[3.8] Tanky Aurabot - a combined Guide

I have done a few testing during this week and found out you can easily level using a 4L Blade Vortex without the need to go away from the support tree. Only thing i did diferente was take the spell nodes on the right side of scion starting point, but that was it. Did it completely SSF all the way to Kitava act10. Not the fastest or the smoothest, bust doable.
Can this Build later farm solo maps ?
Or do i always have to be in a group for Endgame Content?
"
Veritas86 wrote:

The build goal is to be a full aura support character, meaning you do not attack or cast spells to do damage on monsters, but, instead, to be de your allies and eventually to curse monster for your allies to kill faster. Not meant for solo playing, specially in the end game.
"
Veritas86 wrote:

Aurabot builds that can do end game content require expensive gear, since they require Shavronne's Wrappings and they require 6l. Only aurabot I've ever seen designed to do solo mapping was an SRS Auramancer by I believe Enki and cost around 20ex.

If you want to go for a team oriented play style that can solo, I recommend Champion or Deadeye, as they have parts of their kit that buff teammates.

Another option would be to find what your friends are playing and fill the role they don't have. If they have map clearing characters planned, make a boss killer for example.

Just some ideas. But you won't be able to map with an aurabot without considerable investment, and you're better off making a separate character.

Edit: for the record, you literally triple your teammates damage number wise. Even more in reality. In addition, you make your whole party tanky. So, you aren't attacking, but one aurabot is worth 4 times the damage of a single DPS carry in a two person party. You're OP
Last edited by JoeBroski on Dec 5, 2018, 6:28:31 PM
"
Krazy_X wrote:
I have done a few testing during this week and found out you can easily level using a 4L Blade Vortex without the need to go away from the support tree. Only thing i did diferente was take the spell nodes on the right side of scion starting point, but that was it. Did it completely SSF all the way to Kitava act10. Not the fastest or the smoothest, bust doable.

Can I ask what 4 links? I haven't used BV at all and I'm wondering if this is better than Arc.

Reddit response from same person:
"Necro, Guardian or Scion? I will start with a Scion support and have done some leveling test runs using Blade Vortex and it is fine.

Pick up Herald of Ash and Herald of Purity on act 2, than drop HoA for Hatred on act 3. HoP's minions really improve your clear speed and they get the buff from Hatred.

Use a Clarity on Blood Magic to get more mana regen and never think about mana again.

I ran with a 4L BV - controlled destruction - added fire damage - added cold damage, but ok not sure if it is the best combination, it was enough to do the acts (on SSF btw)."
Last edited by JoeBroski on Dec 6, 2018, 10:09:48 AM
"
We lost 10 flat ES on Sintrek.
Sorry boys, thats it. Literally not playable anymore.

This! Made my Day!!!

Thanks for putting all the Work into the Guide my man @Karunga

Keep up the great Work
Thanks for the guide/write up. I'll be giving this a shot as my starter with some friends. I haven't played an aurabot yet but have 3 people who will be starting with me so it should be fun.

My initial thought is level with arc until my damage becomes noticably bad (mid 30s to 40 probably), then try to be as support-esq as possible until I get a chest and can fully swap over.

Something like: Run an aura or two if possible, Manual curse, enable EE (they will all be cold/light dmg primarily),use smite for bosses, banners as well. Sound about right?

I will be streaming too for the giggles: twitch.tv/jthebes
"
teebeewhy wrote:

I will be streaming too for the giggles: twitch.tv/jthebes

What are you doing Son?
Smite is a lvl 1 Gem =).
JUST DO IT. Go full retard from the start.
You can pressure your friends to perform well cause they are on TV.
Get "The Vigil" asap (they demand 2c at the start, as if... SCAM THEM.

Then you provide Fortify for your Group.
let them all know that they only survived Kitava by your grace and mercy.
Rub it in!

Since Smite grants you Lightning aswell, you will need to rush Avatar of Fire.

You will be suprised how hard the Holy Relic hits in a 4link with your Auras.
"
Karunga wrote:

JUST DO IT. Go full retard from the start

But of course, is there any other way?!

Definitely planned on grabbing smite and other stuff. This is probably better so nobody has to get me gems or anything.

Holy relic + minion dmg + other juicy dmg gems is GG I take it?

Thanks for the ideas. Gonna have to test some of it out tonight. The hype is real :)
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Summon_Holy_Relic
So Holy Relic deals Physical Damage. I cant remember if counts as an Attack (Melee Physical DMG). In any case Additional Fire DMG will work.

Dont Support it with Attackspeed. use Attackspeed with Smite to trigger the Nova more often.

Last League I was running with Smite, Vigilant Strike and Ball-Lightning CoH.

So enjoy using a lot of Hotkeys.
There is also Phaserun, Rejuvenation Totem (yes, that counts as your Aura), Maybe a Warcry.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info