Honestly fuck these loot boxes.

"
lizzrdd wrote:
Spend 50 bux of your own cash on this crap and see how much bitching comes from it when you get a shitload of the same damn wings, back flag, what the fuck ever that thing is.

You pay your money, you take your chances....
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
Mom: ''I'll give you one grand worth of points right here but if you don't get the ice wings I am never ever giving you any source of money for this game because of your own stupidity''

I didn't take it :3
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Mom: ''I'll give you one grand worth of points right here but if you don't get the ice wings I am never ever giving you any source of money for this game because of your own stupidity''

I didn't take it :3

Without being too impertinent, wtf do your parents do that allows them to hand over AUD $1350 for an (insert expletive here) game?
^^
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Fine..

Your dad shall henceforth be known as "Walt" and your family earns their income through a carwash, applied chemistry and the clever use of an accountant who works within in a very grey region of the law. :)

Slainte,
Matt.
Have to say I was very disappointed when I saw that GGG had added loot boxes. The idea behind them is at it's core predatory and exploitative. And to the guy saying nobody 16 or under has bought even ONE loot box or used a CC, really?
"
essemoni wrote:
"
lizzrdd wrote:
Spend 50 bux of your own cash on this crap and see how much bitching comes from it when you get a shitload of the same damn wings, back flag, what the fuck ever that thing is.

You pay your money, you take your chances....

Your missing the point of what I wrote. I understand that you play, you pay. What I had mentioned is that, while loot boxes are evil, some game companies that have them offer an alternative to duplicate items found in said boxes. I feel this is something GGG should consider, since they are obviously not going to get rid of these stupid things. It getting 20 copies of the same cosmetic item is shitty. And I realize that again, you play you pay. But, I think that in the long run it would benefit all parties if GGG tried to do something about it. Thats all I was trying to say.
I actually dont buy those damn things. The game I was referring to earlier sometimes has promotions where they give those rip off boxes away. Thats the only time I have ever gotten them. I have not gotten any here either. I would rather buy stash tabs, or if they ever decide to come out with some new hideout decorations, I would buy those. There is enough of the gamble feel with the crafting with this game.
"
megtron wrote:
Have to say I was very disappointed when I saw that GGG had added loot boxes. The idea behind them is at it's core predatory and exploitative. And to the guy saying nobody 16 or under has bought even ONE loot box or used a CC, really?

If they have, it was either with their parents' permission or illegally.

Either way, that's not on GGG.

And you're telling me that a company that uses an internal currency to obscure the prices of its products and markets its game as ethically free-to-play while making the game annoying to play without certain paid features (see: stash tabs) began its predatory marketing tactics with loot boxes?

The difference between us is that I think that someone who is unable to see through the marketing tactics is essentially a fool soon parted with their money. At some point you have to take responsibility for your own financial decisions. You can't blame capitalism for your financial woes forever.
"
sainthazard wrote:
"
megtron wrote:

If they have, it was either with their parents' permission or illegally.

If they have a steam account, you can buy points with steam gift cards.
OP should just ask his parents for more money.

Ill bet the answer is yes.

You might have to take out the trash first.
Last edited by Plunderer on Feb 2, 2018, 5:38:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info