"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Orbaal wrote:
"
Zinja wrote:
meaning you get bubkiss

Depends.
You could go for a somewhat gimmicky summoner champion with perma fortify for everyone and dmg bonus for your minions (technically they are allies), when you taunt enemies.

This would almost work, were it not for the fact that all minion nodes are on the completely opposite side of the tree from the Duelist start.

Might be worth trying though?

I played a Champion SRS build recently, didn't work very well since Taunt kind of sucks at the moment. But in 3.2, if they make the changes to Taunt that they're talking about, it'd definitely be a viable option for a Summoner.

Passive Tree - Level 95

10500 Life, Permanent Fortify with the 6% additional damage reduction. 1900 Life regen/s, 2500 on Consecrated Grounds. Taunting with Ball Lightning + GMP together with CoH Ele Weakness to also trigger Lightning EE at the same time. A 21/20 SRS with +4 Empower would reach roughly a combined DPS for 2,2 million against Shaper/Elder and Guardians.

Downside is not having the ability to use Flesh or Bone Offering for yourself, lack of % minion damage which we have to make up for with quality gems and jewels. Other than that it's a solid, viable Champion SRS build. Though I'd wait until patchnotes and see what they do with Taunt immunity.
Don't forget that your totems will also get 100% chance to taunt. (Without the additional 10% damage reduction against you, though - so it will only be the normal 10%, rather than 20%).

But basically every totem you use doubles as a decoy totem, as long as the totem hits the enemy before you do.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Feb 22, 2018, 6:47:33 PM
"

I played a Champion SRS build recently, didn't work very well since Taunt kind of sucks at the moment. But in 3.2, if they make the changes to Taunt that they're talking about, it'd definitely be a viable option for a Summoner.

Passive Tree - Level 95

10500 Life, Permanent Fortify with the 6% additional damage reduction. 1900 Life regen/s, 2500 on Consecrated Grounds. Taunting with Ball Lightning + GMP together with CoH Ele Weakness to also trigger Lightning EE at the same time. A 21/20 SRS with +4 Empower would reach roughly a combined DPS for 2,2 million against Shaper/Elder and Guardians.

Downside is not having the ability to use Flesh or Bone Offering for yourself, lack of % minion damage which we have to make up for with quality gems and jewels. Other than that it's a solid, viable Champion SRS build. Though I'd wait until patchnotes and see what they do with Taunt immunity.

Mind sharing a PoB of that SRS Champ or allowing your characters to be viewed in your profile? Cheers!
Last edited by anomz on Feb 27, 2018, 11:12:08 AM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Don't forget that your totems will also get 100% chance to taunt. (Without the additional 10% damage reduction against you, though - so it will only be the normal 10%, rather than 20%).

But basically every totem you use doubles as a decoy totem, as long as the totem hits the enemy before you do.

This. Lifting's Warchief Uber Farmer is buffed quite a bit by this.

https://youtu.be/hKjASkoN_i8

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info