To those who play Warframe

Do you ever have crashes? Did you? If so, how did you fix it?

Wife plays and gets crashes. Same on old PC. (Same card, new PC). But apparently it's happening to people with different cards, chipsets, etc. She followed directions on forum and still has issue.

Any ideas?
Censored.
Last bumped on Jul 30, 2018, 7:50:41 PM
Is it just warframe that's crashing the computer? Does it crash if you stress test with kombustor or something similar? The game has been stable for me with my laptop (some i7/ gtx 960m) and two desktops (ryzen 7/ 1070, i7 6700k/970). I had some crashes with my old desktop but I think it was from a bad psu.
Just Warframe. Brand new PC but it did it on old one too. Same card. There are quite a few crash reports and she has done what they say with settings. Just wondering if someone had it and fixed it.
Censored.
Koly, I recommend she run this program here:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Uninstall the graphics drivers with DDU, then reinstall.

Depending on the GPU, she might want to use legacy drivers if it's really old, and not the newest ones.

You also might want to check and see if anyone else is having problems with crashes with the particular driver + GPU combo you got. There could be known issues with certain games.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jan 21, 2018, 7:55:09 AM
Thanks! Useful program beats what I usually do is scrubbing by hand. I tried rolling back drivers and no difference. The weird thing is crash seems to be affecting folks with all kinds of cards, I don't know what all.

I'm thinking:

1) Maybe I will install it on my machine and see if it crashes even though I have no time for any other games at this point

2) Wait and see if they fix it with a patch

She is not alone from what I see on their forum.
Censored.
I played warframe for about 10hrs about a year ago, and it never crashed on me. I was using an AMD GPU. Most of the people I've heard who got issues are using Nvidia.
Keep us posted, kolyaboo. It's been pretty stable for me and mine, across five pcs and four ps4s. Buggy as hell in a lot of ways but nothing in the neighbourhood of regular hard crashes.

Also, slightly to the left of things, I'm inferring that she plays and you don't. If so, that's a little saddening. It's a surprisingly good couples game, since it's mostly pve, quite difficult to outlevel each other, and can be played in short bursts or long runs.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Yeah, I haven't tried it yet. As I said in another post, my plate is kinda full of games now and I have a bit less free time to boot.

I was thinking of installing it and seeing if it crashed for me. We both have Nvidia but different cards.

She has not played it in a week because of the crashing. :( She got the Witcher 3.
Censored.
Well, you know how it goes. Something better came along.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
True, that! But in this case it isn't something better, it's something that doesn't frustrate with technical issues. :)
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info