Lag spikes (With WinMTR)

I don't want to be an asshole, but as other posts have said and I think it's in the FAQ, you should make your own posts about these issues. You'll have better support done that way. They aren't even related to mine, as I'm from Spain, so I don't even know what's comcast.

I still haven't solved mine, by the way >_<.
Last edited by KurthDeimos on Jan 19, 2018, 11:10:54 AM
"
KurthDeimos wrote:

The PingPlotter trace shows what is going on: you lose packets in bursts between 10.0.0.1 - your router/modem - and the machine two hops later. So, yeah, that would be "call your ISP" time - there is some issue, probably hardware, on the line between your router and their network.

"
KurthDeimos wrote:
I don't want to be an asshole, but as other posts have said and I think it's in the FAQ, you should make your own posts about these issues. You'll have better support done that way. They aren't even related to mine, as I'm from Spain, so I don't even know what's comcast.

Comcast is an American cable ISP, which means they are a monopoly, and deliver the level of service you would expect: somewhere between abysmal and IP over Avian Carrier. Even the best connected states barely deliver above 10MBit/s to half the people there.
Last edited by SlippyCheeze on Jan 19, 2018, 2:13:59 PM
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
KurthDeimos wrote:

The PingPlotter trace shows what is going on: you lose packets in bursts between 10.0.0.1 - your router/modem - and the machine two hops later. So, yeah, that would be "call your ISP" time - there is some issue, probably hardware, on the line between your router and their network.

"
KurthDeimos wrote:

Comcast is an American cable ISP, which means they are a monopoly, and deliver the level of service you would expect: somewhere between abysmal and IP over Avian Carrier. Even the best connected states barely deliver above 10MBit/s to half the people there.

Thanks for your help! I'll call them then with this exact info so that they don't make me do the usual "reset router, bye".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info