[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
HasmaBoss wrote:
I have made this build as league starter and I am loving it so far,
I am starting to have some issues killing high life mobs, I suppose due to my weapons (2x Ewar's Mirage).

I have been rushing life nodes, think I should start getting some claw nodes and swap my weapons for a pair of claws? I dont want to spend the few chaos I got into a pair of claws I will end up not using so I'd rather ask in forums.

My current character if anyone is interested in reviewing :P https://pastebin.com/aFxDXiV6

I can’t look at your PoB from work. I’ll do that when I get home. But I looked at your character, and at level 62 you can get bloodseeker. It’s just 4 more levels so I wouldn’t bother getting a rare claw at this point. Get a shield like the great old one’s ward, or a claw like ornament of the East/wasp nest, if you don’t have a lycosidae.

I also took a look at your passives, and I have some suggestions on changes.
First, I’d get rid of the frenzy charges. They are super important later, but don’t actually matter that much at your current level. Those 6 points can be used to get ”Fangs of Frost”, and 3 points towards ”Primeval force”. Place your next point there.

I would also wait with ”written in blood”. Take those 6 points and use them to get to ”blood siphon”.
You will have one less 5% max life node (until you grab the mode below Blood Siphon) but you will get tons of damage. Also, it's only about 40 life that you lose, so no biggie.

I would spend the next levels going:
Soul Raker (drop vitality void and vaal pact to get here faster)
Claws of the Magpie
Force of nature
Revenge of the Hunted
Phase Acrobatics
the life node below Blood Siphon
Heartseeker
Claws of the Pride
All the frenzy charges

In that order.

Hope this helps :)

EDIT

Ok, so I've looked at the PoB and there are some things I noticed.
You should change your flasks when you can. See the guide for tips on what flasks to use. I realize that you can't use all of them at the moment, but get the ones you can.

The level on your skills are very low. You dps will increase lots when they grow higher. Same here though. I realize you can't have lvl 20 gems on lvl 58, but try to get as high levels you can on your frost blades setup.
Also, replace your "added cold damage" with Ruthless / Ancestral Call, so you can swap between those two. Ancestral call is incredibly good for clearing, and ruthless is better single target. Added cold damage actually does provide best damage for you at the moment, but this will change pretty fast in the coming levels.
When you get a 5link add hypothermia, and then last you add ice bite.
Also, get an Ancestral Protector, Vaal Haste, and a CWDT setup.

Try to get a 5link. Getting a good 6link chest can sometimes be hard, but a 5link should be no problem. It will make a big difference in your dps.

If you do struggle, I suggest that you join a public group that runs Blood Aqueduct in act 9 as soon as you hit lvl 60. You can get 60-70 in about 1-2 hours.
At that point you can use all your gear, and then breeze through the rest of the game.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Mar 7, 2018, 8:07:00 AM
"
PackShooter wrote:
Hey man, nice build. Really enjoying it so far :D I am using a yriels w rhoa right now as I happened to get one lol. I know lower es and res than rare piece but geez it makes you fast.

Yriel’s is actually a really good option for a chest. I’ll definitely add that on the original post.
Thanks for the tip!

Don't panic.
"
Seymowr wrote:
I did something similar last league, got to lvl 95, raider, abyssus but with perfect form, that shit saves you so much, also with 2 ToA, since according to PoB i needed a claw with more than 400Edps to get a minor boost so.....wasnt worth it imo, but nice guide

Also id rather use pandemonius amulet, that shit is crazy for FB

My only real problem with the perfect form is the lack of, & reduction to, resists.
The free arctic armour is awesome though.
If you can get away with it, it’s an awesome armour, but that leaves us with only 4 item slots to fill all our resists, which will prove really hard.

Pandemonious may also be an awesome addition. Same problem here though. Lack of resist and also no life.
I should really mention both in the guide though.

I’m not sure how well the build you played scaled with dmg, but there are different options for this build.
All of them are mainly focused on phys damage though, but you can go pure/hybrid/pure with IEDWAS, which makes gearing slightly easier.

Thanks for the input!

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Mar 7, 2018, 2:59:51 AM
UPDATE

I’ve received questions about how to level the passive tree. I’ve been meaning to add this, but never really took the time.

I have now added a list of key nodes in the leveling section of the guide.
The nodes appear in order of importance.

Edit:
I would also like to add that there has been a lot of other changes in the guide over the last days.
I decided, as many have pointed out, that Ice Bite actually still is better than MPD in most cases.
I have altered the cwdt setup slightly.
I have added/removed some items, and will likely add/remove some more in the coming days.

And some other (mostly minor) changes.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Mar 7, 2018, 6:01:51 AM
"
Fiver wrote:
UPDATE

I’ve received questions about how to level the passive tree. I’ve been meaning to add this, but never really took the time.

I have now added a list of key nodes in the leveling section of the guide.
The nodes appear in order of importance.

Thank you for your work.
Hey and thanks for a good guide and great build, having alot of fun with it even tho my knowledge of the game is basic to say the least.

I was wondering if you could checkout my passive tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeBS0FtQceCC4NjQ5IES8RgRGWEvEUdRX9Fr8XJhmOGbQj9iT9JpUqCysKMHEwfDY9N9Q6Qj7PQdBDMUX0R35JUUp9S3hM_02STipRR1VLW69d8mHiYetirGOnZK9lTWqTa5BsCGyMb1dwUnTteBl6U3qEeu9_K4Gsh3aJ04o4jDaNfY2BjbmNv5UumyabjZ2qo4qpebF8tMW9Nr3mvqfBoMLsw-bIzM960K3TftQj1gfWitrB2-fdRt2o32_kaudU6NbrY-0_7YPuDu9674_w1fGK_MX9bv_e?accountName=sunefication&characterName=Freezne

What dps nodes are best to go for first?

Also if you have any comments about my gear on what to get next feel free :) I know it's subpar.

Edit: Just noticed you added skill tree order in the post so nvm that part!
Last edited by sunefication on Mar 7, 2018, 6:23:43 AM
Are you going to update this post about the Deadeye version which seems to be more powerful or simply make a new thread?

Thanks.
Give me a fuckin beta already fss..
Hi, i´m loving the build so far. But i have the same problem that i lack of mana.

I need to Equip the Praxis Paua Ring to even sustaine my mana. Could it be that to much Attackspeed at the beginning is causing this?
"
sunefication wrote:
Hey and thanks for a good guide and great build, having alot of fun with it even tho my knowledge of the game is basic to say the least.

I was wondering if you could checkout my passive tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeBS0FtQceCC4NjQ5IES8RgRGWEvEUdRX9Fr8XJhmOGbQj9iT9JpUqCysKMHEwfDY9N9Q6Qj7PQdBDMUX0R35JUUp9S3hM_02STipRR1VLW69d8mHiYetirGOnZK9lTWqTa5BsCGyMb1dwUnTteBl6U3qEeu9_K4Gsh3aJ04o4jDaNfY2BjbmNv5UumyabjZ2qo4qpebF8tMW9Nr3mvqfBoMLsw-bIzM960K3TftQj1gfWitrB2-fdRt2o32_kaudU6NbrY-0_7YPuDu9674_w1fGK_MX9bv_e?accountName=sunefication&characterName=Freezne

What dps nodes are best to go for first?

Also if you have any comments about my gear on what to get next feel free :) I know it's subpar.

Edit: Just noticed you added skill tree order in the post so nvm that part!

You need to set your profile to public, so I can view your characters. :)

"
HardKoar wrote:
Are you going to update this post about the Deadeye version which seems to be more powerful or simply make a new thread?

Thanks.

I haven't really inspected a deadeye version, but at a first glance I do not see how it could be stronger.

From the raider ascendancy we get:

Always:
20% inc attack damage
60% increased evasion
10% increased attack speed

With onslaught:
20% inc attack damage
40% move speed
40% attack speed
25% melee and projectile evade chance
We have onslaught active pretty much all the time.

With frenzy charges:
3% movespeed per frenzy charge
3% attack speed per frenzy charge (that's 24% each on 8 charges)
3% attack damage per frenzy charge
We are almot always on full frenzy charges.

We are pretty much at a permanent:
64% increased attack damage
74% increased attack speed
64% increased move speed
60% increased evasion rating
25% melee evade
25% projectile evade

Deadeye simple cannot compare to that. The deadeye only focuses on projectiles, which is awesome for clearspeed but not for bosses. And we really don't have a problem with clearspeed.
Furthermore, the deadeye doesn't give us any defensive boosts.
It doesn't have the same boost to survivability as the Raider does.

Frost Blades initial hit is melee so we actually get no bonuses at all to Frost Blades melee damage.

Unless I am missing something, I really don't see how deadeye can be better.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Mar 7, 2018, 8:37:40 AM
"
Ellyssia wrote:
Hi, i´m loving the build so far. But i have the same problem that i lack of mana.

I need to Equip the Praxis Paua Ring to even sustaine my mana. Could it be that to much Attackspeed at the beginning is causing this?

You need to unlock your profile so it is public, otherwise I can't see your character.

However, if you have problems in mana, grab a few passive nodes in the tree until you can sustain without them.
There are nodes next to Vitality Void that can give you mana leech. If you are using claws, you should get Soul Raker.

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info