[3.2] Necromancer Dominating Blow - A literal Army of Minions

I recently threw Dominating Blow onto my Tukohama's Vanguard-spectre summoner just for giggles, and was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked without much investment. About all I did was link DB-Increased Duration-Melee Splash and then fire it off a few times after a Shield Charge into a mob group. It's not an integral part of the build or anything, just a nice little extra that makes things more fun. Particularly when you manage to wrangle a rare with Storm Herald or the faster attacks aura, enhanced mayhem and chaos!

It was only after I'd already set it up that I found this thread and realized that people were talking about making Dominating Blow more of the focus of a build, which is really cool to see. GGG is talking about skill revamps coming up soon, maybe DB will get some love in the process.
I tried out a dominating blow build recently, and managed to get to level 91 before getting stuck. Unfortunately, a few problems kept coming up:

- Multipart boss battles, like dry springs or belfry, burn the clock on my dominated minions.

- Summoned monsters can't be dominated. Ex. Izaro's skeletons, Elder spawns, Abyss monsters, etc.

- Some monsters can be dominated, but disappear at the end of the phase of a boss fight. Ex. I can dominate all of Atziri's sacrifices, but they 'poof' the moment she's vulnerable again. monster's spawned by an Elreon event are another example.

Revamp ideas (if GGG is listening):

- have summoned monster's killed by dominating blow explode, or spawn a short lived minion (a skeleton, phantasm, raging spirit, etc...)

- a skill jewel for dominating blow adding splash, area of effect, and/or increased duration

otherwise it's a fun skill, well worth the occasional dips in FPS :)

Last edited by NoriNoNoroi on Apr 8, 2018, 3:05:34 PM
The build is fun but there is no damage outside of your minions. So its next to impossible to start in high lvl maps iv followed as best i could and im only get 1.7k damage :(
This build is so overpowered its crazy. Thank you for this.
However, I do have some questions.
What flasks should I use, what pantheons, and also the victario's influence isn't really good for a solo character. What should I use instead?
Oh, and your passive tree has 13 skill points left. I don't understand why, but I'll just leave it for now.
Thanks in advance!

Hi,is still viable in this season the build?

Thanks.
this build looks like it might be insanely OP in Delve. Think we could get an update on it?
I really want to try this so I put a skill tree in pob. Spiritual Aid giving us the minion dmg and Spiritual command the juicy atack speed should really push the build.
Not so shure about the ascendancy points so far if it's needed to invest in zombies and spectres more.

https://pastebin.com/jja2EdRf
Beware, with 3.4 update Dominating Blow has changed:
- All minions from this skill now count as sentinels.
- Now has a max cap of minions (9 Normal, 3 magic, and 1 rare) for a total of 13. This is throughout all levels.

This is still an effective skill but forget the 50-150+ minion army

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info