Anyone getting Kingdom come?

"
I rly rly rly do not like the combat in this game.

It's such dogshit

<.<

l2p

No seriously, the combat feels great once you learn how to fight properly.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Boy don't make me eat your computer
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Boy don't make me eat your computer

stop it pls, i can't get those pictures out of my mind!
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Rexeos wrote:

I dont understand what you said. With 9xx (and older) cards change of resolution gives fps boost. In PoE change of resolution on 970 can go from 120 fps to 180 fps. If you have 1080 card change in fps is 0 fps and fps is only 150fps. I know, I tested it. Its not CPU bottleneck, its in Pascal architecture how cooperate with other hardware.

If you're CPU limited, lowering the resolution will get you little to no improvements in FPS.

If I was to play PoE with a 1080ti, lowering the resolution from 1440p to 720p would be next to no frame rate difference. Because PoE is considerably harder on CPU than GPU. It's also an unoptimized game. Any game that can run highs into the 200+, yet tank into the 25-30fps range is junk optimized. Maybe things have improved a little in PoE, but I haven't played PoE in awhile. PoE's frame rates on my readout, as soon as any action starts at all looks like a seismograph readout from an 8.0 magnitude earthquake. Whereas D3 runs pegged at 200fps, standing still, or attacking into groups of enemies.

"

I dont agree, whatever program should use maximum of CPU if needed. Thats the reason why not only gamers needs better and better hardware. Not to have reserve, but get more power/speed in whatever they do.

Lower CPU usage allows the GPU to set the bar for the frame rates.

Games run smoother when the GPU is the bottleneck, not the CPU. GPUs are better at dealing with bottlenecks. When you get a massive spike in CPU load, as a result of more NPCs, more physics going on, etc, that causes a catastrophic FPS loss. Or *hard* stutter. Modern games that are optimized use multi-threading to alleviate this. Like Witcher 3 for example. Or any FPS game designed to run consistent high frame rates. GPUs have less of a tendency to have spikes in load. Frame rate variation will usually be a gradual shift over a second or 2, rather than a spike. Etc, a transition from 60fps to 45fps is a lot better than 60fps to 45fps in 0.1s.

I've been running monitoring software on my PC for many years. When I lose frame rates on a game, I can look and see exactly what happened.

"

If somebody has lower hardware, than he asks for optimization for his hardware, but problem is his "shit" rig ("shit" is your word), not the program. If producers of whatever program find where they can do compromise which can not be visible, great. But engine on which Kingdom runs is already pretty maxed and tested and I doubt, there will be some boost in fps.

Recommended specs should mean consistent 60fps @ 1080p resolution. That's not what people are getting with PCs who got recommended specs. 60fps is the minimum standard for PC gaming.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 14, 2018, 4:04:02 PM
No, the game reeks of fire and forget support. Also the First Person view is crap, you can barely see what you are holding in your hand. No thank you, passing on this. Graphics are nice though. Game just looks rather boring if I had to point out exactly why I am not interested. I'll stick with Mordhau.
Last edited by decrepit_birth on Feb 14, 2018, 4:12:36 PM
My cousin says he's going to get this, and if he does I'll get access to it via family share and try it out.

"
I despise thee combat system is my complaint about it

It's like real life medieval melee combat, positioning, timing, mass, velocity, kinetic energy etc, instead of button mash and holding down block.

I love it. Fact you're just a squishy dude that gets tired and bleeds.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Feb 15, 2018, 4:57:15 AM
Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 22, 2018, 11:03:07 PM
I beat the game

this is literally one of the most frustrating games I've ever played like the amount of bugs it has is atrocious.

Never again.

and who the fuck designed the combat system 100% sure it didn't take like 5 mind to kill one guy or you know switch to a bow and kill him in 2 shots while he just waits for me to shoot him.

So fucking dumb.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Gonna have to second that the combat is trash. It doesn't have much depth to it, all I gotta do to win is mash down jabs until my stamina is depleted, back off, kite them back, then unload on them again. Repeat until win. I thought the whole selling point of the combat system, was that you couldn't do that to win?

I got ambushed by 3 bandits who all had plate armor, when I had rags, and I beat all their asses by just kiting and poking them in the face with a sword. And now I got plate armor. GGS.

The graphics are pretty good.

As far as the optimization goes, this game has terrible V-sync implementation. I saw frame rate dips as high as 15fps, and the thing is, that's entirely from the V-sync. Bu....bu....but!! That's how V-sync is supposed to work! Yes, and no. Most modern games with V-sync can dip 5 frames without tanking a full 15fps.

I'm glad I got a fucking G-sync monitor, and speaking from the perspective of someone who's never had one, games like KCD with complete shit V-sync are why people buy G-sync monitors, because it gives a smooth gaming experience in games that are otherwise choppy, and without any screen tearing.

I run 1440p/max settings (Ultra everything and all the sliders to the right), and get 60-80 FPS most of the time. I do see the occasional dip into the 40s range in places with crap tons of people. There are only a few spots in the game where it gets that bad. The important thing to note is that Vsynch HAS TO BE OFF. If it's on, your FPS will be shit regardless of your specs.

Another option would be to try and force V-sync through the Nvidia control panel, or use a 3rd party program to do it.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 15, 2018, 11:17:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info