What is your favorite loot-based game dissimilar to PoE and why?

"
Nuitariwolf wrote:
well don't know if anyone herd of it, dink smallwood it was my first pc game in 1995 when i got my first comp. dink smallwood is how i descovered gameing, then icewind dale and bulders gate then diablo came out and i realy got hooked then d2 and d2-lod came out, played neverwinter nights and then i found poe after buying and playing that failed game d3 and stuck with poe helping out as a beta tester still love poe but my laptop dosent lol .

I saw Dink Smallwood on the play store the other night. The name rung a bell but I didn't delve. Don't know if it's some crappy mobile ripoff or a straight port. I might give it a look. I still play the Titan Quest mobile version every. freaking. day. Bought a new tablet recently because it ran shit on my supposed 'gaming' tablet the Shield K1.

__

I recently busted out the PS Vita for shits and giggles. Turns out that thing holds charge really well -- was 3/4 battery despite me not having turned it on for years. Played some Dragon's Crown. I stand by my previous statement that it's my favourite loot-based game dissimilar to PoE. I ran the same tiny dungeon over and again just trying to get S rank treasure and because I like overleveling.

Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
I think I mis-read that tittle !
Last edited by decrepit_birth on Mar 15, 2018, 9:05:20 PM
"
Jideament wrote:
Stronghold Deluxe has best Arpg and loot stuff. Trust me, i'm a game engineer.

Isn't that an RTS?

"
"
Nuitariwolf wrote:
well don't know if anyone herd of it, dink smallwood it was my first pc game in 1995 when i got my first comp. dink smallwood is how i descovered gameing, then icewind dale and bulders gate then diablo came out and i realy got hooked then d2 and d2-lod came out, played neverwinter nights and then i found poe after buying and playing that failed game d3 and stuck with poe helping out as a beta tester still love poe but my laptop dosent lol .

I saw Dink Smallwood on the play store the other night. The name rung a bell but I didn't delve. Don't know if it's some crappy mobile ripoff or a straight port. I might give it a look. I still play the Titan Quest mobile version every. freaking. day. Bought a new tablet recently because it ran shit on my supposed 'gaming' tablet the Shield K1.

I played Dink Smallwood years ago and thought it was a terrible game. It certainly isn't loot-based. More like "bad quasi-isometric action game which was popular because it was released as freeware at some point." I know not everyone agrees with that review; it does have a cult following. But I gave it a college try and hated it.

"

I recently busted out the PS Vita for shits and giggles. Turns out that thing holds charge really well -- was 3/4 battery despite me not having turned it on for years. Played some Dragon's Crown. I stand by my previous statement that it's my favourite loot-based game dissimilar to PoE. I ran the same tiny dungeon over and again just trying to get S rank treasure and because I like overleveling.

I have this on Vita and never played it. But, inspired by your earlier post in this thread, I picked up a used copy for PS3 for a couple of bucks and invited a girl to play it with me. We had a blast! It's a bit simplistic for my tastes, but not for hers, and for me there was a nice nostalgia factor, since I used to play these kinds of arcade games to death. Some great homages in there which only fans of the genre are likely to recognize.

She played the archer girl, and I played the (ridiculous-looking) dwarf, since I always chose him in Golden Axe.

We chortled heartily at the boob physics.

By the way, my Vita dies after just a week or two of not playing it. From a full charge. I have the original model.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Mar 16, 2018, 1:14:05 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
YES! Win for me! The Golden Axe nostalgia goes through the roof once you get to levels where you can...well, you know. That one thing that made Golden Axe so damn awesome.

I know exactly what you're talking about, and yes we got that far. ;) Bit overpowered, imo, but no less fun for it. Getting repeatedly knocked off in the original GA was annoying. (Yes, I sucked. But I had a fistful of quarters to compensate.)

"
It doesn't hurt that all six heroes are voiced by some of my favourite seiyuu, and the English narrator is quite hilarious at times.

As for the simplicity, keep going. Technically the first 15 levels or so are just the tutorial, since you can't even play co-op online until you've cleared the first set of quests. After that things get a bit trickier. Item stats start to show their complexity.

OK, I'll continue based on your review. Maybe I'll play the Vita version on my own and only the TV version when she and I play together.
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info