[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Hi,

I've been enjoying this build since 3.1.

With 3.2, I am failing the DPS check to keep shaper alive in (red tier) elder portal phase. In 3.1 red tier elder was very easy with this build.

I tried twice. When shaper died I suicided. Can probably kill Elder through the trash but would really like to understand the fight better.
- My tool-tip says avg dmg 8966 in hideout, 12528 with elemental overload. Should I be higher before retrying?
- Is the trick a matter of positioning. Standing by shaper versus standing by portal?
- Are there skills I should be swapping in, like CWDT-Frost wall-Increased duration?

*Edit after turning on Herald of ash
Last edited by bigpapa212 on Mar 17, 2018, 11:06:45 AM
"
bigpapa212 wrote:
Hi,

With 3.2, I am failing the DPS check to keep shaper alive in (red tier) elder portal phase. In 3.1 red tier elder was very easy with this build.

I tried twice. When shaper died I suicided. Can probably kill Elder through the trash but would really like to understand the fight better.
- My tool-tip says avg dmg 8966 in hideout, 12528 with elemental overload. Should I be higher before retrying?
- Is the trick a matter of positioning. Standing by shaper versus standing by portal?
- Are there skills I should be swapping in, like CWDT-Frost wall-Increased duration?

Red Elder (3.1)

They made the adds spawn faster and target the Shaper more aggressively. But nothing changed in the strategy for us. Just hit them all. When you hit them they attack you.

Use SC for the add phase. By the time you get to farm the red Elder you should normally have 2 staves and swap between them at will. I use a little trick to tell which one I'm currently using: I link SR-CwC with EF in the main staff so that the SR icon on my skill bar shows 'WF' while the clearing staff with SC shows only 'W'.

But even with 1 staff you should be able to keep the Shaper alive. Don't stick to 1 group of adds and wait till they all die, cast on different adds. Don't bother killing the portals, they will respawn anyway. Just make sure you are hitting all adds.
Kelvynn, you are a bit wrong, killing portals reduces a time, that shaper needs to channel his binding on elder, not by a lot, but signiicantly (4 portals gve you around -10 seconds of channeling, as it looks like)
I tried again. This time when shaper died I just killed elder. Figure I'll practice elder in yellow tier and level my gems more.

A few things I switched around for this attempt:
- Level 10 frost wall connected to lvl 1 cwdt. Standing by shaper to block projectiles.
- Chaos and Fire golems attached to lvl 10 cwdt. Got tired of self-cast.
- Pulled old staff from stash (12% block) for trash mob
- SR + CWC + SC + CW + LL + C2F for portal phase
- 4k dmg
- CWC is lvl 15 with 20%Q, so I have some room to grow.

Hey Kelvynn,

Thanks for the build but what about leveling section? I am little bit confused and lost looking at the final tree..
Thank you very much for this build!
Just transitioned to CI and it will take some getting used to ^^
It's my first time playing with ES, and not having an instant life flask feels weird. Of course, I'm not very tanky for now, so it should get better (it's my first time getting into maps at lvl66 ^^). I have high hopes of finally seeing the end game! (This is only my third league, and I caught the first one towards the end.

For those who may not have read the whole thread, my transition was made much easier by using a Doedre's Tenure, Memory Vault and Sin Trek. Plus Memory Vault is easy to R-R-R-B! Thanks Astrodongs for the tip!
Before reading that, I was transitioning slowly, with about half/half between HP and ES, and that was awful. Now that I use those items, I could switch to CI and have more effective life than before!

Also, how much ES and damage should I have for uber lab? I've never run it.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
bigpapa212 wrote:
Hi,

Red Elder (3.1)

They made the adds spawn faster and target the Shaper more aggressively. But nothing changed in the strategy for us. Just hit them all. When you hit them they attack you.

Use SC for the add phase. By the time you get to farm the red Elder you should normally have 2 staves and swap between them at will. I use a little trick to tell which one I'm currently using: I link SR-CwC with EF in the main staff so that the SR icon on my skill bar shows 'WF' while the clearing staff with SC shows only 'W'.

But even with 1 staff you should be able to keep the Shaper alive. Don't stick to 1 group of adds and wait till they all die, cast on different adds. Don't bother killing the portals, they will respawn anyway. Just make sure you are hitting all adds.

I'm pretty sure that devs adds extra loot for enraged elder. And if you want to ever drop watcher's eye, you should ditch shaper and go for unstable elder phase.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:

The Elder Encounter Balance:
  • Zana now appears to provide protection much closer to The Elder upon defeating it. It should be much harder to miss her now. Her dialogue is now shown in the chat window.
  • The Portal phase is now significantly shorter but more difficult, spawning more minions in a shorter period of time and using more skills. The minions spawned during this phase target the Shaper more aggressively.
  • The Elder's Unstable phase is now more difficult, and can drop more Elder items if successfully completed. This is now the only way to obtain the Watcher's Eye unique jewel.
  • The Elder's Expanding Circles during his Unstable phase now deal the same amount of damage as the ones in the earlier phase of the fight. This was an oversight. As a result, this skill deals 70% more damage than previously during the Unstable phase.
  • The Elder's growing "Doom Circle" ability is now removed when Zana appears.

Unless, for some reason, they called his "bounded" phase as unstable.
"
sufferot wrote:
Kelvynn, you are a bit wrong, killing portals reduces a time, that shaper needs to channel his binding on elder, not by a lot, but signiicantly (4 portals gve you around -10 seconds of channeling, as it looks like)

I've read somewhere that the Shaper takes 35 sec for each side. I regularly kill all 4 portals on the north (last) side, so then it should be over right away? Maybe I'm just not noticing it, but I don't think that's what happens.

Either way, as long as you kill all adds, it doesn't really matter how long it takes. There is nothing else happening during that phase.

"
Med1umentor wrote:
I'm pretty sure that devs adds extra loot for enraged elder. And if you want to ever drop watcher's eye, you should ditch shaper and go for unstable elder phase.

Unless, for some reason, they called his "bounded" phase as unstable.

That's exactly what they call 'Unstable'. Probably because he explodes when you do it this way. I've dropped several Watcher's Eyes in this league by doing it, so I'm 100% sure this is the Unstable Phase.

"
Czm wrote:
Hey Kelvynn,

Thanks for the build but what about leveling section? I am little bit confused and lost looking at the final tree..

There is a Leveling Guide 2 posts below the top one. Not quite as detailed as in the old versions, but you can see the leveling trees and general instructions there.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 17, 2018, 6:37:51 PM
New video: Saqawal the Friendly Dinosaur

The last of the uber pokemons, and by far the easiest. Apparently the portal beast for it spawns mostly in white maps, that's why it took me so long to find it.

There are 3 mini-bosses on the way to the arena, and at least one of them is actually dangerous - the 2nd one (the retch). He turns the add corpses into blood geysers, you don't want to stand near those.

The boss himself is a total pushover. I tried to throw the net when he was at low life, but failed - he died too fast.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 17, 2018, 6:43:39 PM
Can this build do t15maps without watchers eye? Watchers eyes cost 3++ exa
PoE nowadays looks more and more like a fork server with tons of custom weird experimental stuff rather than original game with carefully thought out balance brough live to players.
Last edited by judikator on Mar 18, 2018, 4:25:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info