Abyss Content Integration

Good implementation. Though I doubt shaped Stygians with decent ilvl are common enough to warrant that restriction. Anyway, it beats going back to 95% leather / crystal belts by a mile.
Next season they are renaming the game to Path of Stygian Vise. Feelsbadman
"
Qarl wrote:

The content will extend into Maps. We decided to delay Abyssal Depths from occurring until maps. In the league, Abyssal Depths happened around level 40, so we are basically pushing the league content (and also the Depths) further into the game.

Wait...what???!?!?!? After leveling two characters, I never saw a single Abyssal Depth during the storyline....so no apparent change for me.

"
Qarl wrote:

Abysses will occur 10% of the time in instances, with some adjustments for smaller and special areas. The 10% will also apply in maps. As Breaches will occur 10% of the time in maps, players have a considerable chance of finding either a Breach or Abyss in their map.

We have increased the odds of a Lich occuring in the Depths, so there is a still a reasonable chance of finding them, despite Abysses being much less common than they were in the league.

Abyssal Depths and Troves will also be able to drop maps, so the content will never be penalising to play.

This entire league (as of the time of writing this comment) I have seen MAYBE 50 Abyssal Depths, and a grand fucking total of 5 Liches. How can this be considered successful?????
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
"
Qarl wrote:
Lightpoacher, on the other hand, dances well into the territory of broken mechanics. We decided a mid-league nerf wasn't justified for an item with limited availability. However for the permanent leagues we will be making some changes: Lightpoacher projectiles now travel a limited distance. Increasing or reducing projectile speed will adjust this distance. Lightpoacher projectiles no longer always Pierce. This does, however, allow players to invest in alternatives such as Chain or Fork instead.

This is a buff!
For as far as I'm conserned I really enjoy all those changes and the feeling of follow up we have. The buff for the Lightpoacher is awesome haha , thanks alot fot this one !
Very interesting. I will admit - I thought we wouldn't be seeing Abyss basically ever again, due to Stygian belt issues. But...realistically, did anyone else ever use a belt other than a Leather, or maybe a Heavy, by choice? Nobody used Chain belts, or Cloth belts, or Studded belts, or any of those other belts, unless they didn't care about the implicit at all and were just looking for a heap of stats.

Are things really different if you substitute 'Stygian' for 'Leather'? Junk belts will be cheaper than Leather belts, Leather belts will be cheaper than Stygian belts, and people might actually pay for Darkness Enthroned's.

As for Abyss jewels and them being OHH PEE...I don't see them as being overpowered at all, especially in restricted quantities. DO they do things old shitty jewels don't? Yes. Good. Old Shitty Jewels were ass, and nothing more than a crappy tax on certain builds or a means to stack more life than we used to. These ones open up flat damage builds like Windripper or Facebreaker for players without a billion exalts to throw at it or no desire to kill themselves with Abyssus, and the extra funky stuff they do makes them interesting. Jewel sockets are actually valuable again, which is an indirect-yet-sorely-needed buff to the Scion.

I'm surprised to see Abyss sticking around, but I'm glad some of the cool builds I only really got to try in Abyss won't be footnotes. I think the Stygian Vise issue, while it is an issue, is also somewhat overrated given how utterly worthless every non-Leather or non-Heavy belt implicit is (and the Heavy belt still has a point, if an extremely narrow one, since Abyss jewels can't roll that much Strength), and how much harder to find the really good Abyss jewels will be.

Also, c'mon. It's more crafting! Everybody loves crafting, right? ...right?
"
Qarl wrote:

it turned into one of the best leagues we have done. The content and monsters are a fun addition to general play. The items brought by Abyss have opened up new build possibilities and increased the depth of player choice.

I want some of what you're smoking. Abyss is not fun. You rarely find depths due to a still to this day unfixed bug in the code. You rarely find lich when you DO encounter depths. I've run 7 characters this league into the 80-90s and I found 6 lich. That's just plain failed mechanics. You guys failed to execute this league properly from the start. Failed to fix it months in. Failed to make the right decision to let it die after the league ends. All because you put so much work into it and don't want it to go to waste.

I played this league more than any previous, and none of that was due to the Abyss content.

PS: stygian vises are a detriment to the game and you're making a horrible decision to leave them in.
wow you really have cover your eyes
stop covering it you messed up the detail design , you promise us a breach like experience what we get is a harbinger V2, and those item choice ??? wow how much do you need to lie to yourself to make those decsion and think it is good choice
"
"
Qarl wrote:

it turned into one of the best leagues we have done. The content and monsters are a fun addition to general play. The items brought by Abyss have opened up new build possibilities and increased the depth of player choice.

I want some of what you're smoking. Abyss is not fun. You rarely find depths due to a still to this day unfixed bug in the code. You rarely find lich when you DO encounter depths. I've run 7 characters this league into the 80-90s and I found 6 lich. That's just plain failed mechanics. You guys failed to execute this league properly from the start. Failed to fix it months in. Failed to make the right decision to let it die after the league ends. All because you put so much work into it and don't want it to go to waste.

I played this league more than any previous, and none of that was due to the Abyss content.

PS: stygian vises are a detriment to the game and you're making a horrible decision to leave them in.

Exactly my sentiments.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
people saying ohh that belt needs to be removed its the best in slot!

do people not realize there's literally a best in slot for every piece of gear in the game......and its not like the other belts wont still be used.. and its not like crystal belts wont still be the best choice for es builds..

"facebreakers the best gloves for no wep builds! REMOVE THEM PLS!!!!!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info