ShaderCache Fix/Temp Fix (simple)

"
"
Zerovirus27 wrote:
My shadercache folder is 6.1 GB.... I'm going to assume this wouldn't work with a 250 mb partition?

Is a 6.1 GB shadercache normal...?

You probably measured the size of entire PoE folder by mistake.
SharedCache folder should be around 300mb at max, if you had the game for at least 3 months and never reinstalled it, otherwise it would be smaller.

Also, you probably should link your ramdisk with an image file, which is basically a backup of all your ramdisk data which is stored on your regular harddrive/SSD.
In case of power failure / complete shutdown / etc. you won't loose data that way, since it will be restored from the backup image.

In SoftPerfect program to do so you first select "Create Image", choose size, location, label, NTFS filesystem.

After that select "Mount Image" and select the file you just created.

Then, select your ramdisk, right click, open properties, click "Advanced", and there select
"Save contents to associated image, every:" and set the number of minutes (30 / 60 / whatever you want).
Yeah, i rechecked the cache, and it was only ~200 mb. Thanks.

I normally shutdown my computer when i goto work/sleep etc so i tried to create an image but i couldn't make it create an image of the shadercache folder

It seems like it will only create an image of a specific file, not an entire folder...

So, what am i doing wrong here? :D

thanks again

fixed! read next post below
Last edited by Zerovirus27 on May 13, 2013, 11:10:13 AM
Well, I think I figured it out. Is there a way to verify that my ramdisk data is being saved to the image? I tried remounting it to see if it would load with the cache like it should but the ramdisk was empty...

Would it hurt performance it i had is saving often? like every 20-30 mins? While playing POE would i notice it saving to the image?
this is amazing

almost all of my FPS problems are gone

holy shit this is AMAZING
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
Made a Video Guide. Has Credits @ With link to this post. Thanks for showing me this. Made video because I learn faster through video's. So I just put this out to make it more simple to learn. lmao :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DwwhuMFp6c&feature=youtu.be
LoL just realized this post is 3 years old.
Last edited by knolly on Mar 17, 2016, 10:01:19 AM
It still works like a boss.
HAIL SATAN!
Anyone knows if cached files from others will work on my game? Just installed it and have only 5 mb of cached files, and my HDD is the bottleneck of my PC, so it would really help to get some shaders preloaded.
Anyone, does this still works?
When i press enter at CMD with mklink /j "C:\Users\Onti\AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile\ShaderCacheD3D12" "H:\POE\ShaderCacheD3D12" it says "Cannot create a file when that file already exists."
More stronger and less white pollution screen mobs = heathier game experience.
Yes, it still works. Make sure "C:\Users\Onti\AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile\ShaderCacheD3D12" doesn't exist (in your case).
2013 solutions for a game ICANT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info