understanding Of Ban conditions

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Not sure how it can be misleading, if a base player can't do what you are doing it is cheating giving you an unfair advantage, there are few exception to that rule.

According to your post, if i'm using notepad to keep history of maps dropped - it is cheating giving me unfair advantage because PoE itself don't provide way to do this normally. That's why i'm calling your definition misleading.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Not sure how it can be misleading, if a base player can't do what you are doing it is cheating giving you an unfair advantage, there are few exception to that rule.

According to your post, if i'm using notepad to keep history of maps dropped - it is cheating giving me unfair advantage because PoE itself don't provide way to do this normally. That's why i'm calling your definition misleading.

Your comment seems intellectually dishonest, at best. Keeping a log of your activity does not provide any unfair advantage, whether it's typing it in Notepad or writing with a pencil on a physical notepad. More importantly, it's not an *automated* process, and is, as a matter of fact, something any player can do with nothing but basic tools.

Now, if your map logging is a piece of software that watches PoE's memory and jots down which map drops where and when, and could possibly predict with a machine learning algorithm when and where the next map will drop, that might get you banned.

You get the idea, right? I don't need to keep beating this dead horse, right?

I mean, you're being dumb on purpose, to troll the thread... right?
"
um0papisdn wrote:
Keeping a log of your activity does not provide any unfair advantage, whether it's typing it in Notepad or writing with a pencil on a physical notepad.

This is not my argument. I just provided example of why this argument cannot be used.

"
um0papisdn wrote:
More importantly, it's not an *automated* process

You are wrong. May be you were confused because this program has general usage and is not dedicated exclusively for POE. But since 'Notepad' is a program, it IS automatization (purpose of any program is automatization). For clarification, we can replace 'notepad' with any other program which has general usage (mouse macro for example).

"
um0papisdn wrote:
, and is, as a matter of fact, something any player can do with nothing but basic tools.

Your opinion of what tools are basic is subjective. Most of us are using OS Windows, and there is something called WinAPI which IS basic tool of this OS. Any player can use it if he learn how to, but not everything made with it is legal, right?
It was argument to provide simple message - you should not confuse between subjective opinion and facts.

"
um0papisdn wrote:

Now, if your map logging is a piece of software that watches PoE's memory and jots down which map drops where and when, and could possibly predict with a machine learning algorithm when and where the next map will drop, that might get you banned.

You get the idea, right? I don't need to keep beating this dead horse, right?

Your 'argumentation' is 'brilliant'. You took 'notepad' (which has no relation to POE and was an abstract example) as alpha and you took 'memory reading' (which is clearly considered as cheating in any multiplayer game) as omega and you pretending like there is nothing else in between. And after this trick you behave as if your opinion is already proven. While i'm still have no idea what your opinion is.

"
um0papisdn wrote:
I mean, you're being dumb on purpose, to troll the thread... right?

This is not nice to call 'dumb' someone who's arguments you just can't understand. Please take your time before answering to understand subject of discussion.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
if whatever app/script/whatever allows you to do something that a normal user can't do then you should consider it bannable

This is sounds like extremely misleading information. The whole point of any utility program is to provide way to do something you can't normally do [in the game].

If you feel that what you are using is fine but have not confirmed it with support then you have no one to blame for any future ban.

"
wow, thats crazy...
I have spent 200 dollars on this game so far wouldn't want to get ban...

because i can trade better that is wow.

how come its an issue if its no messing with the game files?

it dose not matter if it dose or not, the term "unfair advantage" is something that is commonly used when desribing cheats/hacks/bots and other stuff.

The point is email support and ask, keep yourself safe.

From just before xmas

You would think GGG would have safe add-ons like WoW without getting ban. and all the other games i ever played like this...

Being this is the best game I ever played im shocked there is no add-on mods that you can use.

As far as unfair if everyone could use the mod or add-on they want that does not give you an advantage of cheating it would make sense.

There are youtube videos about these add-ons that have these add-ons. it's not a secret or anything but that is a big wow. I hope one day an addon section comes. a game that you play from 4 to 6 hours a day to maybe a week. it would be nice to pick different things to feel different from other players.
So what about software that tells me my dps because in-game dps seems to be so wrong?

I feel like loot filter for an example anyone can use it but a base player may not know if they don't have the knowledge of how to use a loot filter. just like anything thing else that could be added to make a cool display like what's my real dps or changing the color of my ui or even the poeprice add on how much stuff cost.

however the only fact that I have received was contact support..and I will I just hope im not sad at the end of the day.

Last edited by Dontbejello on Jan 17, 2018, 11:15:24 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
poelab compass is bannable.

I'm curious here: why? Specifically, why do GGG say this is bannable, and where do they say that?

Unless it has added new features, it just reads the client log -- which is well established to be a legit thing to do -- and throws an overlay on the screen. This is not particularly different from looking at the maps on their website, in terms of how much interaction with the game there is.

(Not to mention they were happy with a different tool that, yeah, reads the client log, and announces if you landed in an Abyss underground area with a Lich or not.)
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
The point is email support and ask, keep yourself safe.

From just before xmas

A couple of days ago I tried to trade with somebody. The item was sold, but I thanked them for answering me anyway, and they said it was easy with mercury trade. Didn't know what that was, so answered something that turned out to be rather odd, but never mind that :D

Today I looked it up, found it on github and this thread, amongst others. Presumably GGG is okay with using this overlay, which they had not yet taken a stand on from the above screenshot. When did this happen, and is it in fact okay to use MercuryTrade now?

I haven't sold a single item yet, but it looks quite useful. And since it's a Java application, it will probably run fine from my Linux system as well. But I'd naturally want to know if it is okay or not first.

Same goes for Poelab compass really. Doubt that would work well on my rig (and I like exploring the place on my own anyway), but they're using it on poelab (obviously) so I assume GGG is okay with it?
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Jun 29, 2018, 6:04:02 PM
Y'all need to read Sarno's guide to which macros are allowed, which is filled with GGG quotes. Whether or not a macro is giving you an advantage, "unfair" or not (however you define that), does not matter at all. All that matters is what the macro does. If the macro performs one action for one input, and is not automated in any way, it is allowed.

A logout macro certainly gives one an advantage, especially in Hardcore. Yet it is allowed.

I could make a macro that opens and closes the MTX store every second. It would give me no advantage at all (you could say it would even hinder my gameplay), but it would most definitely be banned as it is automating some actions.

If you are not sure about a specific feature of a specific macro, you can always ask support (support@grindinggear.com) yourself. They tend to get back to you pretty fast when it comes to rules questions. Tell them exactly what you are trying to do, don't just ask "is MercuryTrade allowed", because then GGG would have to look specifically into all features of the macro and would have to give you a most general answer including any possible edge cases. (Which might not be what you're looking for.)
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jun 29, 2018, 10:31:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info