Auction House (AH) still not implemented yet...

"
Miská wrote:
"
andreicde wrote:

There is already botting happening lol, have you not dealt with folks you msg and get an automatic message right away and a trade invite?

Edit: Keep in mind, I'm talking about a customized message on how ''item name'' is ready for pick up, not a ''sure'' or just a normal trade invite with no words.

Stop talking nonsense, those aren't bots. It's a trade tool available right here on the forums. Educating yourself alittle bit wouldn't hurt.

Definition of bots: An Internet bot, also known as web robot, WWW robot or simply bot, is a software application that runs automated tasks (scripts) over the Internet. Typically, bots perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone

You call it a ''trade tool available on the forum'', so sure, we could call it a legal botting trade tool that GGG lets it slide which is questionable to say the least.
I'm just glad GGG ignores the forum and does their own thing. Imagine how terrible this game would be if they took every whining thread on here seriously.

The guy above me summed it up: They said no to an auction house, they don't want one, we don't want on, you won't get one, deal with. Stop making threads about it.
"
andreicde wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
"
andreicde wrote:

There is already botting happening lol, have you not dealt with folks you msg and get an automatic message right away and a trade invite?

Edit: Keep in mind, I'm talking about a customized message on how ''item name'' is ready for pick up, not a ''sure'' or just a normal trade invite with no words.

Stop talking nonsense, those aren't bots. It's a trade tool available right here on the forums. Educating yourself alittle bit wouldn't hurt.

Definition of bots: An Internet bot, also known as web robot, WWW robot or simply bot, is a software application that runs automated tasks (scripts) over the Internet. Typically, bots perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone

You call it a ''trade tool available on the forum'', so sure, we could call it a legal botting trade tool that GGG lets it slide which is questionable to say the least.

Stop being pedantic. To answer you still need to click something. It simply makes it easier to respond to people without being a typewriter. This has nothing to do with botting. You should take your losses and stop making yourself look like a fool.
Here is an interesting point about botting.

let's say I use automated text software.

One click accepts invite, one click accepts trade one click to send predefined messages.

That's 3 clicks alias by GGG standards "Human interaction in it's purest form"

Ok, what if I pay a group of people to do this three clicks. They won't be doing anything else, other than get my list of buyers and do this 3 clicks for let's say two hours for 20C per hour.

Do they become a bot? Is this proper human interaction we strive for?

If a person who works in a job, where he does one monotonous repeating thing 8 hours per day, does he become a bot?

Am I a bot?
Last edited by Sixtysan on Jan 23, 2018, 4:07:34 AM
"
keeperofstars wrote:
Auction house's have screwed over ever eco-system in every game they were implemented into.

Think about how bad price fixing would be if there was zero limitations to the people doing it.

Right now to price fix requires a lot of effort, with an AH and bots able to skim through it all day, people would easily price fix / screw any and all values up.

I could simply leave a bot running on the 2nd instance of POE running and have it buying any ex for less than what I set up then force the community to pay what I want for ex.

A few guilds were already in trouble for doing cordinated price fixing. It's the same reason they ended up white listing the main API sites and letting the other ones get a 1 minute delay to prevent item scalping prior to indexing.

so if there are people running API scrapers, and beating refresh indexes on key price items so they can try and price fix. What you think will happen when it's all automated and they don't even have to slow down to get to the person?

PoE already has AH. Be it PoE.trade, or build-in search tool - it is actually an AH too. A clunky, frustrating and abusable, but it IS AH. And it "screws eco-system" just in the same way as AH with instant b/o will.
So why dont make it more friendly to players and allow instant buyouts?
Game should be done FOR PLAYERS, not AGAINST BOTS. You say it as if you want to make a game AGAINST BOTS!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Please, offline selling system
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

PoE already has AH.

lolz, no.

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Be it PoE.trade, or build-in search tool - it is actually an AH too.

umm... still no. you might want to look up the definition for this term.

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
A clunky, frustrating and abusable, but it IS AH.

*facepalm*

no, it IS just an indexer.

[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Instead of AH i hope GGG will share a price list for Unique items and rare affix/suffixes in this year.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
Raxxxis wrote:
Not sure how many years it has been, but there is still no AH. Can we get it up and running please? The sole reason for not having one, that being "it promotes player interaction", is null and void as players join another players hideout, open trade, trade occurs, players drop group.

The reason (given repeatedly by GGG) is actually that it destroys the gear progression model, by rendering all loot drops pointless - and, consequently, makes the game vastly less engaging. Since they want to make a game that is fun to play, they don't want trade to be "too easy" to avoid people skipping most of the gameplay.

We could argue if that succeeds at all or not - I'm on the not side, btw - but you should target your global comments at the real issue that GGG talk about when they say that, no, easier trade is not a thing they are willing to do.

"
keeperofstars wrote:
Auction house's have screwed over ever eco-system in every game they were implemented into.

This, also, is completely irrelevant to the reasons that GGG do not do this. Not that you are exactly wrong: if you don't want to turn your game into a spreadsheet simulator, it is necessary to exclude the best items from the auction house, as well as to implement some sort of drain on the items in the game to stop them just becoming essentially "free" to all players through unlimited supply.

"
Player089 wrote:
The guy above me summed it up: They said no to an auction house, they don't want one, we don't want on, you won't get one, deal with. Stop making threads about it.

The first half of this is accurate. The second half is probably one of the silliest places to insist that "we", as in the players of PoE, "don't want on[e]". This thread is literally players saying they do want one. You ... you are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
Last edited by SlippyCheeze on Jan 23, 2018, 2:50:40 PM
"
Raxxxis wrote:
that players want to interact. They don't. Players in-game are no different to their real life persona -- the least time spent with people they don't already know, the better.

This is so NOT true

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info