[3.1] Freezing Pulse - Elementalist - Pen Stack - Guardian/Shaper/Uber Atziri Viable

hc viable?
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
hc viable?

I've never played hc so I'm not entirely sure about this, but I don't believe this would be very successful in hardcore if you plan on pushing end game content
If you get a 5L Realm Ender staff you can cruise till mid tier maps from level 40.
Since you are stacking Frost pen, what about frostbite?
"
St4hlh4gel wrote:
Since you are stacking Frost pen, what about frostbite?

You could use frostbite, however, it would require replacing warlord's mark/assassin's mark with blasphemy, as the setup allows for only one curse.
How you avoid stun ?
salvation
"
dgambo wrote:
How you avoid stun ?

Most of the mobs you go up against won't get the chance to stun you. However, if your damage is not high enough to perma freeze the content you are running, there are multiple ways of planning for this.

- Kiara's Determination (flask) - Stun Immunity during flask effect
- Soul of the Brine King (pantheon) to avoid chain stunning
- Boot Enchant (from lab) - (50%/65%/80%) chance to Avoid being Stunned if you've Killed Recently
- Passive Tree - You can always opt to rearrange for a more defensive setup by allocating some of your damage nodes to stun avoidance ones. There are 3 nodes just above the witch starting spot that total to 55% stun avoidance while casting. Nimbleness also provides 15%, but requires 4 additional passive points to reach this from the current tree set up.
- If you've got the currency for it, Skyforth is definitely a viable option. "Stun Threshold is based on 500% of your Mana instead of Life" passive comes from these, but are one of the most expensive items currently on the market.

To be honest, once you get your damage absurdly high, only guardians and onward will be of concern with regards to getting stunned. This is of course if they manage to hit you with their 50% blind you get from The Pandemonius. Usually when I run higher end content that has freeze immunity (guardians/shaper/atziri), I just play back a bit to give myself more time to react to mechanics. This of course results in less damage due to freezing pulse's decay mechanic, but allows for an easier time overall with the content.
I guess I missed something, or I am too tired too realize my mistake. I am not generating power charges.

EDIT: Yes, I did miss something. Disregard this, figured it out.
Last edited by Mrprofilen on Feb 3, 2018, 1:25:10 PM
Hi! I've been using your build since few days, I feel the damage is good but don't have armour/evasión or good leech, how do you survive to minotaur attacks or hard maps? I think all the energy shield is usefull coulkd be great to have more hp with life regen or life leech, what do you think about it? and last question, could be viable to change controlled destruction to increased critical damage support?I think could be a good choice maybe.
Thanks for all!
"
xDaviD__1993 wrote:
Hi! I've been using your build since few days, I feel the damage is good but don't have armour/evasión or good leech, how do you survive to minotaur attacks or hard maps? I think all the energy shield is usefull coulkd be great to have more hp with life regen or life leech, what do you think about it? and last question, could be viable to change controlled destruction to increased critical damage support?I think could be a good choice maybe.
Thanks for all!

For Minotaur attacks and hard hitters, you can slot a basalt flask in place of wise oak to help with phyiscal damage mitigation, as well as taking the physical damage mitigation pantheons. Blind should also be in effect, giving an effective 50% evade chance. Most of the time when I play against harder content, I play back a bit to give myself more time to react to mechanics at the cost of some dps.

The energy shield acts more as a buffer for damage mitigation to help prevent 1 shots, since the build does not dedicate anything to faster energy shield regen. You can stack more health, but may find it difficult to obtain the same amount of eHP from the current setup without losing damage (rework tree, change gear, etc). As far as life leech, I'm not sure how to gain access to any more past what the current setup has (warlord's mark, boot enchant, atziri's promise).

For the gem comparison, controlled destruction gives almost 175,000 more dps compared to increased critical damage (this was compared using fully buffed dps with shaper resistances applied).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info