Supporting GGG and PoE, but not necessarily Bestiary Leaguespansion

Why everyone started calling monsters as animals because they put in those fenced areas? I mean those are same mobs we farm.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Once again, this is not about the fact that we're going to capture and sacrifice them, animal cruelty or anything like that. It's about both the justification and the reason for doing it from the perspective of the ingame exiles, viewed through their personalities.

It just doesn't fit Ranger and Templar for example unless it has some sort of corruption cleansing as a background information. Which I doubt. They wouldn't accept doing that with any other justification. NEVER.

The other part is the reason why. We already enslaved and killed GODS, why would we bother with shamanistic rites if we could kill the beings we're calling upon? Unless of course, we can't (in the case of other eldritch beings like for example the first ones). The gods aren't omnipotent in PoE. So if we really call upon a force that surpasses EVERYTHING else, then I have no problem with it. If it's just some random half assed explanation, then it just won't cut it. It would make no sense.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
you are making a mistake when talking about killing gods and what s not. If you take the pov of a temp league your character will not have killed gods or even killed piety before the first animal ritual will be done.

Remember each league is a fresh start again those exiles just arrived on the island.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 16, 2018, 3:23:55 PM
If I feed everyone in this thread to pigs and then eat the pigs, does that make me a cannibal by proxy?
Spoiler
WTF is even going on in this thread?
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Mythabril wrote:
If I feed everyone in this thread to pigs and then eat the pigs, does that make me a cannibal by proxy?
Spoiler
WTF is even going on in this thread?

People unable to read thinking charan is against pixelated animal cruelty?

And others jumping on the anti-peta crusade bandwagon with half assed thought patterns.

"
Head_Less wrote:
you are making a mistake when talking about killing gods and what s not. If you take the pov of a temp league your character will not have killed gods or even killed piety before the first animal ritual will be done.

Remember each league is a fresh start again those exiles just arrived on the island.

It's a fair point, so the exiles move up from animal rituals to slaying of the gods, story wise.

But it still leaves the "morality" of each individual exile in the dust lore wise.

It also sort of inherently imply's that you would leave the former behind after graduating to god-slaying no?
Still good argument about the positioning of it in time-lines.

Peace,

-Boem-

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Kasapnica wrote:

Just to remind you,in china they EAT cats and dogs. Wonder how you feel about this,oh and fry mouses alive. Me? I feel bad,but i won't judge.

I *am* of Chinese descent, and I've eaten dog. After watching it be slaughtered in a pit for a village feast, of which we were guests of honour. It's second-rate meat, else we'd be farming dogs by now.

You've missed the point from the start, and since you don't seem about to stop, you are ignored.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Here is an interesting idea. You collect the heads of animals, each of which can roll with a random mod, and you can use it's head as the base mod for an amulet, or ring, or helmet, or belt. "Insert cute furry creature's" head ring. LOL - The idea really gets my psychotic juices flowing. Grinding itty bitty animals up into parts and making stuff would be an awesome mechanic. That's the best possible crafting mechanic.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 16, 2018, 4:05:02 PM
"
webas wrote:
Why everyone started calling monsters as animals because they put in those fenced areas? I mean those are same mobs we farm.

SJW victims found their way into gaming. And we are supposed to see "the great picture withing their offended minds".
"
quicksixteen wrote:
My take on this whole thread, and what I think Charan was trying to articulate (and I may well be wrong) is this:

We spend the entire game killing everything, including major and minor gods, as quickly as possible. We harvest power from an entire pantheon and trap souls to eternally serve us a mediators of that power siphoned from the gods ( with a bonus of course).

Now we are capturing and sacrificing animals for power, and it just seems like small potatoes. What reasonable amount of power would we really expect from a petty sacrifice when we are already enslaving gods? And going very specifically out of the way to do it at that. Not just in the lore, but as players we must in a real world take the time to find and throw nets at the mobs.

It’s not continuous at this point. It’s some sort of primitive witchdoctor type of spell for marginal gains standing in the face of a mind-bending reality that forms the atlas system. Why can’t we just tow the dude into a chimera pit and let him get his jollies from a screen or two of shattered mobs? Why can’t he glean his power from the many horrors that roam the depths already?

If the exact same league were focused on ghosts or spirits, the ghostbuster memes would replace the Pokémon memes, but at least it would retain the simblance of mystery and darkness that we are used to.

YES.

Small potatoes. That's a really good way of putting it. There's little to be learned or gained in terms of power from this concept than, you know, actually facing these beasts at their most powerful, when they're in the wild.

If we imagine that PoE so far has been, almost without deviation, a game with the core theme of 'overcoming the odds', starting on that beach with almost nothing, and ending, give or take, with the ability to traipse through otherworldly dimensions flinging spells that quite literally obliterate swathes of powerful enemies, then Bestiary upends that theme by inserting an element of sly, almost cowardly methodology. If an Exile can glean power by owning a menagerie slash museum slash abattoir slash sacrificial altar, significant power, wouldn't this then affect that Exile's imperative to do things the way they've always been done in prior iterations of the game? Instead of hunters the Exiles become farmers, in a far more literal sense than any ARPG to date has ever managed.

And yes, I already explained that my stance may well be unique because unlike most of you, I had expectations for this league based on a little foreknowledge. I knew there'd be capturing of beasts and holding them in captivity. That's fascinating stuff. Lots of potential. I am not so unrealistic or idealistic as to think we'd release said beasts after we're done studying them -- hell, I was half-expecting a dissection mechanic. What I wasn't expecting was some poorly-considered implementation of pit fighting against beasts that cannot in any way be at their prime. That's...unconscionable even within the established rules of how the Exile has behaved to date. The Exile is iconoclastic, a bringer of the new rule, up-ender of the old ways and killer of old religions. Bestiary to me seems an embrace of a very old religion, a very old style of worship.

This is why it has nothing to do with SJW crap or virtue signalling or whatever. I am a carnivore. I've eaten animals some of you just wouldn't. Not proud of it but eh, what is is. FWIW I draw the line at eating live things, which I believe a lot of people would. Anyway, no. This isn't about me; it's about the 'writing', as it always is. This is entirely about character consistency. Not once in the last 5 years would I have reason to call the Exile sadistic or cruel. They are essentially an engine of typically well-optimised massacre for the express purpose of getting stronger (both with xp and loot). Sadism and cruelty is the realm of Piety and of Maligaro, both of whom openly engage in various forms of slow torture and deliberate infliction of pain on creatures clearly weaker than them for 'science' and to gain power.

That is NOT the Exile's way, at least it wasn't until now.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
"
Kasapnica wrote:

Just to remind you,in china they EAT cats and dogs. Wonder how you feel about this,oh and fry mouses alive. Me? I feel bad,but i won't judge.

I *am* of Chinese descent, and I've eaten dog. After watching it be slaughtered in a pit for a village feast, of which we were guests of honour. It's second-rate meat, else we'd be farming dogs by now.

You've missed the point from the start, and since you don't seem about to stop, you are ignored.

In case im not ignored,the moment i saw "but cruelty" i didn't care about the "point". All i see is someone being offended by a game.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Feb 16, 2018, 4:07:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info