Tectonic Slam J U G G [3.2.0] [Updated]

I totally forgot about this post but apparently it's gotten a lot of attention, as an apology here is an update!

Skill Tree

Path of Building

Videos

If you want some gameplay videos you should be able to find some here, I don't plan on recording gameplay videos at this time.

A Brief Foreword
If you're looking for a budget build, my fresh character was up and mapping with ease with about 3 chaos invested, and only 1 death. This build has a lot of flexibility, you can run pretty much anything gear wise, all you need is a big axe. My gear (with a few idealizations for the sake of late game) is available in the Path of Building link. There is a lot of variance in gem setups and even ascendancy choices, which I will in this brief guide.

Build Choices

Ascendancy

Unflinching and Unyielding are pretty standard choices and I would get them first. While it may appear that Unrelenting is the next logical choice, I find that not only are you already at the physical reduction cap with full charges, but with the limited endurance uptime from using tectonic slam, I opt to skip this node. Instead I recommend Unstoppable for the extreme resilience to slows. That leaves us with two choices: Undeniable and Unbreakable. While we cannot benefit from Undeniable's accuracy and crit related passives, the amount of raw attack speed it gives is substantial. On the other hand, Unbreakable is pure tank stats so I will leave this choice up to you when you make it to Uber Izaro.

Skill Gems

Mandatory
Tectonic Slam
Melee Physical Damage
Elemental Damage with Attacks
Added Fire Damage

Flex
Concentrated Effect|Increased AoE|Elemental Focus

Multistrike|Fire Penetration

These flex slots cater to playing as one big hit that attempts to one shot packs for clear speed, or faster smaller hits to maximize DPS.

Bandits
I went with Oak, it's the most defensive option, but passive points are good too if you don't want to level past 90.

Too. Much. Clutter.
Last edited by lazerpickle on Mar 6, 2018, 12:58:39 AM
Last bumped on Mar 6, 2018, 1:06:26 AM
nice build. Pretty the same as i expected. Let´s try it :-)
can u post mayb a pob link ?

want to see what gear to use

plss
been trying to theory craft the same but keep ending up with shitty damage ..

Core uniques i intend to use are kitava's Feast - For Speed Map clearing Safety for maps like poor joys because corpse removal mechanic-

Kaoms heart
Windscreams - because it gives elemental damage as well.

Juggs - needs endurance charges and gets it from ascendancy - To make use of crit- the flat 1000 accuracy rating makes our accuracy hit 95% easy.

Cant seem to decide on the max number of endurance charges 6 seems to be the basic from tree.

Reaching for EO vs Reaching for good crit nodes at the far shadow seems to take too many points.

Domine Non Es Dignus
I would consider dual wield Juggernaut crit build with maces, for example Nebuloch into nice crit rate mace. Still not sure if it is possible to reach enough crit nodes.

"
sultangurde wrote:
I would consider dual wield Juggernaut crit build with maces, for example Nebuloch into nice crit rate mace. Still not sure if it is possible to reach enough crit nodes.

^ my thoughts exactly , cant reach enough crit nodes and still pump life , endurance charges - seems like elemental overload might be nearer. and the % elemental damage increase nodes near templar

If i cant crank out enough dps on Crit using the crit ascendancy node- its much simple to go RT and scale weapon damage , defenses and life.

Most 2h except staffs have bad base crit and low attack speed. Not sure if scaling anything other than 7.9- 8 base weapon crit is worth going to crit route.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Mar 1, 2018, 2:22:56 AM
"
Zinja wrote:
"
sultangurde wrote:

^ my thoughts exactly , cant reach enough crit nodes and still pump life , endurance charges - seems like elemental overload might be nearer. and the % elemental damage increase nodes near templar

If i cant crank out enough dps on Crit using the crit ascendancy node- its much simple to go RT and scale weapon damage , defenses and life.

Most 2h except staffs have bad base crit and low attack speed. Not sure if scaling anything other than 7.9- 8 base weapon crit is worth going to crit route.

Worked some fast build with new PoB.

Used Ice Crash, Added Fire, Concentrated Effect, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Crit Strikes, Crit Damage.

Effective crit is 87%, 550k dps without gems, 3 dps flasks, 1hander crit mace and Nebuloch offhand.

https://pastebin.com/RY7tbug5

What do you think?
https://pastebin.com/AH9ieELt

Effective crit dropped to 75%, but dps went to 900k.

Ice Crash, Added Fire Damage, Concentrated Effect, Elemental Damage, Ruthless, Melee Phys Damage.

Not sure really how Tectonic Slam gonna scale, i can only assume that much better then Ice Crash.
Little tip for those struggling: Crit Sword w/ stat stick Claw or Dagger.
Last edited by Viyro on Mar 1, 2018, 3:29:20 AM
Hegemony's Era might be a good option for crit tectonic slam.

kaom's heart seems like an obvious choice or brassdome + abyssus for more dmg but less life.
"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info