[3.1] 8500+ Life Pathfinder Popcorn Factory | LvL 100 ! | All contents cleared |(BLS Molten Strike)

3.1 Pathfinder Brutus' Lead Sprinkler Molten Strike

_WhySoSerious_Wisetime

Abyss Softcore League

(DPS Check + Shaper beam tanking in action)

Lvl 100

Lvl 100 PoB
https://pastebin.com/VKp272zU

I have reached lvl 100 + 40 challenges in abyss softcore league using this build, and have cleared all contents

including :
- Shaper and 4 guardians
- Red Elder and his guardians
- Uber atziri
- Uber Lab
- Vaal temple map

All deathless

This build synergises with various mechanics provided by patch 3.1, such as
- New watcher's eye unique jewel
- New abyss jewels
- Rework of Vaal pact
- Ancestral call

Pros & Cons

Pros:

- Not that expensive to get started
- Great dps
- Great clear speed
- Very high life pool. (8500 +)
- No Vaal Pact -> High life regen (1k+ /s)
- Only skip ele reflect map
- Satisfying Popcorns

Cons

- Playing melee skill might not be enjoyable if you are not used to it. If you get used to it, its perfectly fine
- positioning can be a bit of hassle
- Can't run ele reflect
- Matching 3 resistances for wise oak is a pain in the ass
- Might cause lag in underperforming PCs

Mechanics & How it works

We build around this unique item

Which gains local flat fire damage as we stack up strength. We use this strength stacking mechanism to achieve very high life pool, while still maintaining very high dps thanks to this weapon.

I currently have around 920 Strength while wearing headhunter, but if you use an abyss belt with flat strength and % Attribute, you will get around 960 strengths.

920 strength basically translates to 460 Flat life, which is scaled by our high life % we took from passive tree. (218% increased maximum life)

We also take Iron Grip passive

Which let us convert our 184% increased physical damage from 920 strength to apply to our moltenstrike attack and projectiles for 184% increased attack and projectile damage.

We also take Point Blank passive, since it's free more multiplier to our molten strike projectiles, since they only travel very small distance.

Why Molten strike & how do you sustain?

Molten strike is a skill with one of the highest dps potential throughout the game because of the skill's mechanic.

Molten strike has a primary hit (Melee) and secondary hit (Projectiles), and the projectiles from secondary hit can overlap on a single target dealing massive amount of damage. (aka shotgunning)

Therefore, we can increase the projectiles fired from secondary hit to achieve higher damage, which we can get from :

Molten strike -> 3 projectiles

Helm enchant -> + 3 projectiles

Dying sun -> + 2 projectiles

2 * Wildfire jewels -> + 4 projectiles

For a total of 12 projectiles from one single attack.

Furthermore, we can use the mechanic of ancestral call to our advantage on bosses by intentionally missing the first primary melee hit. This triggers two ancestral calls on the enemy, each summoning 12 projectiles for a total of 36 projectiles from single attack. Combine this with my 6 aps, you get whooping 216 projectiles every second.

However realistically, unless you are attacking a mob with very huge hit box, you are not going to hit all of those 216 projectiles. So most of the time, you are only going to hit around 50~60% of the projectiles, which is still 108 projectiles hitting one single enemy every second.

We also use molten strike for clearing as well, since molten strike combined with ancestral call still clears really well with high speed.

As for life sustain,

1. Leech

- We take attack leech nodes in duelist area for generic leech

2. Life gain on hit

- We use the new Watcher's eye unique jewel for life gain on hit.

that 27 life gained on hit applies to all of our attacks. Which basically means, if we hit 108 projectiles per second on average, we are going to get 2916 life gained per second on top of leech & regen we get.

3. Life Regen

- We take life regen nodes on our tree, and combine that with a sulphur flask & Vitality for a total of 1400 life regeneration/s

4. Increased life recovery rate

- The 30% increased life recovery rate we get from the watcher's eye jewel multiplies with our leech rate and life regen. This is crazy good. Use it if you can.

5. Soul of Arakaali (Arachnoxia)

- This pantheon provides 50% increased life recovery rate if you have stopped taking DoT recently. We use blood rage + cwdt/immortal call setup to provide us massive amount of boost to our leech and regen, while immortal call is active. (Immortal call lasts about 2~3 seconds with 3 endurance charges)

If the pantheon procs, I get around 5k life regen, and 6k life leeched per second + ~2900 life gain on hit. All this together for ~14000 life recoverey per second.

Offences & Defences

Offence

1. Synergy of molten strike with number of projectiles

- Go read 'Why Molten strike & how do you sustain?' section

2. High fire penetration.

- Pathfinder Ascendency -> + 10%
- Fire penetration support -> 37%
- Wise oak -> 18%
- Lava Lash passive - > 8 %
- xoph's blood -> 10%

For a total of 83% Fire penetration. Pretty much inquisitor, aye?

3. Iron Grip

- As mentioned above, gives 184% increased damage to our molten strike projectiles from our 920 strengths

4. Point Blank

- Free damage

5. Lycosidae

- Frees up our jewelry & passive tree from accuracy

6. Elemental overload

- With so many projectiles, E/O is up pretty much 100% even on bosses

Defence

1. High life pool

- As of lvl 99, if I equip a rare belt,

I have 9000 life. around 8800 with a headhunter

2. Life gain on hit / Leech / Regen

- Go read 'Why Molten strike & how do you sustain?' section

3. Wise oak

- I have exact same resistances for all three resists with my dying sun and Wise oak. This gives us another huge defence layer from elemental damage.

4. Fortify

5. High mobility from shield charg / Leap slam

6. You are pathfinder

Gear Choice

My Gear

Weapon

Irreplaceable

Shield

Irreplaceable, but if you are playing on a really low budget, use a rare shield with high strength/life/res

Chest

Use whichever chest that suits your taste. I chose belly for high life and resists.

(does not have to be shaped. I chanced shaped belly just for giggles)

Helm

The most important thing from helm is the +3 molten strike projectile enchant. This enchant single handedly boosts our damage and survivability by a large amount, but is quite pricey.

Can be replaced with Starkonja's or devotos.

If you are looking for a rare helm, look for str/life/resist

Boots

Irreplaceable. really cheap too.

Look for fire damage if killed recently or increased attack/cast speed if killed recently enchant.

Gloves

Look for rare with str/life/resist, and if you can afford it, attack speed is really nice.

Can be replaced with 2 socket tombfist, but I prefer rare glove

Rings & Amulet

Look for strength/life/elemental damage with weapon/resist

You have to be really careful when buying your gear in general if you are planning to match your resists for wiseoak. Plan thoroughly before starting to buy your gears

Best in slot for the ammy, but quite expensive.

Until you can afford it, use rare ammy with tons of strength/life/elemental damage with weapon

Belt

Look for elder abyss belt with strength/life/%attribute/resists.

Headhunter is best for mapping

Jewels

Your number one priority should be getting the watcher's eye jewel with '# life gained for each enemies hit by your attacks while affected by vitality' mod. Do not worry about the increased life recovery while affected by vitality until you have helm enchant, xoph's blood, lycosidae, and other gears sorted out.

Use rare jewels to match your three resists for wise oak. If you have room, get life/attack speed/damage

I used red nightmare for endurance charge generation. This increased our immortal call duration, which massively boosts our defences due to arakaali pantheon. (read above sections)

Flasks

1. Dying sun -> Amazing for molten strike, boosts our max fire res. If you cant afford it, use a magic ruby flasks.
2. Wise oak -> Amazing for our damage, and for our elemental defences. Try to match your resistances so they are all same, and you will benefit from these two mods for all elemetns. (fire/cold/lightning)
3. Sulphur flask of warding -> 40% increased damage, consecrated ground gives us nice boost to our regen, and warding flasks comes in handy when mapping.
4. Silver flask -> Onslaught gives us 20% Movement speed/attackspeed/castspeed
5. Quicksilver flask -> self explanatory, alchemists & Adrenaline is best.

Gem setup

(All in order of importance)

1. Molten Strike

2. Shiled Charge / Leap Slam

3. Aura

Portal gem can be replaced for a golem of your choice

4. CWDT Immortal call + enfeeble

5. Blood rage + Vaal haste

6. Ancestral Protector

Passive tree & Ascendancy Choice

lvl 40 : https://pastebin.com/5ZH2wB11

lvl 60 : https://pastebin.com/8JnypVPT

lvl 80 : https://pastebin.com/2CXsTtNk

lvl 99 : https://pastebin.com/mv69eNBZ

Lvl 100 (Current) : https://pastebin.com/VKp272zU

Ascendancy :

Nature's Boon -> Master Alchemists -> Veteran Bowyer -> Nature's Adrenaline

bandit choice

Kill all for 2 passive points

or

Help kraityn

Map Mods

We can run no leech since we have life gain on hit from vitality jewel.

Only reroll ele reflect.

P.s, I'm getting to many pms, please leave a comment down below if you have any questions.
Last edited by Stillbee on Jan 23, 2018, 11:31:45 PM
Last bumped on May 23, 2018, 6:46:10 AM
U'r build looks awesome,rly wanna try it but can't atm afford these item
Last edited by epicplayeryod on Jan 12, 2018, 5:44:42 AM
Looks Awesome
This build can choice Raider?I don't like Pathfinder image
and can you show your build (Molten Strike) DPS?
Last edited by po4622000 on Jan 12, 2018, 9:40:02 PM
Molten dps is negligible since the most of the damage comes from the projectiles, but i could grab a sceenshot for you when i get a hold of my pc soon
Potentially can't you do more damage if you somehow managed roll Opal rings with the right resistances?

Shit's pretty legit. I think your DPS maxed out is pretty insane. Mathematically even if you only hit like 50 balls is like 4.5 million.

I actually tried a somewhat similar build as Slayer and I didn't like it very much as a Slayer because of the conditional damage. Think Pathfinder actually ends up with way more damage with full 100% pen. Also, I was thinking of running an Elder chest with +Str, %Str, and Life but that would drop the res and life a little.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jan 13, 2018, 6:40:36 PM
Can someone take a look at my gear and tell me what am i doing wrong? I've got only 6.3k life and damage is not that impressive. I do realize im missing stuff, like Dying sun and helm enchant, but i'm nowhere near STR levels from the OP. Ignore added cold gem, was just messing with it and forgot to replace it before logging out
Last edited by Shomix on Jan 14, 2018, 4:04:08 PM
"
Shomix wrote:
Can someone take a look at my gear and tell me what am i doing wrong? I've got only 6.3k life and damage is not that impressive. I do realize im missing stuff, like Dying sun and helm enchant, but i'm nowhere near STR levels from the OP. Ignore added cold gem, was just messing with it and forgot to replace it before logging out

You are missing alot of strength on rolls and you are also missing elemental overload which is a 40% more multiplier (massive deal).
Thank you for this build. This build is absolutely disgusting. I have been looking for a build with high survivability, damage and clear speed. I never post on the forums but this build is really top tier. Bosses melt, trash melts, everything melts.

Currently at level 88 with 8100 life and can't wait to hit 8500.

Thanks again.
How do you sustain mana w/o a mana pot? I struggle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info