[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

Hello everyone -- I am enjoying the build so far and looking to continue to better myself. I am looking for pointers based on my current gear/flasks/spec as to how to continue to prioritize my improvements. Any advice on what I should look at trying to upgrade/change based on my current loadout? Thanks in advance!
"
DunknDonuts wrote:
Any advice on what I should look at trying to upgrade/change based on my current loadout? Thanks in advance!

Either you are missing 2 passive quests or you took a different bandit reward. Kill all works best with this build. Those 2 points should finish Fangs.
Looks like you have plenty of damage with Disfavour. I would recommend switching some damage nodes to HP unless you're strictly farming a lower tier. Can re-take more damage with the next few levels as you get more passives.
If you are not planning to go for 6L axe soon, I'd move the Cyclone set-up to axe to make use of the +2 supports. Not much difference, but every bit helps and should be fairly easy to get the colors swapped as opposed to other builds.
I'd consider using Pulverise over Damage on Full Life. More AoE, constant damage and only lose a bit of damage when not on Full Life and attack speed. When you get 6th link, either can add Damage on Full Life back or Fortify for constant up-time.
Make use of alternate weapon slot to level gems up for possible 21/20 skill gems. It's not much individually, but collectively having 21/20 gems can add quite a bit. For example, 21 Cyclone gets an additional stage and more base damage and 20% Cyclone gets 10% more AoE.
Better rolls on Atziri flask and Lion's Roar should be relatively cheap.
Maybe move Harvester of Foes and Hatchet Master (8 points) for Amplify, a 2-point jewel (2 dmg and HP minimum), and 5 5% HP. Sacrifice a bit of damage but gain around 30% HP, area of effect, and a bit of damage from Amplify and jewel.
How short are you on resists? Could probably upgrade the HP & resist jewel to 2 dmg and HP jewel as well.
Daresso Salute with Hatred corruption is only a few chaos. Cheap damage in exchange for 18 Str/Dex.
Hrimburn gloves for a bit of burn damage.
Lab enchant on gloves/boots.

Those are all of my quick fixes. More expensive fixes would be stuff like 28% Disfavour, 6L axe/armor, some type of helm lab enchant that helps like Frostbite, Cyclone, or Warchief.. etc.
This is great info thank you so much! I will be working on this and looking forward to the improvements! This is my first season playing, it is very possible I missed some of the passive quests/bandit kills. I will take a look.
@blackdeath

thanks again for your help

im working on my phys to cold dmg and syndicate 28% disfavour at bench with Hillock i think it is

question , ive obtained this

so with
watchers 38%
winter spirit 40%
and Hrimburn 50%

im way over 128% , so at a guess im ditching the Hrimburns and getting some nice gloves with a Phys to cold damage enchant at atleast 22% to make that magical 100% yeah ?

also changed 1 ring i had in stash and swapped bleed flask for Atziris promise ( cant believe i didnt pick that up ,, doh lol )

am i on the right track ?

next thing is rings im guessing

cheers :)
Last edited by Shaghar on Jul 10, 2019, 11:01:49 PM
"
Shaghar wrote:

Yea, it is probably Hillock. I just grabbed It That Fled out of the wiki. I am really bad at optimizing my Syndicate and just kill whoever it is :P

Nice roll Watcher's. You're looking at 98% minimum with rare gloves craft, up to 103%. Craft the gloves up to 22% or higher and you're at 100% conversion.

I also forgot about the Temple gloves that gives up to 50% damage against chilled enemies, so that will be a bonus I didn't add to PoB.

I don't play Standard so didn't realize the price differences. Hatred corrupted Daresso's are super cheap in Legion, but the cheapest one online right now is 5 ex.. so either buy and Vaal cheap ones or hope someone comes on with a decently priced one.

You have a 14% Wise Oak on "Paintbomb". Stygian belt might be an upgrade too? Not 100%. And you have a perfect rolled Atziri's on your "Stuffediknow" character for an extra 2% elemental as chaos.

Then yea, all that other stuff I said before. 21/20, rings, etc. Really just depends on Standard item trade availability or making your own.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
Shaghar wrote:

Yea, it is probably Hillock. I just grabbed It That Fled out of the wiki. I am really bad at optimizing my Syndicate and just kill whoever it is :P

Nice roll Watcher's. You're looking at 98% minimum with rare gloves craft, up to 103%. Craft the gloves up to 22% or higher and you're at 100% conversion.

I also forgot about the Temple gloves that gives up to 50% damage against chilled enemies, so that will be a bonus I didn't add to PoB.

I don't play Standard so didn't realize the price differences. Hatred corrupted Daresso's are super cheap in Legion, but the cheapest one online right now is 5 ex.. so either buy and Vaal cheap ones or hope someone comes on with a decently priced one.

You have a 14% Wise Oak on "Paintbomb". Stygian belt might be an upgrade too? Not 100%. And you have a perfect rolled Atziri's on your "Stuffediknow" character for an extra 2% elemental as chaos.

Then yea, all that other stuff I said before. 21/20, rings, etc. Really just depends on Standard item trade availability or making your own.

cheers again , ill have to leave the belt on paintbomb as i still play him a bit ,, but the 98 to 99 grind is waaaaaaaaaay to real and its a struggle lol

i missed the boat on the hatred corrupted Daressos , seen one for 100c and missed it ,, another one will pop up

ill start crafting / looking for some gloves now and once thats sorted its onto the rings

cheers again :) it helps heaps
So I finally managed to craft my own axe (needed like 7 imprint beasts -.-) and have an open prefix now. What would you suggest me to craft? Penetrate elemental resistence? 2 level to support gems (is this even a prefix)? Gain cold damage as extra chaos damage? Or something else?

Also what would you suggest to make best use of the culling strike on bleeding enemies? Use chance to bleed as support gem? Switch the skill tree from slaughter to cleaving?

Do I understand the weapon mod correct that I can change the Bane of Legend to something else since I get culling strike from my weapon now?

Many thanks again for the build and thanks for your help guys :)
Quick question about crafting. How big of a difference is the base between Void Axe, Vaal Axe, and Fleshripper? You mentioned in the crafting guide that the Void Axe is a lot cheaper (like 1 chaos vs 1.5 exalts for base from what I see), but in the grand scheme of crafting of throwing 6-7 exalts minimum just to finish crafting that difference seems fairly small?

Similarly, how close is Fleshripper? I found one yesterday and am wondering if it's worth making it into a decent crafting base, since you also need to burn resources 6 socketing and linking it.
"
david0925 wrote:
Quick question about crafting. How big of a difference is the base between Void Axe, Vaal Axe, and Fleshripper? You mentioned in the crafting guide that the Void Axe is a lot cheaper (like 1 chaos vs 1.5 exalts for base from what I see), but in the grand scheme of crafting of throwing 6-7 exalts minimum just to finish crafting that difference seems fairly small?

Similarly, how close is Fleshripper? I found one yesterday and am wondering if it's worth making it into a decent crafting base, since you also need to burn resources 6 socketing and linking it.

The difference is pretty small. The Vaal Axe has slightly more dps than the other to and the fleshripper has an implicit (crit chance) which the other two dont have. If you are not super rich, a void axe should be good enough, I dont know the exact difference in dps at the end of crafting, but the difference in the base dps is displayed in the wiki https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Axe. The axe from my last post here for example has 590 dps as vaal axe, 566 dps as void axe and 580 as fleshripper.
"
So I finally managed to craft my own axe (needed like 7 imprint beasts -.-) and have an open prefix now. What would you suggest me to craft? Penetrate elemental resistence? 2 level to support gems (is this even a prefix)? Gain cold damage as extra chaos damage? Or something else?

+2 support is a prefix. But not sure what the optimal craft would be. OP's crafted axe does not have +2.

Wiki reference

Culling Strike on bleed is weird with this build because we are not a physical build. So the only source of bleed, unless you spec into it, is from your totem support. You can spec out of Bane at any time, but I think a lot of Bane's pro is the 20% movement speed that stacks with Onslaught for 40% movement speed. Totally viable to switch to Impact at the cost of some attack speed and movement speed.

Also, you may want to revisit your skill tree unless I'm missing something. You opted out of Winter Spirit so missing 40% conversion, so 50% of your damage is not getting benefits on cold modifiers, Frostbite, Cold pen helm/Fangs, etc. Move all 5 points for Feller of Foes (you are RT, no crit or accuracy needed) to Winter Spirit and you should see a big damage increase (pen not calculated in tooltip). Depending on what you're farming, I'd probably move Harvester of Foes too for jewel slot (ideally Hatred conversion Watcher's for rare gloves and 100% conversion) and Charged Offensive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info