[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Also, out of curiosity, why doesn't this build use Elemental Equilibrium? The build deals exclusively fire (or cold) damage, but we already trigger lightning damage with Ball Lightning on CWDT and Orb of Storms.
"
Bananaderson wrote:
Also, out of curiosity, why doesn't this build use Elemental Equilibrium? The build deals exclusively fire (or cold) damage, but we already trigger lightning damage with Ball Lightning on CWDT and Orb of Storms.

There is no way to counter 10 hits per second per active Icestorm. It will outhit any other skill, the enemy will always be resistant to our main damage.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Bananaderson wrote:

There is no way to counter 10 hits per second per active Icestorm. It will outhit any other skill, the enemy will always be resistant to our main damage.

Ah, I misunderstood how EE works, since I've never actually played a build with it before. I assumed it was a "recently" thing. I didn't realize that it reset with each hit.
"
Bananaderson wrote:
One of the other main advantages of SR is that you don't need it to do any damage. All it needs to do is trigger Icestorm with CwC and apply the resist debuff, which it can do at level 1 with no other supports. This lets us reserve almost all of our mana and invest nothing into mana sustain. Using a skill that actually does damage might require some additional mana regen or mana leech. I'm thinking either ditching the Herald and using Clarity, or perhaps a second curse with Warlord's Mark (which would have the side benefit of endurance charges for extra tankiness).

Edit: Also, Shaped rings can roll +(2–3) Mana gained for each Enemy Hit by your Spells as a Prefix. Given how often the build hits, that may be enough. A Jugg MS build can get by easily with 2-4 mana gained on hit, as a comparison.

Frost Bomb being a stronger debuff than Combustion (or even Combustion + SR before it reaches the final stages) is already good enough for the debuff part. Anything else that Winter Orb can do will only increase the appeal of the pure cold version. If it does decent DPS, we can always link it with other gems in the staff. WM returning as 2nd curse is likely to be a good idea either way, and it will eliminate any mana issues.
Just tinkering around with some skill setups for the Cold version, and you get some nice bonuses by replacing Combustion in the 6L with Herald of Ice, since we don't need it any more. That allows the Herald explosions to also apply Blind and Enfeeble on hit without increasing mana reservation at all!

1R 2G 3B is a little annoying to color on a Vaal Regalia, but not too bad - calculator says 60 chromes on average.
"
Bananaderson wrote:
Just tinkering around with some skill setups for the Cold version, and you get some nice bonuses by replacing Combustion in the 6L with Herald of Ice, since we don't need it any more. That allows the Herald explosions to also apply Blind and Enfeeble on hit without increasing mana reservation at all!

We already apply those things without reserving mana for them. As far as 6L goes, I'd rather add the 2nd curse to it (WM). The reddit video suggests that Winter Orb will have a decent DPS of its own. Which means it will be worth leveling and linking the staff. Which in turn means it will cost mana. WM is also nice for additional leech and endurance charges.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Bananaderson wrote:

We already apply those things without reserving mana for them. As far as 6L goes, I'd rather add the 2nd curse to it (WM). The reddit video suggests that Winter Orb will have a decent DPS of its own. Which means it will be worth leveling and linking the staff. Which in turn means it will cost mana. WM is also nice for additional leech and endurance charges.

I sort of assumed it would be best to use a Warlord's Mark on Hit ring so that it's always on, though that's more expensive.

Would you still run Life Leech Support in the staff along with Warlord's Mark, or does WM cover it? I'm thinking about less curse effectiveness against bosses.
I still stuggle with the challenges.

Was able to get 32 and the vaal thing isnt the problem to do.

BUT

i tried 5 esh breachstones to get the challenge and i am really shure to not get dmg from its nova. Count golems also for this challenge. So should i go without golems in the fight? Or miss i something. As i understood it right the balls hi cast are no problem. Only the ring of lightning he does 4 times ?

also xorph. i tried it 3 times as the stone is really expensive. i got him to 2 % and dont do dmg. then i run arround and looked for the gysers. but i never got 10 of them. What can i do ?

The last one is the all pyramids are active. As i understand i must stay in the middle to not get dmg from the pyramids. but then i cant see if they all are active ?

Any help is appropriated. Also if someone know how to do such a challenge i would be verry glad if you write me ingame a message or i can message you and you did the challenge for me. Will tip.
i have kurgal in my delve.
https://youtu.be/MWyV0kIp5n4

In case anyone wants to count their dps as bosses per second ;)
How did this build do in incursions back in 3.3? I ask because speed was of the utmost importance there, and this build seems like more of the "slow and steady" type.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info