[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Thank you for the very detailed guide, it's realy fun to play this.
Was wondering with 39 how much int i would need to be fine? 600 maybe?

And maybe you could add this to the leveling Uniques, thought it's great for the CWDT setup:

Playing this in hcssf, only at 67 right now but really liking this belt:

Basically enables playing as hybrid MoM. Right now at 2.4k life/1k ES/1.3k unreserved mana. Not sure if I'll want to switch to CI or just keep trying to build on hybrid.

Right now I have 4891EHP with ES, 3805 without.
If I went all life/mana nodes until level 80 I could have 7136(w/ es)/5741 EHP with my current gear.

I don't use discipline (but I'm leveling it just in case) and turn off HoA for bosses for more ehp.

gear

Happy to take any suggestions. Mostly worried about having to kill a10 kitava.
Last edited by vegeto079 on May 14, 2018, 3:43:24 AM
"
Any ideas how to change setup for Hall of Grandmasters while keeping the Fenumus gear?

I did a couple of HoGM's earlier in the Bestiary league, before switching to Fenumus, but haven't bothered with it later. Should be super easy with Fenumus, everything gets super-slowed and gimped. Not sure exactly which gems to put where, but using the body armor for CWDT - Frost Wall - TC and Flame dash - FC should work just the same as in the regular setup.
"
Romanelli wrote:
Thank you for the very detailed guide, it's realy fun to play this.
Was wondering with 39 how much int i would need to be fine? 600 maybe?

And maybe you could add this to the leveling Uniques, thought it's great for the CWDT setup:

That helmet was good for leveling as CI from lv 39, but after the nerfs to ES and VP it's no longer a good idea. Leveling as life-based until lv 69 is a lot easier and safer.

600 Int at lv 39 should be OK if you don't have Astramentis. Although I forgot to save a PoB snapshot when I was leveling, so not 100% sure what the stats should look like.
"
vegeto079 wrote:
Playing this in hcssf, only at 67 right now but really liking this belt:

Basically enables playing as hybrid MoM. Right now at 2.4k life/1k ES/1.3k unreserved mana. Not sure if I'll want to switch to CI or just keep trying to build on hybrid.

Right now I have 4891EHP with ES, 3805 without.
If I went all life/mana nodes until level 80 I could have 7136(w/ es)/5741 EHP with my current gear.

I don't use discipline (but I'm leveling it just in case) and turn off HoA for bosses for more ehp.

gear

Happy to take any suggestions. Mostly worried about having to kill a10 kitava.

The problem with Soul Tether is that sooner or later (depending on your gear) the mobs start to do more damage than you can leech ES. And once they start getting through to your Life then your ES stays permanently down. In a regular league that starts happening around T5-8 maps. In SSF it'll happen a lot sooner.

Kitava isn't too bad. In HC I recommend staying away from him and dodging his ranged/AE attacks correctly (i.e. use the safe zones at the end of his sweep/breath and don't get X-blasted'd).
Hello! Thanks for previos advice, it helped. Currently seeks alternative watcher's eye for survivang many mobs and bombs; and dealing with endgame. My attemps of killng endgame was- on 84lvl deathless kill Hydra, then 86 Minotaur kill me with extra dmg mod, and 88 lvl vaals kill me with lasers in uber atziri Seems like having trouble facetank multiple bosses, like trio ^) I have 9k es and 9k avg dmg.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
The problem with Soul Tether is that sooner or later (depending on your gear) the mobs start to do more damage than you can leech ES. And once they start getting through to your Life then your ES stays permanently down. In a regular league that starts happening around T5-8 maps. In SSF it'll happen a lot sooner.

Whats the difference between that and going full ES, wouldn't you have a similar problem? Or is it just because avoiding the 2% ES degen, and the standard regen kicking in, it is a lot better full ES?

Kinda worried about getting good enough ES gear in ssf to go CI since I'll be dealing with a lot worse gear, not sure if it'd be a non-issue or something to worry about. Definitely seems easier to gear Hybrid at this point since more potential rolls are useful.

e: I killed kitava without a big issue thankfully.
I switched to CI and only have 3.5k ES, seems too low for maps. Gotta try to get some better gear I suppose.
gear

Last edited by vegeto079 on May 15, 2018, 3:11:16 AM
"
vegeto079 wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Whats the difference between that and going full ES, wouldn't you have a similar problem? Or is it just because avoiding the 2% ES degen, and the standard regen kicking in, it is a lot better full ES?

When you go full ES with CI, GR and VP, you leech 40% of your primary resource per second. Soul Tether is of course useless there, and there are many better belts.

Soul Tether is a belt for the life/ES hybrid setup, but ES is not your primary resource there, you don't have a lot of it, and your leech is amount is too small. I don't think life/ES hybrid is good for this build. Pure life works fine for leveling, and then pure ES is great for the endgame.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 15, 2018, 12:34:37 PM
Kelvynn, you've mentioned a few times that you normally run a different build at league start and then use the chaos collected to jump start your WI character (and to jump start the maps collection, I assume.)

Oddly enough, every league, I've always started as a WI, and usually by Sunday evening (after ~20 hours of play) I'll be done with act 10 and have good enough setup to start maps. It's always a challenge to get enough currency to buy either a 4 socket WI or the divination cards thereof early on.

So my question is -- is it really more effective to run a fast self-gearing build first? If so, what do you use, out of curiosity?
"
Graiaule wrote:
Kelvynn, you've mentioned a few times that you normally run a different build at league start and then use the chaos collected to jump start your WI character (and to jump start the maps collection, I assume.)

Oddly enough, every league, I've always started as a WI, and usually by Sunday evening (after ~20 hours of play) I'll be done with act 10 and have good enough setup to start maps. It's always a challenge to get enough currency to buy either a 4 socket WI or the divination cards thereof early on.

So my question is -- is it really more effective to run a fast self-gearing build first? If so, what do you use, out of curiosity?

I don't start with a farm build anymore. It used to be a good idea back in the day when WI was too expensive on the first day. But ever since they added the Incantation card it's no longer the case. I used an alt account in 3.1 but that was more because it was very helpful with some of the challenges there. In 3.0 and 3.2 I started the WI character right when the league opened and had the staff easily before I needed it. Didn't even farm the card myself, just bought it with the currency I found in the first 4 acts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info