[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

I played this til 80 i think in sff at the beginning of ssf league. It was at this time really annoying to get the really good equip.
But a good chest you can roll yourself (near 500 es is enought and doable) the staff is no problem for the helm you can use the unique helm gloves boots are really good doable. rings are really easy to get this build work and a pain if you want verry good items.

i think this build is one of the best for ssf, if you dont do the whole content. If its going to uber elder or uber atziri it will need a lot of work to get the items.

but shaper atziri and the guardians are doable in a good way. Ah and uber lab as well.

thinking about the resonators. If the master mod no prefixes changed or no suffixes changed works with the resonators (and i dont see why it shouldnd) the crafting would be a lot easyer as i thought at beginning

or are the resonators only working on white items ?
"
thinking about the resonators. If the master mod no prefixes changed or no suffixes changed works with the resonators (and i dont see why it shouldnd) the crafting would be a lot easyer as i thought at beginning

Ah yes, I hadn't thought about that. Master mods don't actually help us for boots as we can't use them to block anything undesirable:

We have 3 available fossils (4th is abyssal fossil), which can encourage 3 mods and bans 3 others. From current examples, it seems pretty likely that one of the fossils says 'more speed mods & no mana mods' for example, which is great for us. 'more speed mods' doesn't guarantee move speed though, as this doesn't have a lightning mod. There's highly likely another mod that says 'more ES mods + no life mods' from the same example.

Boots have 8 prefixes and 9 suffixes. These two fossils block out 3 prefixes (#mana, #life, #life/ES), one suffix (life regen), and encourage:

Move speed
#ES
%ES
%ES/stun

Leaving only Item Rarity as a normal prefix (plus 8 suffixes). There're no master mods on any of the remaining undesirable mods though, so we can't block.

I'm not going to bother doing the maths right now as we'll get more information close to launch, but adding another fossil should give us decent odds of getting int + a resist (or two!) too. Alternatively, 'mod rolls are lucky' may be a better option.

There's a chance that alting boots until you have ONLY T2 int (max on boots), then using master mod to say 'suffixes cannot be changed', then using a resonator is worthwhile. To have T1 %ES, T1 #ES, T2 int and T1 move speed is pretty nice, particularly as you can master craft one resist on top or have a decent shot at exalting one res, then master crafting a 2nd. Whether that's cheaper than the method we used to get our boots or not depends on which fossils are available and how much 'more mods' on fossils actually improves our odds..

But for gloves, master mods are much more useful as we can block increased attack speed, which should be very useful as this will be in the 'speed mods' pool. Perhaps better would be to use 'cannot roll attack mods', but it's 1ex. When that's useful will depend on how many other mods we need to roll and what the exact maths is.

"
or are the resonators only working on white items ?

There's one that works like a chaos orb, and one that works like an alch.
Last edited by NoImagination on Aug 24, 2018, 11:40:02 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
There's only one fossil of each type per resonator, and it looks like this is a prefix. As it's a prefix, we can presumably still add sockets and links with other currency. We're also going to get fewer ES mods on our gear.

Prefix? That's fantastic! We only need 2 prefixes: ES and hybrid. So we won't even need to sacrifice a res suffix for it. Boots (ms is a prefix) won't have high ES, but they already rarely do, and the raw ES from the jewel will compensate for it.

"
Does + #fire damage to spells actually give us much of a boost? I assume this will work on the ice storm as well as the scorching ray? No POB to look at here.

Back in 3.1 I compared the actual effect of a good abyssal jewel to regular ones. The best abyssal jewels were equivalent to 40-45 value regular ones. So they are just a little inferior. But even a 40 value jewel is easily worth dropping a gem socket for.

"
Which is more important? CWDT & immortal call, or chaos & fire golem? It seems a waste to not have the latter with the ascendant skill, but we now self-cast. That leaves us on:

orb of storms/arcane surge/flame dash - abyssal
herald of ash/arctic armour/vaal discipline - abyssal
chaos golem/fire golem/vigilant strike - abyssal
cwdt/ball lightning/curse on hit/blind/flammability - abyssal

That means anyone following my method loses the vitality method of leech, which means we lose controlled destruction support gem (but gain lots of jewel corruption mods, not that many are worth having), but that doesn't affect most people. In return, we gain ~85 int, ~200 ES and ~100 fire damage added per hit.

Golems are the easiest sacrifice. They don't do that much for us. So that's 2 abyssal jewels right there, no-brainer.

CWDT-IC is useful. There are enemies that do a lot of phys hits. Fight Argus without CWDT-IC, you'll see the difference. And in Delve there will be different biomes including Abyss type enemies - those are fast and physical too. So I'm not sure about trading more than just golems at this point.

And VS support, that was just QoL. 3 jewels for free. Crazy stuff.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 24, 2018, 11:59:22 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
Yeh, if nothing changes, the +ele damage on hit builds will be absurd now.

Yeah. This build is not even the main beneficiary. Builds that stack pure hit damage will be totally OP.
"
Haasts wrote:
* Astramentis is poentially targetable via The Polymath div card via L67 Reliquary in A10 or T4 Relic Chambers, as well as chancing Onyx Amulets - not sure there's any better uses for Chance Orbs in SSF aside from buying maps or trying to get particular unique flasks.

Astramentis is a pain in SSF. From what I heard, The Polymath is super rare. Chancing onyx amulets is probably the best way because you can get Carnage Heart from it too (poor man's Astramentis).

The rest of the main gear should be easy enough (if anything in SSF can be called easy): WI, Fertile Mind, Coil.

Brute Force is not very rare, it can happen in SSF. Even if it doesn't, you can use a rare jewel in that socket for a bit of downgrade. Izaro's drops from regular loot chests in the lab, it's kinda rare. May or may not happen. I think it's Uber Lab only, but may also be Merciless (it was dropping in Merc in 2.2 when there was no Uber, but GGG may have changed that). Pure Talent - I wouldn't count on that.

Rare jewels in SSF probably will be just 2-mods at first: alt spam something useful and regal it. Eventually you should be able to get some 3-mods that way.
"
I played this til 80 i think in sff at the beginning of ssf league. It was at this time really annoying to get the really good equip.
But a good chest you can roll yourself (near 500 es is enought and doable) the staff is no problem for the helm you can use the unique helm gloves boots are really good doable. rings are really easy to get this build work and a pain if you want verry good items.

Ah, did you start out as SSF and transfer to the trade league? At what point did you hit a roadblock and switch over / restart?

re: rolling your own ES chest, I assume chaos-spamming a Vaal Regalia is still the way to go? If this set of results holds, I guess I can expect a 500+ ES Regalia in 16 or so Chaos Orbs, but obviously we want a decent INT roll as well. Not sure if I should fumble my way through low-level maps and wait to craft until I can get T3 %ES at L72 / T5 maps, or T2 INT at L74 / T7 maps - iL84 Vaal Regalias will be a while off, I think.

"
Kelvynn wrote:
Astramentis is a pain in SSF. From what I heard, The Polymath is super rare. Chancing onyx amulets is probably the best way because you can get Carnage Heart from it too (poor man's Astramentis).

Izaro's drops from regular loot chests in the lab, it's kinda rare. May or may not happen. I think it's Uber Lab only, but may also be Merciless (it was dropping in Merc in 2.2 when there was no Uber, but GGG may have changed that).

Ah, good point re: Carnage Heart as a consolation prize. Probably won't hurt to chance every Onyx that drops while levelling (and the vendor recipe will help "recycle" any high iL or Shaped/Elder ones that drop in the endgame), though if I'm chewing through Orbs of Chance at a high rate I might try and complete the URMN 5-Chance vendor recipe for the first time in my PoE career. Also, I'd forgotten there was a prophecy for Astramentis - I was probably going to save up all my Silver Coins for maps regardless, but that confirms it.

If I don't find any more concrete info on whether Merc lab can drop Izaro's Turmoil, I might try logging x many "loot all the chests" runs while farming boot enchants and update the wiki :)
Do enchant for helmet "40% increased Scorching Ray Damage" helps for this build?
"
FlickerShake wrote:
Do enchant for helmet "40% increased Scorching Ray Damage" helps for this build?

No. We don't scale SR damage, SR usually stays at lv 1. All damage here is done by Icestorm.
1. If i don't have mod "have 1 addition curse". Can I replace enfeeble with another gem? and what is it?
2. Which enchant mod should I use for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info