[3.1] 8500+ Life Pathfinder Popcorn Factory | LvL 100 ! | All contents cleared |(BLS Molten Strike)

Is it even worth for me to consider doing this build if I can't afford the mainhand / shield yet? Like will I be totally garbage without them until I manage to get them? Any good budget recommendations?
"
Atrofex wrote:
Is it even worth for me to consider doing this build if I can't afford the mainhand / shield yet? Like will I be totally garbage without them until I manage to get them? Any good budget recommendations?

I would advise you to only go for a Molten Strike build with that low of a budget if you really, really want to play Molten Strike and nothing else. It might be the better idea to go for a more budget build and farm up some currency before revisiting Molten Strike because I always feel like Molten Strike only really starts to shine with the +3 balls enchant (8ex+) and Dying Sun (5-6ex).

But to answer your specific questions: You can't do this build without sprinkler, however you can do another Molten Strike build that just uses an ele foil (a 30c one should be enough to get you started), the shield is not 100% needed but not having it will make any MS build much weaker, and no, I don't think it will be total garbage, you should be able to farm low and mid tier maps without any problems (workaround for farming lower maps for currency to buy the shield: Get Resolute Technique and don't take Elemental Overload until you have Lycosidae)
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 21, 2018, 10:40:50 AM
Great guide, did you attempt HOGM yet?
IGN: _Jacky
I get wrecked by the block aegis regen cwdt tank, but can clear everyone else with current setup. If i actually use 20/20 block reduction gem, I believe i can full clear HoGM
how bad of a dps loss is it if you replace xophs with biscos? i wanna try using biscos for some tier 10/9 farming, and possibly higher if i dont need xophs for some red tier maps
also, i managed to snag a watcher's eye with only the life gained on hit mod, is it worth using just for that mod or is watcher's eye useless without both of them?
"
liekmudkips wrote:
how bad of a dps loss is it if you replace xophs with biscos? i wanna try using biscos for some tier 10/9 farming, and possibly higher if i dont need xophs for some red tier maps

"
liekmudkips wrote:
also, i managed to snag a watcher's eye with only the life gained on hit mod, is it worth using just for that mod or is watcher's eye useless without both of them?

Edit button is great btw :P

For T9-10 you could lose much more damage than just the damage you lose from Xoph's and still oneshot everything.

And the life on hit is the most important stat, as mentioned in the guide. The other stat is just a (powerful) bonus. But I would not wait for one to show up, while there are some at 14-20ex with both mods if you search for offline listings, those have not been online in 2 weeks or more. And one that showed up 2 days ago was listed at 55ex and bought immediatly. Well, at least it disappeared again so I assume it was bought at that price or close to it.

And that price is just too much, considering it really only helps in the most insane situations like tanking Shaper beam or something similar that is designed to kill you if you stand in it. With just the life on hit you will be absolutely fine doing everything the game throws at you, with ease.

I am actually looking for one that has fire penetration while using anger as its second stat. Would not think twice about dropping 20ex on one of those because I went with Inc. AoE/Conc. Effect instead of Fire Penetration in my 6-link for the faster clear and good deal higher single target damage. And with the jewel I could make the boss damage difference between Fire Penetration and Conc. Effect even bigger.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 23, 2018, 4:29:54 PM
Cheers mecielle
Nice Work.
Not that insane dps like inquisitor, but therefore this nice huge lifepool.
Looks fine
I just cleared the 1000 str hurdle. Sitting at 1009str atm, even without compromising for other stats imho. Next upgrade will be gloves, attack speed would be nice. Maybe essence crafted ones for faster Shield Charge.

Some things I thought of:

"Blind" is a very underrated defensive buff that many just ignore or forget about, and with the new Abyss jewels it is so easy to get it. Just one jewel with 5-6% blind on hit is enough to pretty much get perma blind.

Get life and something else that is useful and you have a defensive boost that is as good as or maybe even better than Enfeeble, for the price of one jewel affix. I did this on another char and felt like with the Blind on hit I was able to change Enfeeble to an offensive curse.

Also, I had noticed that my procrate for EO was very low. At best I had 50% uptime. And seeing as OP has the same crit chance as me I assume that is a problem for everyone doing the build. I fixed it by getting the "120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently" enchantment on my boots. With it I feel like I have 95-100% uptime of EO. In my opinion this is the better enchantment to get as it provides overall more damage and makes the build feel smoother as the damage output is not fluctuating so much.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 25, 2018, 12:46:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info