[3.X] SPECTRAL SHIELD THROW DeadEye (100% phys and 90% ELE. 1,5-2M DPS REALISTIC GEAR non-crit!)

Not everyone wants to see a map cleared without moving too far past the starting portal, you know. Some of us enjoy fighting bosses and enjoying taking our time savoring the kills we do get. Of course, last league I did use a lawnmower build, and it was fun for a while, but it grew old quickly.

I like the idea of actually engaging in a fight with something, much like you would a raid boss in WoW or a boss fight in Zelda.
Has anyone actually gotten this build to "work"?

I got to lvl 60 but had to stop bec of the ridiculous slowness.. Maybe i did something wrong.

Any success stories out there??
"
AngryBurito wrote:
Has anyone actually gotten this build to "work"?

I got to lvl 60 but had to stop bec of the ridiculous slowness.. Maybe i did something wrong.

Any success stories out there??

Lvl 66 atm, just reached act10. It's slow against bosses but I clear areas very fast.
Single target is a little better after taking Far shot node.
Last edited by AsbelFar on Mar 6, 2018, 3:57:59 AM
i'm lvl 77 on a 4 link.spend around 20c on my gear sofar.
imo the map clear speed is good enough and i feel very tanky.
boss dmg is kinda low.
"
calvink77 wrote:
"
"
calvink77 wrote:
Just a tip, don't roll SST as a starter. Roll with it if you want average clear speed and lousy ST damage. Fork is awful, chain is decent but the explosion could end up few screens away, would be great if the bring back the explosion at every chain hit.

Targeting monster is so bad and damn annoying.

Go play frostblade and you will enjoy the game more, until they fix this lousy gem.

I would argue with that. I am playing SST as a starter and have no problems whatsoever, one-shotting trash mobs and damage is exactly the same as frost blades. But granted i am not a newbie player, so i know how to level up with any build.
Complaining about targeting monsters? Really??? This is how it SHOULD be in a game. Not pressing 1 button and destroying screens. People got used too much to the powercreep and "10 second strand VFB" meta.
I perfectly undertstand why people complain, currently there are too many skills that clear much faster and do more damage. This is just a powercreep problem that GGG implemented themselves over the years. And then they introduce a few new gems that's don't destroy screens and people complain..of cause.

You must really enjoy the slow playstyle.

I don't. But i don't see dramatic problem with that. Not every skill in the game should be for clearspeed meta.
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
I’m running this in league as a new roll. Just shot past act 4 using kaltenharf, hatred, and hoi. Having no issues with bosses or packs at all yet. Kinda nervous the damage is going to drop off later on, but I think some flat ele abyss jewels will help out later on. Little slow attack speed but at the end of the day I’m only level 35 not running charges or golem or anything, so it’ll get faster as I go. Loving the skill so far though.
Hi,

so I've been running this build as my starter for Bestiary, picked up SST on lvl 12 and leveled with it all the way so far, currently lvl 75.

There were some growing pains during act 1-10 leveling and I know there are other skills that would be better for leveling but I wanted to "get to know" the skill sort of, so I stuck with it - the biggest help I can offer while leveling is to upgrade your shield a lot, I pretty much picked up every single rare armor or evasion shield and if it got even remotely decent stats, I even used armor scraps on it - this helps with damage a huge amount.

As for the build, I've only just gotten to maps but so far I'd say I'm happy with the speed/gameplay, we'll see how it goes in yellow/red maps.

The only change I made to the build is that I use Leap Slam instead of Shield Charge simply because I much prefer it and the minor loss of travel speed doesn't bother me at all.

I recorded a small demo video of the build doing some low maps to maybe help convince others to give the build a try - https://youtu.be/Zf6iZtdDfks

Thanks Angry_Roleplayer for the build! :)

Sevenn
That's the thing though, the skill scales poorly due to not having enough nodes on the tree to scale pretty much any source of damage. So, even if flat elemental jewels might help, they'll scale way less than they would for any other build; Not sure what to aim for on jewels tbh, maybe damage% increase if killed recently and attack speed?
"
Bolentine wrote:
That's the thing though, the skill scales poorly due to not having enough nodes on the tree to scale pretty much any source of damage. So, even if flat elemental jewels might help, they'll scale way less than they would for any other build; Not sure what to aim for on jewels tbh, maybe damage% increase if killed recently and attack speed?

I’m probably going to shoot for % onslaught or phasing on kill, don’t remember how rare those mods are, life, flat phys or elemental damage. Flat phys might be better with the conversions. I’ll look into it tonight
"
krustyle wrote:
"
Bolentine wrote:

I’m probably going to shoot for % onslaught or phasing on kill, don’t remember how rare those mods are, life, flat phys or elemental damage. Flat phys might be better with the conversions. I’ll look into it tonight

You can allways just craft those mods so doesn't really matter if they are too rare either way. But yeah onslaught also seems like a good choice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info