[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

So here comes a new league with a massive amount of new stuff: new league mechanic, returning old league mechanics, new masters, completely new crafting, new mods, new secondary skills...

And people ask me why I play the same build every league! Who the hell has time for all that new stuff AND new builds on top of that? :) I'm so totally playing my true and trusted 'do everything' build in 3.5, unless the balance changes are too drastic.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
So here comes a new league with a massive amount of new stuff: new league mechanic, returning old league mechanics, new masters, completely new crafting, new mods, new secondary skills...

And people ask me why I play the same build every league! Who the hell has time for all that new stuff AND new builds on top of that? :) I'm so totally playing my true and trusted 'do everything' build in 3.5, unless the balance changes are too drastic.

May have to give it a go. It's been a while. :)
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Last edited by Moridin79 on Nov 13, 2018, 4:48:32 PM
Mhm, Winter Orb ... with WI mhm, maybe a thing :D
Well, Aspect of the Spider will be back, along with Fenumus' Robe, for defense... I really liked that pairing back in Bestiary...
"
Ivan_Sorenson wrote:
Mhm, Winter Orb ... with WI mhm, maybe a thing :D

Need to see the details on that. Since we currently use AoF, any damage it does will be halved. But it may end up being useful even at half damage if it does some other things. Or it may be worth 2 sockets (+CtF) if it's really good damage. Or we may finally be able to drop the fire conversion and do more damage as pure cold. We'll see.

"
Graiaule wrote:
Well, Aspect of the Spider will be back, along with Fenumus' Robe, for defense... I really liked that pairing back in Bestiary...

Oh yeah! It was really damn good and even worth using an inferior chest. But one thought about vaaling Aspect-crafted rings makes me cringe!
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 13, 2018, 6:54:48 PM
how did you craft your rare gear for the build?

I'm aware of the quality preparation but what other things did you do?
Past a certain point, levelling Scorching Ray is not a mistake. I have 60 mana regen per second and 14 cost on Ray at level 20. There are no map mod/boss combinations that I cannot do, but level 20 Ray gives me >1% more DPS.
"
NoImagination wrote:
I have 60 mana regen per second and 14 cost on Ray at level 20. There are no map mod/boss combinations that I cannot do

No Regen Hydra? No Regen + No Leech?
"
bonemash wrote:
how did you craft your rare gear for the build?

I'm aware of the quality preparation but what other things did you do?

My final non-jewelry rares were bought. My own crafting results were decent enough, just not quite as good.

Non-jewelry:

1. Perfect fossils to get 28-30% quality.
1a. Enchanted fossils on the helmet to get a useful lab enchantment.
1b. Encrusted fossils on the body armor to get a white socket as 1st or 6th (to swap HoA for Purities freely).
2. Dense fossils plus optionally some others depending on the slot:
2a. Dense + Scorched for the helmet.
2b. Dense + Shuddering for the boots.
2c. Dense + Scorched + Frigid, or Dense + Corroded + Prismatic for the body armor.

Jewelry:

Buy 14-15% Cyclopean Coils and Vaal them.
Buy 50+ Int rings with the resists you need, and Vaal them.
Buy 90+ stat Astramenti and Vaal them.
Alternatively, buy an ilvl 80+ Shaped Onyx amulet and Alt spam it hoping for %Attr + 1/15 Int Damage, then Regal and Exalt slam it and pray to Chris Wilson.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:
I have 60 mana regen per second and 14 cost on Ray at level 20. There are no map mod/boss combinations that I cannot do

No Regen Hydra? No Regen + No Leech?

No regen is not a problem, I have 280 unreserved mana. No regen + no leech is very rare, but even if that happens, it's the same as level 1 Ray. You take a flask.
Last edited by NoImagination on Nov 14, 2018, 1:15:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info