Path of Exile Talent Competition 2018

A Thing of the Past

My submission!
Art is by me :)

The picture represents Kitava's past form, the statue, and his now current form burning it away.
Last edited by CakeTopper on Jan 16, 2018, 7:12:00 PM
https://soundcloud.com/zeev_us/outside-inside-the-hologram

A song from my second album. It wasn't written for POE but based on the lyrics it could be The Shaper's Theme.

wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Sheld- Orb

Last edited by BavarianXile on Jan 16, 2018, 8:20:22 PM
Last edited by Xiniu_ on Oct 20, 2021, 9:21:27 PM
I've spent several hours, so far, recreating Wraeclast in Minecraft. I intend to recreate the entire 10 Acts, but that's going to take a while, so I'm submitting what I have done so far, up to the Mud Flats. Below is a short video showing what I've done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROO44rvmJHM&
Last edited by Tolang on Jan 16, 2018, 10:18:12 PM
Nice, time to dust-off my sculpting tools, there's some things ive wanned to do for a while, now its the chance!
hmm, I just want some clarification. Can this competition be about concept art or it has to be within the existing content? For example, Can it be a design of future ACT map, or new epic boss, or something new that is still within realm of POE?

"Still sane exile?"
"My head is on fire ma'am, probably not."
This probably won't get popular as much as graphical stuff but lets roll on with a small fanfic!

“The worlds forgotten, the Exiles forsaken”

Murderers, Looters, Heretics, Raiders… we have one common denominator, Exiles. Left on this scrap of land where dead don’t feel as dead as they should. Some of us settle down and find their own peace in the surrounding chaos, others devote their lives to seek their revenge, there’s also another group of us, the most numerous, they now walk among the other corpses risen by the powers of this god-forsaken land called Wraeclast. And which group do I belong to? None of them, that’s what I thought at first. But then I met her. Clothed in crimson surrounded by an unnatural aura, her hair kissed by fire. “Would you like to serve far greater purpose?” asked she on our first encounter. I have never been serving any purpose. Neither in Oriath nor in Wraeclast. Yet there was something about her, something unusual. This time curiosity took over logic and so I followed her. Zana, as was her name, took me to the place where so called “Atlas of Worlds” has been buried. I wasn’t the only one. She managed to assemble several more exiles. Roughly counting I was 27th. Even though we’ve heard of deeds of the others, fall of Dominus, death of The Beast, she shrugged their achievements as if they were nothing, meaningless just as our life compared to the iron grip of eternity. She lied down maps before us, showing multiple vistas, and asked for our help in completing the atlas. I couldn’t refuse. We were to become first ones to discover new lands and I sought an opportunity to claim a piece of it for myself. Didn’t know at the time how wrong I was. We’ve spread and that was the last time we have seen one another. Venturing through unknown lands I’ve seen everything, beauty of the order and abominations alike. I walked deserts and chopped my way through jungles. I’ve seen mountains and ridges, rivers and seas. I’ve seen them two fighting for dominance and witnessed the land around them consumed by corruption. Yet I continued my journey forward as I finally felt I’ve found my very own path on this exile. Days, months, years? How many of them passed? I’ve lost count, I’ve lost interest the same way you’ve lost interest in us! Yet now you stand before me, bringing one another pawn to your game. Am I still sane you ask? What do you think, Zana? Can a person be sane after all this? What if I tell you I walk on the edge of day and night, between sanity and madness? But don’t you fret too much I have the most sane answer you might expect from the likes of me. I do see difference between good and evil and I also can see the difference between being a guest and an intruder, Master Cartographer… And that’s where the mad part starts…
Last edited by Vankhan on Jan 18, 2018, 10:25:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info