To all fixers, flippers, and scammers who will message me in bestiary

How does someone know you have div cards to sell if your div card tab isn't public? Do people just randomly pick your name out of a hat and start spamming demands to buy div cards at you in the vague hopes you've got them? Your narrative is collapsing here, broheim.

Runescape's system is bad because telling someone they can only trade [X] single-digit number of times per day sucks rocks when you need to pull together resources for a new build, because I should be permitted to decide my own prices for my stuff and sink or swim on my own merits, and because Runescape is a completely different game with different needs.

Grinding Gear has better things to do with their development time and resources than trying and failing to create an absolutely foolproof market. Flippers are a fact of economics. Buying low and selling high is pretty much the entire basis of all trading, and trading is the basis of economics. If you buy high and sell low, you stop having anything to buy with in short order.

What you're talking about is forcing people to honor their listings, which doesn't affect flippers for shit, and in fact would make a flipper's life about five thousand times easier because they depend on being able to quickly acquire and turn around items and currency, which is much easier when people cannot back out of/ignore a posted trade. Scammers also benefit because players lose some control over what they can or cannot do with their items, though this is only a slight benefit to most scammers since they make their money with fraudulent sales-trades, not fraudulent buying-trades.

The only thing forcing people to honor their listings does is shut down price fixers, who're no longer able to mule items for stupid lowball prices on alt accounts to try and bamboozle unaware players into offloading their stuff for well below market value. In exchange for screwing over fixers (who, again, are NOT common and not generally a huge problem to reasonable players), GGG runs into all the problems they've told us all about multiple times, most recently and extensively in their Trade Manifesto.

Path of Exile is not an MMO. It's not meant to be an MMO. It's not meant to compete with MMOs, save in that it wants to occupy your gaming hours if it can. Yes, it has a player-to-player market, but that market is deliberately rudimentary as part of the specific design decisions Grinding Gear has made. You're free to agree with those decisions or not as you wish, and if you disagree violently enough you're free to take your entitlement elsewhere, but the company has told us - over and over and over and over and over and OVER - that forced-trade Auction House functionality of the sort you're talking about in Runescape is not something they want in Path of Exile. EVEN THEN, they put in the effort to get an Official Trade Site up they didn't need to in order to try and help players less aware than the typical forumite, who may not know about poe.trade.

Stop asking for auction houses. Stop bitching that we don't have one. We're not going to get one, for good or ill. Learn how this game works, instead - or go play Runescape instead. I mean, you're clearly not adding any value to the economy over here, ne?
Last edited by 1453R on Feb 25, 2018, 1:40:31 AM
"
1453R wrote:
How does someone know you have div cards to sell if your div card tab isn't public? Do people just randomly pick your name out of a hat and start spamming demands to buy div cards at you in the vague hopes you've got them? Your narrative is collapsing here, broheim.

Runescape's system is bad because telling someone they can only trade [X] single-digit number of times per day sucks rocks when you need to pull together resources for a new build, because I should be permitted to decide my own prices for my stuff and sink or swim on my own merits, and because Runescape is a completely different game with different needs.

Im ignoring the rest of your [Removed by Support] spot to focus on these 2 points here, because you are deliberately ignoring everything ive said to prove you are right, when you are in fact fucking wrong, and you know it.

On the first point, i stated very clearly i have ONE, SINGLE, INDIVIDUAL divination card stash tab, where i put *gasp* my divination cards! I put all my divination cards into the one extremely convenient tab i purchased, a tab that is designed to easily sort and keep track of what i have! It also allows me to price my divination cards, but see the problem is in order to price one card i have to list the entire tab to the public, so then i have to either remove the priced cards form my tab, the tab designed to store divination cards, and put them into another tab, which i then have to list as public and reprice everything in, and its even more work.

The obvious solution to this issue is a little button i can press that says "Only list priced items" Now only the items i want to sell are listed, i dont have to put extra effort into sorting my tabs, the tabs designed specifically for storing and sorting the items for me so i dont HAVE to put effort into it to begin with, and then i dont get spammed by scummy bags of dicks who want to offer me 2c for a brittle emperor card!

Now, onto runescapes trading method, this proves how thick you really are. The GE only impacts trades made on the GE, and theres no overall trade limit, you can buy and sell as many DIFFRENT items as you want, you want logs, you can buy every single type of log in stacks of thousands, you want ores, buy all of the ores in the game in stacks of thousands... The items that have GE buy/sell limits are the high end items, items that are extremeley rare, or only drop in specific areas, like a god armour set, or god weapons, or treasure trail rewards, THOSE items you can only trade 1-2 at a time, depending on rarity. Now if you try and tell me that you would need more then 1-2 shavs in a league you are a lying sack of shit, becuase you HAVE a shavs already, you can move it from one character to another, you dont need a shavs for each and every new toon you make, so imposing a trade limit of 1-2 shavs per day (also its not even per day, its per 4 hours, meaning if it had a trade limit of 2 per 4 hours you would still be able to buy and sell up to 12 a day), plus since the record speedrun from level 1 to kitava is like 3 and a half hours there is absolutly no reason NOT to have a trade limit, ESPECIALLY for new players, becuase why does a level 2 character need a shavs? They cant use it, and wont be able to use it for another 4-6 hours, if you disagree with that statement you are JUST WRONG, its ben proven, by people smarter and better at this game then us both. So do not pretend like you are correct, becuase you arent and can easily be proven wrong.

And heres another point [Removed by Support] runescape does let you price your items for WHATEVER you want, you want to list a noxious scythe for 1 gold, go for it. But once its listed that item is commited ot sell for 1 gold unless you have real fast fingers and can click cancel before someone else who is asking to buy a scythe nabs it. You want to list it for 400million gold, over twice its actual value? Go for it, it wont sell, and thus you will have 0 impact on the economy, and no one will even SEE your item listed, but whatever, you can set your own prices.

See, the GE in runescape allows 100% player made control over the market, flippers, scammers, price fixers, they are the ones who get shafted, no one else, its a system in which you get punished for trying ot beat the system, and rewarded for just using it as intended, and sometimes, in some very rare corner cases you get lucky and someone thinks they are being clever, and they underprice an item hoping to impact the market and then they jsut lose their item because they were being stupid and thought they could beat the system.

Also, final point, before the announcement of bestiart league every single post on reddit was people complaining about how price fixers and flippers were ruining the game, so the COMMUNITY, AS A WHOLE, disagrees with you about fixers being a problem [Removed by Support]
Last edited by CJ_GGG on Mar 1, 2018, 7:11:31 PM
You really don't have a clue, do you. Switch my armour between chars.huh?
Then I have to chrome the crap out of it each time. Suppose I'll need a flipper for them chromes.

And what if it's corrupt? What if Im trying to corrupt it to get certain MOD?

Go play Runescape this game is too hard for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info