I really wish people would not call this Pokemon league

"
DravenValt wrote:
it's not a monster hunter league, it's a pokemon league

in MH you KILL the monsters and they drop stuff for you to craft

but in this league you have to capture the monsters, not kill them

which honestly is BS for a game about killing stuff

Technically you proved it should be MH by your definition.
Bestiary mobs are only temporarily captured in order to kill them in groups to harvest their parts for crafting. Pokemon you capture things to fight for you. Just sayin ;)
Vivisection league!
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Pokechamp!
I dont see any any key!
Let's call it what it is. The Christian league. Where we sacrifice animals like Cain and Abel.
People referring to the bestiary league as a "pokemon" league just really gets to me as well for some reason. Probably the largest reason is I don't really see the connection.

I mean, maybe people who never got into pokemon and may only be familiar with the catch phrase "gotta catch em all" see a connection. But having actually been into pokemon back when i was a kid, collecting was not actually a very large part of it. The whole system was based around cock fights (or trainer battles if you prefer). Several of the most well regarded games, the "Pokemon Colosseum" games didn't actually have any sort of encounter or collection mechanic at all - because collection wasn't a "core" part of pokemon.

Even in the show, it was about the journey to beat the elite four, not about collecting pokemon. The whole indexing all the pokemon was Oak's thing, a sidequest.

It's like referring to the abyss league as the Elder Scrolls league because every once in a while in Elder scrolls you have a sidequest to go kill some liches and their spawn.

So if I have to say why it bugs me, it's because it sells both the league and pokemon short by summing them up into one stupid catch phrase that had nothing to do with what either is about.
Last edited by VapidActions on Feb 20, 2018, 6:36:45 PM
I'm REALLY wanting someone to make a Digimon parody video, but we don't have evolving mobs or anything. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTVAVOC8Poo

( Exiles spinning into a Dark Gear Abyss Portal <3 )
Its ok, Pokémon was killed by gen 6 anyway, GGG is just arriving late to the party
Oblivious
its a pokemon league so what are you going to do about it now huh?
"
How is capture success calculated? What affects it?
There's a random chance of capturing a Beast with a net, and it's heavily influenced by how much life the monster is on and how strong the monster is. Expect rare or unique bosses to be harder to capture. Better nets help!

ISN'T THIS EXACTLY LIKE POKEMON?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Feb 23, 2018, 4:30:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info