Stories from Development: What came from the Original Design?

Hah! good reading :)

some of the changes not implemented would be interesting to see though, I liked the Wells back in D2 times, replenishing flask charges, it gives it sort of challenge, importance. But I think it would be too gamebreaking to implement them nowadays looking at how some of the gems and items work :P

year 2014 - best! :)
H I D E O U T s
♥ ♥ ♥
it's one of the top features, one can barely see something as this in quite huge spectrum of games
would be a mindblowing epicness to have the option in the future of PoE to be able Save/Load layouts of our hideouts, or setting up NPC Shops inside of them, aaaand...to be able to share one's hideout schematics across the community. but well... this belongs into Suggestions section :D

Ascendancy, with it's masterfull feature to the game - The L A B Y R I N T H...
ooh what a marvelous shinie jool of famous idea is that! ♥

And nowadays... the gorgeous overhaul of the boring repeatedness of 4 Acts in 3 difficulties...turning into wondrous 10 Acts of S T O R Y ...

GG GGG :)
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
This is awesome. I love seeing how much work you put into this game and how you share your progress through years. I'm proud to be your fan.

Also I think that Passive tree history read would be extraordinary.

<3
I just want to say GGG - I love you and thanks for being really focused and good developers. That's really all I have to say.
Thanks for sharing these info o/.
What about those 'paid leagues' you promised 6 years ago?

Still waiting...
I am very curious about ideas you had in your original GDD that didn't make the cut, and ideas then ended up in a VERY different state.
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
"
Kavlor wrote:
"
Ten Acts: No. This was decided in late 2016. Until then, we had five planned acts and a difficulty level structure.

??? Hmm I distinctely remember 10 acts being planned from very early on.

So.. if You remember such things. They were probably from some of this or other of mine accounts

Nope
Chris Wilson and others mentioned "10 acts" in the sense of providing new story content consistently and supporting the game for "a decade" at least. Ten acts were not actually conceptualized.

I post once a year at most perhaps. This time I had to do it because I feel like a very core aspect of the game came straight from an old alpha member named @nessa.

I haven't seen him since those days but @nessa was the one who suggested different starting points for classes in the passive tree and he strongly defended that idea for quite some time back then. Now PoE's whole unique passive tree relies on that design.

This speaks volumes for to what degree GGG implements community feedback into the game although they also succeeded at implementing their initial plans for large part of the game.

GGG is a quite rare game developer indeed.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
When I got to the passive tree, I remembered watching https://youtu.be/C7hyUnvksqk recently and knowing there was no shadow and everyone was Scion centered in the tree.
I'd love to see a gallery with all the skill trees across time! Thanks for your awesome work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info