[3.4]The Dancing Duo - Fast Clear Speed, Shaper, Guardians, Uber Atziri

I wanted to explore the maximum i can do and achieve by using the Dancing Dervish/Duo as main source of damage, and the result is this build...

Not recommended for league start

OBS: this is my second build guide, if something is missing, not working or need better explanation let me know in the comments.

this build is getting outdated... check my new Life variant:
The Dancing Agony

Pros
-Fast Clear Speed
-Cheap To Start
-No 6link items required
-Fun and Safe
-Can run ANY map mods
-Active Playstyle

Cons
-Leveling can be hard
-Requires Attention
-Some items can be expensive at endgame
-Active Playstyle

Leveling
Good Leveling Options

Minions

SKILL TREE
grab EE then rush minion damage and life on skill tree.
Summon Raging Spirit + Melee Splash + Minion Damage + Minion Speed
elemental weakness curse
Anger
Clarity

items to look for:Cheap Moderate Expensive

-Lycosidae Lv.11
only use this shield when you get the necromantic aegis Keystone on the skill tree

-Victario's Flight lv.12
minion speed and attributes

-Bones of Ullr lv.22
+1 spectre

-Dying Breath lv.23
dmg aura and cast speed for srs

-Mark of the Red Covenant lv.26
dmg for srs

-Queen's Escape lv.38
minion speed

-Victario's Charity lv.50
only use this shield if you have the necromantic aegis Keystone on the skill tree
Good Spectres
Act 3 Solaris: Flame Sentinel
Act 8 Solaris: Solar Guard
Minion Damage + GMP + Spell Eccho
use Desecrate in weapom swap so you can keep your spectres at higher level.

Support

SKILL TREE
grab EE then rush auras nodes and life on the skill tree.
use elemental weakness curse
and one elemental spell for EE
wrath / hatred / anger

items to look for:Cheap Moderate Expensive

-Victario's Flight lv.12
allies speed and attributes

-Dying Breath lv.23
damage aura for allies

-Leer Cast lv.28
damage aura for allies

Ascendancy

Spoiler

- Choose "Commander of Darkness" for your first ascendancy, this will help your resists during leveling and boost your minions early.

- "Puppet Master" in the cruel lab to boost Minion movement speed

- "Invoker" Life regen for your minions so they cant die too fast

- "Soul Weaver" we are using spectres this is the best choice to keep then alive and get some dmg, "Flesh Binder" is not usefull aswell as "Bone Sculptor".

Skill Tree

Items

Recommended

- Helmet = Bone helmet with ES and Resists.
also bone helmet is str/int base so you can get the colors easyer.

- Amulet = Eye Of Chayula or Presence of Chayula.
this is a ES Based character you need stun imunity.

- Body Armour = Shavronne's Wrappings.
if you cant afford LL just use The Beast Fur Shawl or other ES chest with CI, drop two dmg auras and use discipline and purity of elements instead.

- Gloves = ES and Resists, if possible chaos resist.
you can also corrupt the gloves to get Elemental Weakness on hit and save one socket.

- Boots = Steppan Eard or Elder mod: Unnafected by Desecrated Ground.
The best you can do for boots is get one elder base and essence of delirium to get imune to poison and also imune to desecrated ground but can be really expensive.

- Weapom = Dancing Dervish or Dancing Duo.
at level 59 use Dancing Dervish, when you get lvl 65 buy "Arsenal map" and "Dance of steel" Prophecy, ask a friend or someone in global chat to help you kill the boss.
Warning
Remove the weapom and the gems on it when you do this otherwise you cant upgrade the item. just open the map and wait you dont need to be in the boss room or even close to it.

- Ring = ES, Resists, attributes, if possible chaos resist.
Essence of Fear for Minion Movement Speed can be really helpfull.
- Ring2 = Hungry Loop. Raise Spectre
Minion Damage + GMP + Spell Eccho + Controlled Destruction.
this build starve for sockets, the ring is not 100% mandatory but helps ALOT.
Warning
Quality from gems consumed by Hungry Loop has no effect.

- Belt = Crystal Belt with ES, Resists, STR, Reduced flask charges used, if possible chaos resist.
one thing that make huge difference is "Reduced flask charges used" this can add 1 more use to your "The Writhing Jar" and also buff other flasks.

Important
Pantheon

-Soul of Lunaris for the mod: Avoid Projectiles that have Chained
maps that have "projectiles chain" can kill you very easy with shotgunning

-Soul of Abberath for the mod: Unaffected by Burning Ground
Burning and Desecrated ground are things that hurt your es recharge

Items You Need

Main Source of damage
The "Resolute Technique" corruption is VERY important for ENDGAME DPS

Helps start and keep up rampage
you need to have 33%+ "reduced flask charges used" to use 3 times the same flask
you can get up to 20% in the belt and up to 20% in the flask

Stun Imunity

Offensive Mechanics

-Dancing Dervish/Duo is the main source of damage, clear speed and single target.

-Spectres are used to get the first kills to start rampage and boost single target dps.

-Rampage give you and your minions Movement Speed up to 100% and huge boost to clear speed with other effects.

Defensive Mechanics

-Blind granted by one abyssal jewel apply to ALL your minions and make enemies miss attacks on you.

-Taunt granted by one abyssal jewel apply to ALL your minions and make enemies deal 10% less damage on you.

#Rampage is usefull for alot of defensive purposes
1- Detonate corpses in 30, 325 and 520 stacks can help you against Vaal DD and others corpse effects.
2- Stun enemyes in 15, 100 and 385 stacks can help you against alot of things like rare mobs, exiles, bosses, essence mobs...etc
3- 325 Stacks explodes nearby enemies and leave no corpses, can negate the effect of porcupines and others "on death" effects.

How I Play

Spoiler

Enter in a map, let your spectres kill 15 enemies so you can start rampage.

Use Flesh offering and vaal haste, start running towards the next monsters.

if the rampage timer is low pop one Worm flask so you can keep up, keep going... repeat...

if the map have a separated boss room i pop one worm flask before entering the room and one before starting the fight if i feel necessary.

During the boss fight just run around, use Vaal haste, Vaal Discipline and flesh offering.

Against Bosses that have long imune phases bring 3 Writhing Jar so you can start rampage just with the flasks.

Current Gear and Links (Check my profile for small updates)

Spoiler

Links
-Weapom BBGRRR
Minion Damage + Minion Speed + Additional Accuracy + Damage On Full Life + Elemental Dmg With Attacks + Multistrike
Warning
If you want to deal with High Level Bosses i recommend you to change the gem
Minion Speed for Concentrated Effect
If you have the "Resolute Technique" corruption change Additional Accuracy for Ruthless or Faster Attacks if you cant change the colors.

-Body Armour BBBGG
Freezing Pulse + Curse On Hit + Elemental Weakness + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Faster Projectiles

-Ofensive Auras: Helmet RRBG
Generosity + Anger + Wrath + Vaal Haste

-Defensive Auras: Boots RBBB
Blood Magic + Discipline + Purity Of Elements + Clarity(1)

-CWDT: Gloves RRBB
Cast When Damage Taken + Flesh Offering + Immortal Call + Convocation

-Ring1 Flame Dash

-Ring2 Raise Spectre(check "items" for Hungry Loop)

-Last sockets in shavs you can use Culling Strike or Flame Dash

FAQ

Q:I dont have enough mana to use Flesh Offering what can i do?
-Use a lower level Flesh Offering.

Q:Im dying too much, i cant recharge the energy shield fast enough how can i solve this problem?
-Make sure you have Zealot's Oath Allocated and the right Pantheons.
-Remember to use Vaal Discipline.

Q:My spectres died and i have spell eccho on the hungry loop how can i summon they again?
-You can equip another unset ring to resummon spectres, go to solaris, desecrate and raise spectres, go to town, switch back to Hungry Loop, and done.

Q:Shavronne's Wrappings is mandatory?
-No. you can go CI and get alot more ES(but less dmg).
-You can use Solaris Lorica(if you are crazy enough).

Q:What Bandits Should I Choose?
-Kill ALL

Q:Why i cant use the worm flask three times?
you need atleast 33% "reduced flask charges used"
you can get up to 20% in the belt and up to 20% in the flask

you can and you should do modifications as you like... need more damage? drop some es nodes to get more damage... need more es? drop damage to get more es... dont need purity of elements? try to use another aura like arctic armour, purity of fire, of cold, of lightning... remember you are free to do whatever you want this is just a guide to help you get something similar not equal.
Last edited by Igoref on Oct 29, 2018, 8:46:14 PM
Last bumped on Oct 29, 2018, 8:33:38 PM
*Reserved*
looks good. i wonder how the damage will be as you continue to scale it. rampage dependency is kinda tricky. how much damage do you think your dancing duo contributes compared to all other sources of damage? Your spectres, particularly. I saw the video and the swords looks awesome, just worried about dry-spots, like backtracking maps.

that particular color of blue on these forums is very hard to read, if you care to change it.
added to the listing for now, lmk when you get around to it. Cheers.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Last edited by Kwitch on Mar 11, 2018, 5:45:19 PM
looks like they buffed the damage of the flying sword, it was so trash, did a test back in the league it was introduced, it was even worse than 1 anime weapon
"
Kwitch wrote:
looks good. i wonder how the damage will be as you continue to scale it. rampage dependency is kinda tricky. how much damage do you think your dancing duo contributes compared to all other sources of damage? Your spectres, particularly. I saw the video and the swords looks awesome, just worried about dry-spots, like backtracking maps.

that particular color of blue on these forums is very hard to read, if you care to change it.
added to the listing for now, lmk when you get around to it. Cheers.

TY!

i choose to scale the damage as elemental because i have the access to the aura nodes from the witch start, i tryed to use Hatred then i changed to haste because the base physical damage of the sword looks...low.

in the video you can see that by using 2 worm flasks i can sustein the same rampage from the start all the way to atziri, yes is tricky this is why you need attention to get the most of it.

im pretty sure 80% of the damage comes from the swords.

about the backtracking maps, by using 2 worm flasks you can keep the rampage up for more 30 seconds at least, and even if you lose the rampage you just need to kill 3 mobs and pop all the worms to get to 15 stacks... seems good for me

i gonna change the blue color yeah... looks way better, ty for the tip :D
What do you suggest incase we lack hungry loop?
"
HansKoKo wrote:
What do you suggest incase we lack hungry loop?

use animated guardian and raise zombie in the two socket shavs and then use the raise spectre on a 4link instead.
also grab another ring with ES Resist chaos resist minion speed...
Last edited by Igoref on Mar 12, 2018, 8:14:56 AM
Also how are you able to reserve enough for your auras without enlighten? When I try to use the auras, I am left with 27 mana, and not enough to reserve for purity of elements.

Nvm, I'm starting to get it. Didnt realize some of your gems are not level 15+ like flame dash.
Last edited by HansKoKo on Mar 13, 2018, 12:22:08 AM
Don't use multistrike, the minions' cyclone can't support it. Use damage on full life instead as they cannot take damage.
Last edited by MrPing1000 on Mar 13, 2018, 6:17:00 AM
Think I might need to play a champion version, thinking...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info