Can't get past the character selection screen

So new, at the end of the game yesterday, I tried randomly to change locations. I was in The Rotting Core in Act 9, I tried other locations from Act 9, and the game pushed me all except The Foothills. At The Foothills the game fell. I reloaded it again and I was still in Act 9. Then I tried to change to Act 8, The Sarn Encampment, and there was the final crash of the game. After reloading, the game still reads The Sarn Encampment as though I was in it before, although I did not get it. So now I can not play anymore.
So after the 3.2.0b hotfix I still can not play my last charaters. The only exception is that I can play other old characters than before. The ones I could run before are now frozen when loading the initial location. Interestingly, all the charaters I could play were old characters from patch 1.3.1 and all at level 50+ at Highgate or Overseer's Tower. For a short time I could play three very new characters on lvl 2, created in Patch 3.1, but they are also unusable now. So for me the game is basically dead until a new patch that fix this issues. I do not think the problem is on my side (weak hardware, poor Internet connection, etc.).
"

Nom d’événement de problème: APPCRASH
Nom de l’application: PathOfExile_x64.exe
Version de l’application: 0.0.0.0
Horodatage de l’application: 5a9a1df0
Nom du module par défaut: atidxx64.dll

Your crash was in the ATI graphics drivers; try reinstalling them clean and see if that helps.

I have no idea for any of the million other posts in this thread, because nobody else actually provided any useful information.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"

Your crash was in the ATI graphics drivers; try reinstalling them clean and see if that helps.

I have no idea for any of the million other posts in this thread, because nobody else actually provided any useful information.

Drivers reinstalled and updated but unfortunately no change. Before the patch 3.1 the game was running smoothly, and in more than four years of play I did not notice any problems, slowdowns or crashes. Latency spikes appeared with patch 3.1. Always getting a new map for about 5 to 10 seconds fell fps to 3 - 5. Then everything returned to normal and the game was running without a problem. After installing the patch 3.2 at once, the complete crash of the game, I can not even get the first instance after the character selection.
I do not think the problem was in the weak hardware. There are players with significantly more powerful hardware than I do. The problem is (I suppose) in data stream optimization on servers, and obviously it's a GGG issue, because I doubt that internet providers across the world suddenly all have changed (or aggravated) their services.

In hopes, I'm waiting for a hotfix to fix it, but I'm afraid it will not change much until the next big patch (3.3?). So, although I do not like, I have to say goodbye for the moment :-(
"
Zdenda_p wrote:
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"

Drivers reinstalled and updated but unfortunately no change.

So the crash is still reported with "Nom du module par défaut: atidxx64.dll"?

"
Zdenda_p wrote:

Before the patch 3.1 the game was running smoothly, and in more than four years of play I did not notice any problems, slowdowns or crashes. Latency spikes appeared with patch 3.1. Always getting a new map for about 5 to 10 seconds fell fps to 3 - 5. Then everything returned to normal and the game was running without a problem. After installing the patch 3.2 at once, the complete crash of the game, I can not even get the first instance after the character selection.
I do not think the problem was in the weak hardware. There are players with significantly more powerful hardware than I do. The problem is (I suppose) in data stream optimization on servers, and obviously it's a GGG issue, because I doubt that internet providers across the world suddenly all have changed (or aggravated) their services.

Sure, but that crash is exactly in code that is part of the ATI video driver. Since your video driver shouldn't crash, even in the face of the application doing something wrong, that'd be the place to start your investigations.

If you choose to ignore that, no problem, and best of luck resolving your issue.
Drivers reinstalled and updated but unfortunately no change.
[/quote]

So the crash is still reported with "Nom du module par défaut: atidxx64.dll"?

"
Zdenda_p wrote:

Before the patch 3.1 the game was running smoothly, and in more than four years of play I did not notice any problems, slowdowns or crashes. Latency spikes appeared with patch 3.1. Always getting a new map for about 5 to 10 seconds fell fps to 3 - 5. Then everything returned to normal and the game was running without a problem. After installing the patch 3.2 at once, the complete crash of the game, I can not even get the first instance after the character selection.

Sure, but that crash is exactly in code that is part of the ATI video driver. Since your video driver shouldn't crash, even in the face of the application doing something wrong, that'd be the place to start your investigations.

If you choose to ignore that, no problem, and best of luck resolving your issue.[/quote]

The problem is that the system does not generate any error message except that "the client has stopped working, windows closes the program" but without any further specification.

Before patch 3.2 absolutely no problem. I'm not aware of any changes to the graphics, driver updates, etc., and the fact is that the same problems have, according to forum posts, the players with the latest graphics of nVidia. Somehow I can not agree with the view that the problem is only with my graphics and I can take it for myself. And if so, I still miss what I can do to fix it. As an amateur amateur user, I tried to reinstall drivers and reduce options to a minimum.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info