understanding Of Ban conditions

Okay i was reading i pretty old forum message about someone who got banned...
but a few people was saying that third party software and loot filters will get you banned
i was watching a few known vloggers who use the poelab compass and
a trade macro where you can look up prices and stuff

i dont want to get banned for using these softwares is this forum just old or is these third party software bannable?
Last bumped on Jun 29, 2018, 9:50:52 PM
You can absolutely use any loot filter you like (its a feature built by GGG, only customizable by others).

You can use trade macros (mercurytrade, poetrademacro etc).

What you cannot do is use any third party software that allows you to perform multiple server actions with a single keypress or any software that reads/modified things in the game memory. Most common one here is a flask macro that hits all 5 flasks with a single keypress. That would not be allowed.

~Myth
Okay i see what about a software that makes your ui look different i was reading the ToS and just got worried.

what you talking about sounds like anything that cheats
Last edited by Dontbejello on Jan 16, 2018, 1:01:05 AM
"
Mythkiller wrote:
You can absolutely use any loot filter you like (its a feature built by GGG, only customizable by others).

You can use trade macros (mercurytrade, poetrademacro etc).

What you cannot do is use any third party software that allows you to perform multiple server actions with a single keypress or any software that reads/modified things in the game memory. Most common one here is a flask macro that hits all 5 flasks with a single keypress. That would not be allowed.

~Myth

Okay i see what about a software that makes your UI look different i was reading the ToS and just got worried.

what you talking about sounds like anything that cheats
As long as its just overlaying to make your UI look different (like in the case of mercuryTrade), you're fine as nothing is actually messing with the game files or clients.

~Myth
"
Mythkiller wrote:
As long as its just overlaying to make your UI look different (like in the case of mercuryTrade), you're fine as nothing is actually messing with the game files or clients.

~Myth

okay yes i believe thats what it does i wouldnt never use anything to mod the game to cheat anyway.

but if my energy can be purple from an overlay im all smiles right now.
FYI mercury trade is border line atm, GGG deciding if they are going to start banning people as more than a few of it's functions break the ToS.

poelab compass is bannable.

Basically ATM, it is quite simple, if whatever app/script/whatever allows you to do something that a normal user can't do then you should consider it bannable, the exception being a logout macro (under certain conditions, like not automating it)

If you really wanted to know you should email support with what you are thinking of using and they will tell you if it's OK.

As for "ban conditions" as with every games ToS they can ban you for anything/everything or no reason at all (though that isn't likely)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
FYI mercury trade is border line atm, GGG deciding if they are going to start banning people as more than a few of it's functions break the ToS.

poelab compass is bannable.

Basically ATM, it is quite simple, if whatever app/script/whatever allows you to do something that a normal user can't do then you should consider it bannable, the exception being a logout macro (under certain conditions, like not automating it)

If you really wanted to know you should email support with what you are thinking of using and they will tell you if it's OK.

As for "ban conditions" as with every games ToS they can ban you for anything/everything or no reason at all (though that isn't likely)

wow, thats crazy...
I have spent 200 dollars on this game so far wouldn't want to get ban...

because i can trade better that is wow.

how come its an issue if its no messing with the game files?
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
if whatever app/script/whatever allows you to do something that a normal user can't do then you should consider it bannable

This is sounds like extremely misleading information. The whole point of any utility program is to provide way to do something you can't normally do [in the game].
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
if whatever app/script/whatever allows you to do something that a normal user can't do then you should consider it bannable

This is sounds like extremely misleading information. The whole point of any utility program is to provide way to do something you can't normally do [in the game].

Not sure how it can be misleading, if a base player can't do what you are doing it is cheating giving you an unfair advantage, there are few exception to that rule.
If you feel that what you are using is fine but have not confirmed it with support then you have no one to blame for any future ban.

"
wow, thats crazy...
I have spent 200 dollars on this game so far wouldn't want to get ban...

because i can trade better that is wow.

how come its an issue if its no messing with the game files?

it dose not matter if it dose or not, the term "unfair advantage" is something that is commonly used when desribing cheats/hacks/bots and other stuff.

The point is email support and ask, keep yourself safe.

From just before xmas

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info