you likely get more EHP back from leeching with BV than regen.)

Also you have to consider that you won’t always have 100% endurance charge uptime on “some” bosses. Or if you AFK for a bit during a map, you’ll come back with 0 charges, so that first pack you charge into (before you kill anything) is hitting you at 100% since you have no charges, whereas the 10% HP is “always on.”

That mace is pretty good – but regardless, we’re still talking a 5L vs a 6L. You’ll be losing damage – especially over a 6L BV and a pure-damage scepter (ideally, with some %Phys -> Extra Fire etc. rolls)

If anything, I would instead consider looking into a good HELM.
You can, theoretically, get a 7-link BV helm (Conc effect, Immolate, Burning) and then run a Kaom’s chest for even more HP. Actually, unless I’m mistaken, if you Essence craft it… that’s an 8-link helm potential right?
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
"
stalkerrus777 wrote:
Hi ! Need kill all bandits or save Oak ? Thx for answer !

nwm, i help to oak )
"
KooperT wrote:
"
nogglebeak wrote:
If anything, I would instead consider looking into a good HELM.
You can, theoretically, get a 7-link BV helm (Conc effect, Immolate, Burning) and then run a Kaom’s chest for even more HP. Actually, unless I’m mistaken, if you Essence craft it… that’s an 8-link helm potential right?

Yeah, you could essence craft the helm and potentially get that. But the damn essences are going for 100C a pop.
Hi,

I was wondering if you are considering any updates to the build in the light of the 3.3 updates. The patch notes are out and there are some changes to ignite that may or may not affect the way gems are linked.

If you don't feel like working on the guide, do let know, so that I can start figuring things out on my own. But that will mean I'll probably build it from scratch, which also means I'll try and find a way to go low-life for numbers!

Regardless, thanks for sharing the build. I am looking forward to having fun with this build in the new league. Please reply as soon as possible.
I started this league off with a similar build, this is my character right now: https://pastebin.com/7dWtJbvr
The idea is similar, but it does about 1.1M Shaper dps on a 4L (or 7L or whatever you wanna call it). I'll write a guide on it some time this week: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2169834
Last edited by davydavidsson on Jun 19, 2018, 5:28:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info